Looking for some harvesting advice please

Jams67

14 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

@Jams67 If you don't have a proper drying space I would be careful about chopping your tops and drying them while waiting for the rest. Those tops are the best bits and you don't want to rush drying them.

Best bet - in a few weeks time chop a nice looking bud from near the top (but not an actual top) you can pop that in a carboard box with holes in and with the current weather it will be dry in no time - you can have a test smoke, it won;t be great but its better than chopping early. A week later do the same on another equivalent bud and so on. You then get a good feel of how its coming along - just don't sacrifice too much for erm..science. I would say 3 weeks from now is the start of your harvest window though so keep feeding them.

Cheers bud, yeah i get what your saying definitely dont want to sacrifice the best bits just to salvage the lower buds. I like your idea of sacrificing some buds for “science” as I go though lol. Im definitely up for doing my bit for science lol 

Forgot to say, going through your diary again, some cracking looking pics mate:yep:

Edited by Jams67
  • Like 2

I wouldn't carry on running a room just for the lower buds, that shit is just for cooking or hashing to me. Electric is way too expensive to be fucking about. 

I agree with the plants being way off finishing. It's hard to put an amount of weeks on as they're no where near imo. 

Hope they turn out as nice as they look :)

Edited by KC
Stoner moment
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, KC said:

I wouldn't carry on running a room just for the lower buds, that shit is just for cooking or hashing to me. Electric is way too expensive to be fucking about. 

I agree with the plants being way off finishing. It's hard to put an amount of weeks on as they're no where near imo. 

Hope they turn out as nice as they look :)

Cheers @KC im planning on making some tinctures anyway so could use them for that maybe? To be honest if the tops are still a good way off, say 4/5 weeks then the bottoms will be a lot further along than they are now as well, so might not even be a problem by that time:yep:

• Like 1

Ways off for sure. They have lots of developing and fattening up to do. Lots of breeders are full of shit, but for the ones that aren’t trying to sell people BS, those flowering times are usually for mature clones grown in perfect environments and fed correctly. So, every little feed mistake, environment spike, and other stress will slow you down and add time to that timeline. Looking good though. If you have somewhere else to dry with great conditions and the electric isn’t too much, go for a staggered harvest, but my biggest focus would be the drying conditions for the tops. Best of luck with them!

• Like 2

@SnakePlisskenCheers bud, thats interesting about all the mistakes etc slowing things down and taking longer, I never looked at it that way before and just thought that the mistakes would effect yield. Would certainly explain why they dont look as far on as others at the same age, I think I tick all the boxes for feed mistakes, environmental spikes and other stresses lol 

• Like 1

@Jams67 mate great pics , . give it a few more weeks , nice set up to  yea ment to say

big carboard box on a stool , i put string inside ,across like a so there is drying levels  bore holes inside box an string through 

bigger the better 800x 600 deep , wish i can send pic ,but some day iwill learn   

Edited by geogeo
  • Like 1

They look great though mate! you've done a great job of growing them if it's your first time!!

They fill in and put on most weight in the last few weeks...

I remember someone telling me when I first started out...

"If you think they're ready,give them another week"

It's a great little motto.

Well done you've got a good size harvest coming your way!!

• Like 5

@geogeo Thanks bud, appreciate that. I think I will probably just dry in the tent as I dont really want to be growing October - February so might be a little tight to start a new grow after the LD’s finish. Will have a look into making a separate drying room/box for next year though.

There’s a thread to help get you started on uploading pics here worth a read through if you haven’t seen it yet, im not great with forums but managed to get it quick enough. There’s different ways to reduce the file size of the pics, but what I do is email them to myself from my iphone and then select the Large file type which always reduced enough for me to upload them. If you do get a pic up of your drying box would love to see it mate:yep:

@Hombre del Monte Cheers bud, yeah that sounds about right. I was planning on it being a 9 week flower just because of the description on the site and the canna coco feeding chart schedule Im using so if its another 4 weeks from now its really only another 2 weeks extra which ain’t too bad.

@stu sleeper 20vt Cheers bud, your too kind lol To be honest though the lemon drizzle have put up with some pretty dire treatment along the way, getting to this stage has been mainly down to the great help and advice on here along with their own hardy genetics I think (il take a little credit though because I do fill the resevoir up once a week lol)

I like that motto, will keep that in mind. I remember the guy at the grow shop saying when he first started out he was told always aim to  get ph to 6 and thats what he has done ever since, and that has stuck with me too.

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Well done you've got a good size harvest coming your way!!

:yahoo::yahoo: Haha too excited but im trying to keep my expectations in check

Cheers again for all the quick replies folks:bong:

• Like 2

@Jams67 thank you for the reply mate , been on here 3 years , im a old divvey , good with hands , thick with brain things like tec'  ive looked at post  how to d/l pics,

ye, i can send emails ok. ..but with a nokia mob. 9year old . lol will maybe get daughter , when she up,s

''you would probaly need 2 big boxes for your ,excelent  1st grow '' ,  by the way are you a jam tarts fan ??  ALB .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geogeo said:

@Jams67 thank you for the reply mate , been on here 3 years , im a old divvey , good with hands , thick with brain things like tec'  ive looked at post  how to d/l pics,

ye, i can send emails ok. ..but with a nokia mob. 9year old . lol will maybe get daughter , when she up,s

''you would probaly need 2 big boxes for your ,excelent  1st grow '' ,  by the way are you a jam tarts fan ??  ALB .

Haha fair play bud, I know how you feel. Im not too bad with tech but for some reason online forums and things like facebook just go over my head. Not a jam tart fan mate but I used to go to tynecstle when I was wee and always had a great atmosphere, one of my favourite grounds. Dont really follow football to much these days, cant be doing with all the play acting and rolling about lol 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cakeyb said:

Tynecastle eeeeewww 

I used to like you @Jams67 

plants are looking ace mate, keep up the good work.

lollol  To be fair mostly the away end but a few of my mates growing up were jambos so I have ventured in the home end once or twice :bad:

Cheers bud:yep:

• Like 1

Phew @Jams67 thought you were a dodgy tart there. 

can’t wait to see the harvest photos mate. 

my own grow at the minute is around week 5, I’ve got some autos that are 2 weeks old in another tent. I trimmed my photos before flower then had to do the lower bud sights again as they sprouted again. Lots of lower sights that get some light but not enough for them to develop significantly. 

will keep a keen eye on your grow mate and your drying as I’m a complete novice at all this 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cakeyb said:

Phew @Jams67 thought you were a dodgy tart there. 

can’t wait to see the harvest photos mate. 

my own grow at the minute is around week 5, I’ve got some autos that are 2 weeks old in another tent. I trimmed my photos before flower then had to do the lower bud sights again as they sprouted again. Lots of lower sights that get some light but not enough for them to develop significantly. 

will keep a keen eye on your grow mate and your drying as I’m a complete novice at all this 

lollol

Cheers bud will update my diary later today, just been moving things around a bit this morning. Im a complete novice too bud but with the help from the good experienced members on here ive some how made it this far. Need to have a think about getting my drying conditions right for when the time comes myself. 

ATB, J :smokin:

• Like 1