First attempt ;Tent size , lighting, plus Bonus Questions:)

jimineycricket

13 hours ago, Tsoi said:

not hating but are you just solely growing cbd? You can get very high quality "industrial hemp" from the USA for amazing prices and less hassle.

Cant fault you if youre growing 1:1, want your own or just enjoy the hobby :smokin:

If you fill up the canopy very well in a 40x40 you could get just under 100g of trimmed bud with no experience. 200g is about right for a 2x2.

Personally would run 6 plants SOG and flip them quickly. Seeing as some cbd seeds are stupidly expensive maybe taking multiple clones wouldnt be a terrible idea.

recommend kingbrites from alibaba all the way but thats just my opinion

good luck!

Have you any links to that US hemp source? Yes I think id like to grow 1:1 with the tent , I want to grow the kind of plant I cant buy around here. Everything I can get  here is way too heavy on the THC for me.

4 hours ago, Military Grade said:

A 100w modern LED light is fine for a 60x60. Just don't get a MarsHydro poorly made crap.

Any recommends for a better lamp?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

A 100w modern LED light is fine for a 60x60. Just don't get a MarsHydro poorly made crap.

Really? Even HLG's own spec sheet for their 150w Quantumn Board says it is suitable for 60x60.

5 hours ago, jimineycricket said:

Hi JC ,What light do you use for that tent size? Also do you choose specific strains that grow shorter or smaller for that space? Thanks

I started with an older 80W blurple and grew decent canna with it for a while.

Upgraded to a Voost 120W but don't push it beyond 80W. That works out about 500W per square metre. The quality is much better than the old one ever managed at the same wattage, definitely worth the money.

Northern Lights is usually short but I think 24-hour light is needed early to keep them that way. I pick indica varieties and they are generally OK to handle. Sativas not so much but I will be trying again with more intervention someday. Usually I just bend the main stem to let the secondaries catch up and let it go from there. I have diarised my entire grow history on here, like a more annoying version of Adele :) not a lot has changed in three years apart from the light.

If you need an ounce or more a month and don't want to or can't permagrow then definitely get a bigger tent than mine. 40x40 was all the space I had, but luckily I'm a lightweight and don't get out much so it's all good.

Edited by mister phlegm
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Satchitananda said:

Really? Even HLG's own spec sheet for their 150w Quantumn Board says it is suitable for 60x60.

Of course it is. Just because a 150w is good so is 100w both do a great job. You can get 250w boards for a 60x60 that don't suddenly make 150w not enough lol

There are loads of diaries on here with 100w LED boards smashing it in small tents. Some with even less watts:yep:

Not my best grow as it was the first time I tried mainlining. But grew like a trooper. Running at 90% so about 90w

large.20210914_181953.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

@jimineycricket

Viparspectra P600 has a £15off voucher on the big river atm. The light has a good reputation from the guys at Migro. So about £74, is that too much or can you afford more?

• Like 1

@Jiminy Cricket Migro have a 30% sale on at the moment as well, and with that sale the Maxsisun MF1000 is reduced to €84 (€36 off) for 60x60, MF2000 reducded to €139 (€60 off),

and the MG3000 reduced to €209 (€90 off) which is great value for a 300w full spectrum light.

• Like 2

Your grow 1 nice plant or a few small ones with Mars ts 1000 light in 60x60 good lights cheak the par maps out on each light  :yep:

Edited by Killuminati7
  • Like 2

Just be aware of the poor build quality on the TS range. Also there par maps have been proven to be BS, but that's no surprise coming from a company that claimed their lights are more powerful than the sun lol

Also why did they put a reflector hud on a LED board.

A TS 1000 will grow you weed that ain't in doubt. But you can invest your money in better:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

Just now, Military Grade said:

Just be aware of the poor build quality on the TS range. Also there par maps have been proven to be BS, but that's no surprise coming from a company that claimed their lights are more powerful than the sun lol

Also why did they put a reflector hud on a LED board.

A TS 1000 will grow you weed that ain't in doubt. But you can invest your money in better:yep:

Shane from migro done the par map and was better then his own lights lol 

The video I watched from Shane where he was comparing budget LED lights the Marshydro was one of the worst one out of the lot. He even called out their bs mentioned above lol 

You can get more power and better quality for the money tho that's my point I'm trying to make here. :yep:

Edited by Military Grade