Fem Subbies

Military Grade

On 27/03/2022 at 11:34 AM, Cajafiesta said:

I sent in some freebies ( not many.  It was something like 15 packs of 3 seeds, I think?)  that *should be* fems.  I didn't test them, hence being sent in as freebies and not sub beans.  

I've grown and smoked one since I sent them in.  It's a pretty decent stone.  The one plant I grew and smoked, you could definitely tell there was landrace sativa in it.  It was a pretty "up" almost jittery, spastic feeling high.    "Pluff Mud" is what I called it.  I haven't seen anyone grow them yet.  I assumed no one cared, or no one was willing to risk it for something untested with a strain name they had never heard of. ( this is the reality, unfortunately.  In my opinion anyway.  I believe people aren't going to take a chance on a name they've never heard of.  Such is human nature, i suppose.)  I'm putting three more "Pluff Mud" outside in a week or so.  I'll have a better idea for how reliable they are once that is completed.  I have about 500 more seeds that I'd happily send in as subs once I have a better idea for how they're going to be and I trust them to be Fem seeds.  They should be, but that *should be* shit will get you.  I need to know they is be, for sure.   

I also have a really killer smelling Indian Bubblegum plant in flower right now that's backed up. It wouldn't be a ton of extra effort to self a cutting of that plant, if I decide it's worth it once smoked.  It's unquestionably worth it with regards to smell and resin production, but that part doesn't matter at all if the high isn't much to talk about. 

I don't mind selfing plants at all, but I'm not gonna go through the trouble if there isn't a good deal of interest in it. 

I can definitely see how fems would be a worthwhile addition.  There are a lot of different reasons people may want fem beans.  Lots of different types of growers.  I know people that dont give a shit about learning about growing, they just want to make free weed.  That's great. Some folks may only have space for one plant.  That's cool, too. Then I know people who's primary concern is NOT making free weed ( that's people like me) but more learning the process, using scientific method to attempt and put patterns of cause/effect together to truly try and understand what's going on.  That's cool too.  

I'm happy to make some fem beans over the next couple months, if there's real, genuine interest in using them.  It would be a bit of a bummer, though, to go through the effort of it and no one gives a fuck.  If that's the case, I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing, sifting through regs in hopes of finding good plants to build a living library for future use. 

E2A:  It occurs to me that I have two plants that might make a cool fem/fem hybrid.  The previously mentioned Indiana Bubblegum plant ( this one smells like Cantaloupe.  It's wild!) and another FDM Bubblegum mystery cross that smells like "purple."  Purple candy is the best I can do to describe it.  Maybe slightly artificial grape?  It was a good high.  Pretty clear headed until you overdo it and then it's night night.  That might be a cool Bubblegum/Mystery Bubblegum cross.  I'm a little unsure about the likely genetic results from a reversed female to reversed female cross, If I were to do it that way.  I'd probably self the top of each plant, let them both make pollen, and pollenate each other.  My brain tells me, done that way, there will likely be a lot of inconsistency in the results from seed to seed, but I kinda like that. 

Ok mate i would be intrested in females i new to growing dont understand all the in and outs yet plus the name or strain doesnt bother me more about getting grows under my belt plus thats why i havent subbied up yet once i understand the plants and the breeding part i will be doing it myself could do with some journals about breeding especialy pics paint by numbers kind of thing so keep up the good work mate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok mate i would be intrested in females i new to growing dont understand all the in and outs yet plus the name or strain doesnt bother me more about getting grows under my belt plus thats why i havent subbied up yet once i understand the plants and the breeding part i will be doing it myself could do with some journals about breeding especialy pics paint by numbers kind of thing so keep up the good work mate

If you wait until you understand it to do it, you will likely never do it. 

learn by doing, in my opinion. Do it, fuck it up, figure out how/why you fucked it up and mitigate that issue next time. Keep doing this until you really have a handle on what’s going on .

