First attempt ;Tent size , lighting, plus Bonus Questions:)

jimineycricket

1 hour ago, jimineycricket said:

Curious to know , if your growing two plants at a time in that small tent and one finishes up faster do you also dry out the harvest in that tent with the other plant still in growth or do you have some other system. I'm assuming you cant dry it out in your house due to the smell here.

This has happened only once and it was because I stupidly paired an indica and a sativa I chopped weeks early. I've done plenty of two-strain indica auto grows and they aren't ever far enough apart to be considered a problem. Pretty sweet.

I dry in the tent and usually get the next ones in when jarring occurs. I've decided to be as stealthy as possible in general.

I do respectfully see that this is a passionate endeavor for many and that it might be a head scratcher to see someone approach it with less precision.

Not guilty. I feed one bottle, my tent has holes, I have no timers and no sensors beyond temp and RH, and don't really care about RH anyway. I make it work without drainage. I started off by rage-buying a kit and had no idea what the light even was, on principles similar to yours and I don't regret it because it got me growing.

I still think it's worth getting a decent efficient dimmable modern lamp, it's what makes the whole thing tick, gives the quality and sucks the electric. But whatever you decide to do is right, it's your money.

• Like 3

Question ; So obviously the size/power of the light should be matched to the square floor space dimension of the the tent ? But what about height? Is it a factor in light choice? So If I built the tent say 40x40x100  or  40x40x140 would I need a different light in each instance?

The height won’t matter with the light coz u can move it up and down , but I’d rather get it with plenty of height, just incase. :yep: