Soundproofing

Ecto

On 21/04/2022 at 3:22 PM, Superstealth said:

look at getting a diffuse air,

have you got one of these mate can I just ask you some thangs

mystic

On 21/04/2022 at 6:44 PM, Ecto said:

but a tad more than I have a budget for at the moment

also look at the phresh hyperfan v2 silenced mate - nearly as quiet a bit more affordable

mystic

Just now, J.C said:

@mysticriver - On the DiffuseAir, I just got one, would be happy to try and answer some questions

Can it only work with a intake fan blowing air into the tent

Edited by Ecto

On 23/04/2022 at 0:17 PM, mysticriver said:

also look at the phresh hyperfan v2 silenced mate - nearly as quiet a bit more affordable

mystic

Sorry mystic I don't yet, my local grow shop has one set up with a controller, phonic ducting and a filter attached which the guy turned off all the music in the store and let me play around with, I will be buying a couple when I move in a few months as I will be going back to growing indoors, whilst I have been trimming I have had a 4" fan and filter running and its quite easy to forget how loud it actually is when its inside and completely quiet, with new neighbours I want everything to be as quiet as possible

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J.C said:

answer some questions

I looked into 1 of the diffuseair recently

but I culdnt find any videos on utube showing one in operation - in a grow tent. plenty of made-up graphic type clips that the manufacturer (I assume) made

so it attaches to the exhaust end of an extractor fan? and blows a flow of air through it?

is it enough, or would one be enough to move the air around a 1.2 x 2.4m grow tent, so that the leaves move slightly?

that would be positioned in the middle of the tent at canopy level (from what I can make out on the graphic) and that is enough to move the air around?

or would one be enough in that size tent ( something like a 200 or 250mm diffuseair)?

lastly, in your opinion, would a diffuseair be good enough to not have to need oscillating monkey pole fans and modified pedestal fans that im using atm?

also from what I gather, id have to be prepared for some fan noise if I went for the rvk kit, or get ready for expense if I dont want the noise and go with a systemair revolution silenced or phresh silenced at £275 minimum...

mystic

• Like 1

@mysticriver - It can either attach to your intake or just be standalone to move air already in the tent. I'm not sure but I had a spare 8" RVK so got a DiffuseAir for that and hung it in the middle of my 1.2 x 2.4 tent. Haven't got any plants in there but did a little test and it seems more than up for the job. I reckon you could probably get away with a 6" one.

Whether it will allow me to do away with the oscilating fans I don't know yet, I guess I'll only find out in about 2 months when I'm going full tilt

• Like 1

After buying a 4", 6" and 8" AC Infinity fans with various filters for extract and inlet and numerous types of fans to push the air around the tent..... I have found that because i'm using an LED light now, things just don't get that hot. So the extract fan only needs to replenish the stale air.... you can work out what size for your light and tent here

http://www.uk420.com/growroomtools2.php

As for circulating fans, I have settled on an EC fan (mine happens to be a 12" AC Infinity) nailed to the roof of the tent blowing air through the bars of my LED. This is also remote controlled so can easily be turned up as the grow progresses.

I also extract from the bottom of my tent and have a passive at the top.... this helps both fans (extract and circulating) do their job and keeps temps up, which is the other way round to what i needed in my last grow which was HID and in a different location.

chair...

Edited by Chairman O The Bored
SP
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, J.C said:

find out in about 2 months

ill check back to see how your getting on

mystic

@mysticriver - No worries bud, sorry I can't be more helpful but just don't have anything to accuratly test with yet!

As it goes, I'm toying with the idea of sacking off the ac fan and connecting the DiffuseAir to my intake, depends on how loud it is

22 hours ago, J.C said:

sacking off the ac fan and connecting the DiffuseAir to my intake

why what intake you got?

mystic

22 hours ago, J.C said:

just don't have anything to accuratly test with yet!

im surprised no-one has come up with good set fans yet 

only now are ac infinity testing ec pole fans but there not out yet

mystic

@mysticriver - I ended up buying a 6" AC Infinity, mainly as it was cheap and I wanted to see how it stacked up against my rather expensive outtake fan. It should be a lot quieter than the 8" RVK that I had laying around.

• Like 1