Soundproofing

Ecto

I don't have the spare cash for one of them there acoustic fans so I made my own with a black orchid. Cost 20 quid to do two fans.

I got some thin ply and made a box around the fan. It's a little big because I extended the ends with some manrose ducting for a little extra stealth. I jig sawed some circles then drilled a hole for the wire and rewired the plug. The inside is lined with some retardant children's sponge floor stuff. I read someone used expanding foam which is good until a wire comes loose :wallbash: popped some screw hooks on there so it can be hung and jobs a good en! 

Verdict, quiet as a mouse. The Mrs would tell me if it wasn't :chains: really reduces the hum and accompanied with acoustic ducting and diffuse air on the intake it's a dream. It's absolutely worth doing these things for peace of mind, my neighbours are deaf but visitors aren't!