Polytunnel autoflower

Crow River

Yes a great idea that cat litter @Crow River especialy with this shite weather at the moment. I'm getting worried with the humidity in the greenhouse . Those plants look lovely mate :yep:

• Like 1

On a busy Sunday of growing related activity, yesterday I visited the polytunnel. At 97 days old, the girls are really filling out their buds. Some are beginning to ripen, but harvest is some way off still. In particular the Sativa dominant Micron Auto Tao is taking her time compared to her much more Indica dominant sibling. There's a bit of variation among the Auto Bubbleicious too, but not as extreme as the difference between the MAT phenos. It's possible that one or both of the ABs will be ready to chop in a fortnight or so. There's quite a stink in the polytunnel greenhouse these days! :D No rot detected so far, which is good. I added some more cat litter to the floor to help control humidity. 

I have had an issue with rats coming into the greenhouse this past week. They haven't damaged any plants, but have burrowed in my raised beds. They're after the Bokashi it seems. This was buried months ago, but they like it even so. I think @Cajafiesta had some issues with wild boar and Bokashi earlier? Anyway I don't think I'll be using it in the greenhouse again after this. Need to put some poison bait down, maybe chilli powder too...

Back to the matter at hand. Gratuitous photo dump, too the "posh" smartphone this time, it has a "macro" lens. Fancy! :) 

Auto Bubblelicious

large.IMG_20230709_164504.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164409.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164358.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164210.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164226.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164233.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164250.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164258.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164618.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164633.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164652.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164709.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_180942.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_180957.jpeg

Micron Auto Tao

large.IMG_20230709_164350.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164544.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164325.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164316.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164559.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164608.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164719.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_164727.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_180918.jpeglarge.IMG_20230709_180932.jpeg

• Like 6

@Idicanna jones thanks man.

I've been trying not to repeat mistakes from last year. So far, seems to be going well. Hopefully three of these girls will finish up over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed the cat litter will help tame the humidity...

@Crow River wasn’t me. We did have some trouble with Armadillo and worm castings, though. 

Wouldn’t be too shocked if rats liked any of that sorta stuff. Bokashi, castings etc.

• Like 1

@Crow River, I use Bokashi and haven't noticed it attracting the ratsanymore than the occasional one but I'm surrounded by farms and have a neighbour with chickens.  Due to the rain they are often seeking a warm place and will obviously eat once they settle in for the day/night.

• Like 1

Brilliant mate - cut away your dying leaves. 

I don't know what others think but bud preservation is key and I would also 'unclutter' the bud sites on the AB's with some modest leaf trimming there too mate.

I love the last picture - just how I remembered growing them.

You are right on track, really great for a poly tunnel :)

Lavender flowering at the same time - so cool - mine haven't flowered at all yet - everyone is a better gardener than me lol.

• Like 1

@Machiavellian cheers man.

My habit is just to leave my girls to do their own thing. I tend not to defoliate, but I will remove dead/dying leaves as need be. We've had a lot of rain recently, more still to come. Humidity is very high, but the cat litter seems to reduce RH by around 10-20% which is very welcome. Now that buds are filling out and starting to ripen, I'll maybe move the girls so they have more shelter from rain but still get the breeze. 

Both strains have impressed me so far, especially given how they started out as spindly windowsill teens. The Micron Auto Tao is crazy though - like two completely different strains! As for the lavender, these were plants picked up for a few quid in the nearest supermarket. Repotted, watered regularly, and a bit of feed now and again. Nothing to it really! :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crow River said:

Armadillo? Ah, that's exotic! 

Apologies, must have confused you for someone else! Maybe it was @Arbre Medicinal I had in mind?

Haha not all that exotic for me. I live in the states. They’re everywhere in my location. Aggravating little digging bastards. 

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

@Cajafiesta the most exotic animal digging up my plants would be a fox. :) They haven't touched the ganja yet - very wise, or otherwise I shall rain down death and retribution on them! :skull:

• Like 1

@Crow River the irony!  

a Fox would be a fairly rare sighting for me. We have them, but you almost NEVER see one. I’ve seen maybe...5 in person in my life. 

our biggest nemesis outdoors when I am is bugs!  We grow budworms like it’s a damn plague. Gotta stay on the outdoor plants with BT or it’s a total loss come mid-late season 

• Like 1

Passed by the polytunnel this evening to mix a couple of litres of liquid seaweed for my GG plot. Checked in on the girls, and they are looking fine. Inspected the buds, and I reckon the uppers on the Auto Bubblelicious and the Indica dominant Micron Auto Tao are nearly finished. The Sativa dominant MAT is miles off. I'm going to let them all cook a bit longer, say a week to ten days. Then I'll harvest the tops and uppers (except for the Sativa MAT) and let the lowers ripen up some more.

• Like 1