anyone grown -attitude freebies....opinions wanted

badbillybob

In DTW as long as your feed pH is below 6.5 in coco don't worry about it.... no need to aim for a number. pH5.5-6.5 the plants won't notice. Even down to 5 won't hurt if you accidentally go that far one feed. The important thing is runoff and don't do it it too strong. 1.2-1.4ec is fine, Base water reading is good about 0.4-0.6ec. Make it up to that range if its lower. Coco can be greedy nicking the cal and mag ions.

Edited by catweazle1

12 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

@MindSoup I looked at Scotland once and could afford a decent sized house which seemed amazing at the time but the cost of running them was something else!!

Yeah true and it would be even worse now. I do love Scotland, one side of my family originates there, but I'm not sure I could stand the weather. Another cheap option is rural Spain, but the challenge there is making any money. 

• Like 3

On 24/06/2022 at 9:08 PM, catweazle1 said:

no need to aim for a number. pH5.5-6.5 the plants won't notice.

This is news to me! Reassuring news with my grow style lol I genuinely thought 5.5 to 6.5 was the window and read so much about 5.8 being the magic number. 

So is it correct to say that the plants are getting the same feed from 6.3 as the are 5.7?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

This is news to me! Reassuring news with my grow style lol I genuinely thought 5.5 to 6.5 was the window and read so much about 5.8 being the magic number. 

So is it correct to say that the plants are getting the same feed from 6.3 as the are 5.7?

The pH is constantly moving between waterings... usually up. Same with other hydroponics. 5.5 to 6.5 is a good range but 5 won't kill them. IYou are more likely to hit deficiencies slavishly holding to a number I think because you are missing out the other pH levels that are optimal for each element. This is something that I picked up off the DWC growers. I tend to be on the low side in veg (below 6) and on the higher side (above 6) in flower. As long as it's between 5-6 in veg and 6-6.5 in flower, I think no more of it. If you keep your feed simple ( A and B, a tonic or seaweed) and keep the feed at 1.2 (unless they clearly want more) for adult plants  you shouldn't have to do more than the occasional runoff ec check. It's a good thing to do often when you are learning but as time goes on  it isn't really necessary to do it when you are doing the same procedure everyday. If there's a sudden swing in the environment that might well change things and a check would be useful. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

no they are not. 

they are uptaking different nutrients at different ph's, thats why you can get lock outs even if within the 5.5 to 6.5 range.

im presuming youre in coco. soil doesnt matter

• Like 3

and people just stick at 5.8 because they are too  lazy to find out what the plant needs during various stages of veg and bloom. its a compromise. 

• Like 3

G13 TP is a killer. pulled 9oz from her last round, flavour profile is immense, so much so so I took cuts and made a couple of mums and now 30% of my current run is TP

• Like 2

Just now, Military Grade said:

They make toilet paper too, wow what a company lol

TP for my bunghole.

I AM CORNHOLIO

:bag:

Sorry.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 7

@Boojum

lol I love that movie. I went to see it the cinema when i was about 11 just me and my mate and they let us in, we was the only 2 people in there.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

@Military Grade i'm walking home from work with the single minded intention of signing up to paramount+ just so I can watch beavis and butthead do the universe later.

Do America was a pivotal moment in young Bilge's character development lol

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 3

@BilgePump Is it another movie or a series?

I found what seems to be a full movie for free with a google search, Didn't watch to watch it yet just incase of spoilers lol

1:26:01 long

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2