Soundproofing

Ecto

30 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Controller 67, alongside an AC Infinity EC Fan. Pop over to the site sponsors @Ledgrowlights-Adam, or @ledgrowlights-Craigyou won't regret it , best in fans the biz.  :yep:

@ledgrowlights-Craig how would this fan work as a outlet on a 80x80x160 using 600w mh/hps running at 400w with passive intake about 2 plants 

Just now, Ecto said:

how would this fan work as a outlet on a 80x80x160 using 600w mh/hps running at 400w with passive intake about 2 plants 

Like any extractor fan, only quieter and smarter. You could probably get by without the 67 controller but it's a good investment, and you can control trhe fan, see the temps/humidity on your phone. :yep:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ecto said:

Any recommendations on a good fan controller 

Mines a JDC1000 they cost about £130, if you put that in a search engine you’ll see what I mean, it’s shit hot but it’s the only one I’ve ever had so can’t comment on others but I’m sure anything comparable will do the job !

SAM_1159-600x600.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Like any extractor fan, only quieter and smarter. You could probably get by without the 67 controller but it's a good investment, and you can control trhe fan, see the temps/humidity on your phone. :yep:

Was meant to add this in the post AC INFINITY CLOUDLINE S6 EC FAN 6

• Like 1

@Ecto I've just started using an AC INFINITY Cloudline a6 lite in a 1.2x1.2x2 tent, purchased from site sponsors, cheaper than elsewhere and I was impressed as they could easily have sold me the more expensive model. I sleep next to my tent so after a 2 speed Black Orchid keeping me awake for a couple of years I'm getting a great night's sleep , depending on how humidity levels are doing I have the AC on 2 to sleep and never above 4 during the day really, I love it, IMHO I don't think you could go wrong for that money, unless of course you've got several hundreds of pounds for one of those truly silent jobies. Good luck with your grow man, get the best kit you can afford but don't stress too much as you'll have different kit every couple of years ish from now on , and it's always better to oversize your extraction fans and dial them down than to undersize it and wish you'd oversized it when the stink starts :skin_up:

Edited by Should Know Betterer
Baked
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Ecto said:

@ledgrowlights-Craig has the 8” with 67 controller on offer! But surely that’s too big for my smallish grow 

Nothing wrong with oversizing with the EC motors, means you can run them on lower settings and still move a lot of air in near silence. I hear AC Infinity are also putting out a range of circulating ec-fans soon, I might try them if any of my 5v USB circulating fans ever stops. .  

• Like 5

@Slippy One Do you mind sharing the brand of USB fan? I've often considered a meross smart strip with the USB ports but can't make my mind up about the lasting power of the USB fans. Yours sound like they'd be worth a punt. I'm thinking in a very small tent with mums or seedlings, a wee USB fan might be more forgiving.

• Like 1

8 inch might be overkill for most 80cm spaces, but it'll push all the air you'll need on a low speed setting very quietly. 

• Like 4

@Gaijin - Just a heads up on the Meross, I bought one based on the reviews from here and just couldn't get the damn thing to connect to my network. I have a fairly complex network but even with all their troubleshooting it would just not work. Ended up going back to a "dumb" solution

• Like 2

@J.C good to know, thanks :yep:  I think the missus wants to try one out for something in the bedroom. I didn't ask, I like surprises lol She can test one out on our network before I decide

3 hours ago, Gaijin said:

@Slippy One Do you mind sharing the brand of USB fan? I've often considered a meross smart strip with the USB ports but can't make my mind up about the lasting power of the USB fans. Yours sound like they'd be worth a punt. I'm thinking in a very small tent with mums or seedlings, a wee USB fan might be more forgiving.

They're mostly non brand, Chinese cheapies, so just do what I did, buy 4-6 brands, and return the noisy ones (spamazon) as some so make a clatter sound. Doing this I'm almost silent. USB's have their issues though, like some have batteries, most have built in cables (removable is best), and I've also found they don't automatically switch on, they need a push of a button to initiate, so I just leave mine on 24/7. Make sure you have a power switch with USB inside the tent, I use a Meross as it's a joy to have 4x power timers and USB power controlled by an app. Also, for the whopping 5v going through these fans, hardly likely to burn the tent/house down if they fail..In fact I'd say they probably don't even get hot if they fail.. 

large.IMG-0288.JPGlarge.IMG_8733.jpg

• Like 2

@Slippy One yeah that makes sense :yep:  I've seen quite a few on Spamazon that look exactly the same, except for a different Chinese-sounding name lol They just seem like they'd be a bit gentler in a wee tent