First attempt ;Tent size , lighting, plus Bonus Questions:)

jimineycricket

Just now, Military Grade said:

The video I watched from Shane where he was comparing budget LED lights the Marshydro was one of the worst one out of the lot. He even called out their bs mentioned above lol 

You can get more power and better quality for the money tho that's my point I'm trying to make here. :yep:

Not the sp 3000s tho he bigged them up :yep:

• Like 1

Yeah that is a decent light for its purpose. Due to is being a totally different design to the TS range.

But that thing nearly costs 500 big ones, not really what @jimineycricket is after tho, but saying that we don't know what he truly means when he said "Low , very Low" when asked for budget. Gonna have to wait and see what he says when he gets back. We both could be high balling him lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

Yeah that is a decent light for its purpose. Due to is being a totally different design to the TS range.

But that thing nearly costs 500 big ones, not really what @jimineycricket is after tho, but saying that we don't know what he truly means when he said "Low , very Low" when asked for budget. Gonna have to wait and see what he says when he gets back. We both could be high balling him lol.

It cost 313 now on sale lol I always fall asleep listening to that Shane lol 

• Like 1

All joking aside tho u are better buying dearer coz it will last you longer  :yep:  How much u got !!

lol .

I only looked at the big river price but didn't notice the £50 off voucher. Be a hard squeeze in a 60x60. Unless he lays the tent on its side lol

• Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 4:13 PM, jimineycricket said:

Hi there,

I am putting together a Grow Tent , 60 x 60 x 170. I would get a smaller tent but I was told I would have to "train" the plant and play with the height of the light a lot more. So going this size seems like less complication am I right?

I only plan to grow one plant at a time , should I go smaller maybe? like 40 x 40 x 120?

I am trying to choose suitable lighting that is energy efficient and on the more budget end of things but have the sense of drowning in information.

So far I have found this going on someone's advice to get a 100Watt Led for the 60x60x170 tent ,It's a Mars hydro ts600 100w

Does this sound right or is it overkill on the wattage for one plant?

I have a few other questions too if anyone can help;

If one plant finishes up faster than the other can I dry that plant out in the Grow tent while the slower plant finishes up ?

It is obviously more efficient energy cost wise to grow 2 plants at the same time if possible correct ?

How much smell will there be in a room if I have a carbon filter rigged up to the tent? Should I have the filter routed to an open window or can I leave the room sealed? Do I even need a carbon filter for 1 plant?

Your advice and experience is very  much appreciated , not trying to win the cannabis cup here , just want to dip my toe and grow a little CBD.

@jimineycrickethave to also consider the electric cost of your grow equipment i pay around £5 a day so £35 a week so around £700 per grow for veg and flower are you sure 1 plant will give you enough expensive hobby in uk 

• Like 1

Just now, Grow lady said:

@jimineycrickethave to also consider the electric cost of your grow equipment i pay around £5 a day so £35 a week so around £700 per grow for veg and flower are you sure 1 plant will give you enough expensive hobby in uk 

My estimates are not high , 65W bulb on 18 hours aday , 2 x 20 watt fans , works out about €30 a month I dont need so much power to run a smaller set up

Just now, jimineycricket said:

My estimates are not high , 65W bulb on 18 hours aday , 2 x 20 watt fans , works out about €30 a month I dont need so much power to run a smaller set up

@jimineycricket it's still nearly £200 in electric so need to produce at least 2oz from the plant to cover the cost 

But good luck will be a slower grow with the lights that's only 85w they need good lights to grow but good luck its not cheap hobby 

Edited by Grow lady

@jimineycricket it's still nearly £200 in electric so need to produce at least 2oz from the plant to cover the cost 

how long for the plant to grow ? I would be growing one plant for (30€ x 7 = €210) for 7 months to work up a cost of £200

how long for the plant to grow ? I would be growing one plant for (30€ x 7 = €210) for 7 months to work up a cost of £200

@jimineycricket its around 6 months from start to finish and even slower with your lights watts 65W isn't enough for flowering so £200

@jimineycricket its around 6 months from start to finish and even slower with your lights watts 65W isn't enough for flowering so £200

Thanks , its definitely something to consider alright

Thanks , its definitely something to consider alright

It's not a cheap hobby but it's also a very hard work keeping them on track and if problems like hermies then the money is gone on seeds 

• Like 1

My indica autos are generally ready to chop 90 days from planting.

I costed my grows here if it helps but tent placement makes a huge difference, as can latitude.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mister phlegm said:

My indica autos are generally ready to chop 90 days from planting.

I costed my grows here if it helps but tent placement makes a huge difference, as can latitude.

@mister phlegm from seed to harvest is never 90 days that's not correct and using a 65w led its going to slow them down also so even fastest autos need about 120 days or more but that's if environment and everything perfect and this person has a 65w led so won't be fast as could be with better light's