Polytunnel autoflower

Crow River

Yeah, we'll see what happens I suppose. The polytunnel is not as full as last year, that's down to my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers being savaged by snails and slugs when we had all that rain. The few survivors are much smaller than they would have been otherwise, and replacement plantings are still seedlings. So humidity is relatively low. All side windows have been open the whole time, so it's a more sheltered version of outside. Some of the plants look like they're starting to flower, that's coinciding with the start of a heatwave. So that may work quite well. I'm more worried about later this month, forecast light rain, thunderstorms, etc. which says to me higher atmospheric humidity. I have solar powered fans, and cat litter on standby for this eventuality. I might also space the plants out a bit more. 

I did hope that by starting this grow earlier, I might avoid more humid weather in late August/early September. But May was so cold, I'm not convinced this strategy was as effective as it could have been. Just playing by ear at the moment...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

Can't like posts at the moment but still watching - gl

Try the equivalent of right clicking the like button,

I know that seems daft but try it,

on a mobile press and hold until the option to open in a new tab,

choose that option and your browser will open a fresh tab just for the like :yep:

This works with changing pages too if you have that problem :) 

The site is getting an upgrade shortly to resolve the issues that seems to be happening with Chromium based browsers.

Or you could try using Firefox or DuckDuck or Opera instead.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

Can't like posts at the moment but still watching - gl

Glad you're still with me, mate. :yep:

Had a few ups and downs but the girls are doing alright so far.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Try the equivalent of right clicking the like button,

ROFL - No way that should work, but alas it does. Every forum I use seems awkward at the moment. I do use Chrome.

• Like 2

Was down at the polytunnel this evening. The girls are 73 days old, and all have started to flower - at last! They're looking healthy and all being well, a month or so from now will be harvest day.

Auto Bubblelicious

large.IMG_20230615_185457_031.jpeglarge.IMG_20230615_185508_083.jpeg

Micron Auto Tao

large.IMG_20230615_185519_563.jpeglarge.IMG_20230615_185551_201.jpeg

• Like 13

Lavender starting to flower too - perfect :)

You might want to consider clearing away things that aren't growing in the polytunnel. Underneath that sack they'll be snails so take it out and get some 'air' space. 

Might also be an idea to get the pretty girls outside and have a good look at them - cut away old and unnecessary leaves and check for pests.

Is it the angle or is the near plant more Sativa dominant than the other...

GL

• Like 2

@Machiavellian, yeah next visit I'm going to clear the place out a bit. Rain forecast from Saturday, so slug pellets will be refreshed too, and I'll look at controlling humidity where I can.. 

Are you talking about the Micron Auto Tao? The Auto Bubblelicious are near identical to each other, but yeah the shorter Micron seems a bit more Sativa leaning. She's put on a sudden growth spurt too, which is welcome. Pity I lost three MAT (two to the slime brigade), was hoping for a male but no joy...

What you can't see in those pics is the stem thickness - the Auto Bubblelicious in particular are getting like small trees now. Such a change from the thin, willowy girls that stretched by the window in April...

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

Went by the polytunnel yesterday evening, gave the girls some tomato feed. They are all in the early flower stretch phase, some impressive progress in just a few days. No slime brigade attacks yet, despite the downpour on Sunday night. I'm keeping the slug pellets topped up though... After taking these pics I rearranged the plants to give them a bit more space, as humidity will be going up over the next few weeks by the looks of it.

large.IMG_20230619_205852_398.jpeglarge.IMG_20230619_205903_049.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the polytunnel yesterday evening to check on the girls, give them a feed and sort out the greenhouse a bit. The ladies are doing amazingly well, they've really come on over the last week or so. They're nearly three months old now, and buds are filling out nicely. 

Took some pics, but some not great because I only had a 14 year old Sony Ericsson cameraphone with me. Some are not bad though, hope it gives an impression of the girls. I rearranged everything after taking these, as some of my tomato plants are now (finally) flowering so they were moved to final positions. Also the girls are getting big, I spread them about the place a bit for better air circulation. 

Auto Bubblelicious

large.DSC04615.jpeglarge.DSC04616.jpeglarge.DSC04620.jpeg

Micron Auto Tao, clearly showing two different phenos: one indica dominant, one sativa.

large.DSC04619.jpeglarge.DSC04621.jpeg

• Like 8

Was at the polytunnel again yesterday. As I noticed the humidity creeping up last visit, I took @brock1's advice a laid cat litter on the floor. Put polythene then some gravel on top of that beforehand. Humidity dropped by 10% straight away! :yep: Took the opportunity to tidy the greenhouse and take some better snaps of the girls. Here they are, in full flower. I'm now noticing two distinct phenos in the Auto Bubblelicious too, the differences becoming more stark in bloom. Not as extreme as the differences in Micron Auto Tao, that's like two different strains...

large.IMG_20230701_194639_649.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194652_142.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194705_245.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194718_701.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194726_529.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194748_762.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194756_936.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194804_844.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194813_962.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194821_596.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194852_606.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194900_918.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_194951_125.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_195000_243.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_195015_389.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_195021_047.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_195029_564.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_202830_572.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_202843_842.jpeglarge.IMG_20230701_202848_340.jpeg

• Like 7

Those auto Bubbles look good mate :wub:        Look to be quite content and getting into their swing now :yep:        Hope its smooth sailing til the finish line mate

Its not often i get green eyed over another mans grow ,  but thos Bubbles have got me hankering for some Bubble lol    

Been a long time since i played with them.       Think some Bubble fems are def overdue a run next year.     

• Like 2

@OldFord yeah the AB are doing well so far. Hardly any smell off either of them either. :yep: Fingers crossed I'll keep on top of humidity and ventilation this season...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crow River said:

@OldFord yeah the AB are doing well so far. Hardly any smell off either of them either. :yep: Fingers crossed I'll keep on top of humidity and ventilation this season...

That cat litter trick looks like a superb idea! 

• Like 2