I don’t know much of anything other than what I’ve learned so far. Every time I try something I learn more. I just think about it for a bit, do it and see what happens. If I mess it up, I think about why, ask here why and don’t make that mistake again. 

It ain’t brain surgery. There aren’t any real, dire consequences to making a mistake. 

Someone’s sig here (can’t remember who...? Sorry about that) says something like 

You don’t have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. 

I think that applies here. 

Jump in with both feet. You can mess a dope plant up pretty bad and it will still make smokable dope. Bad weed turns into pretty good weed when it’s free :yep:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

If you wait until you understand it to do it, you will likely never do it. 

learn by doing, in my opinion. Do it, fuck it up, figure out how/why you fucked it up and mitigate that issue next time. Keep doing this until you really have a handle on what’s going on .

I don’t know much of anything other than what I’ve learned so far. Every time I try something I learn more. I just think about it for a bit, do it and see what happens. If I mess it up, I think about why, ask here why and don’t make that mistake again. 

It ain’t brain surgery. There aren’t any real, dire consequences to making a mistake. 

Someone’s sig here (can’t remember who...? Sorry about that) says something like 

You don’t have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. 

I think that applies here. 

Jump in with both feet. You can mess a dope plant up pretty bad and it will still make smokable dope. Bad weed turns into pretty good weed when it’s free :yep:

Ye your right mate and i will just need to get a handle on the basics 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

@Baron von greenback  put a seed in dirt. Give it 18 or 12 hours of light and water. 

That’s all it takes, buddy. 

Best of Luck.

For crying out loud i have messed right up. I give my plants 24hr light :unsure: ho well good job we don't go witch hunting :pitchfork: but seriously I don't believe theirs a wrong way to grow only different ways :smokin:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, brock1 said:

For crying out loud i have messed right up. I give my plants 24hr light :unsure: ho well good job we don't go witch hunting :pitchfork: but seriously I don't believe theirs a wrong way to grow only different ways :smokin:

Bunch of different ways to skin a cat. Agreed on different ways. My comment was just a vague, generalized statement. :yep:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

@Baron von greenback  put a seed in dirt. Give it 18 or 12 hours of light and water. 

That’s all it takes, buddy. 

Best of Luck.

No mate @Cajafiesta i got loads of plants growing in soil and and a iws system i was talking about breeding not just growing but i am new to that as well fucked up loads of times so advice on breeding like your doing female seeds that would be good mate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron von greenback said:

No mate @Cajafiesta i got loads of plants growing in soil and and a iws system i was talking about breeding not just growing but i am new to that as well fucked up loads of times so advice on breeding like your doing female seeds that would be good mate 

Spray them with STS and hope for the best. That’s what I’m doing. Test them after the seeds are made. Look for Amarillo Slim’s STS guide here 

I’m currently on an after hours emergency call for work so I cannot look for it. I will try to find it for you in the morning

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

My tip for making female seeds. Start flowering you P1 2 weeks before the female you intend to pollentate and spray STS as soon as you know its a female. 

Just incase you didn't know P1= parent plant 1 usually the pollen donner plant. The seeded plant is P2.

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

My tip for making female seeds. Start flowering you P1 2 weeks before the female you intend to pollentate and spray STS as soon as you know its a female. 

Just incase you didn't know P1= parent plant 1 usually the pollen donner plant. The seeded plant is P2.

Ok mate cheers for the abreviation cause i wont have known do you need to keep these far away from the rest of growing plants is it easy to spread around and pollinate your other plants thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok mate cheers for the abreviation cause i wont have known do you need to keep these far away from the rest of growing plants is it easy to spread around and pollinate your other plants thanks

For someone just starting i would say yes its best to keep the plant on its own. As you gain experience you can STS a single arm that can be removed and places in a glass of water to collect the pollen. Also plant's that are being pollented are best removed for 48hr then spayed with water to stop any unwanted pottenation to other plants in your grow space. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brock1 said:

For someone just starting i would say yes its best to keep the plant on its own. As you gain experience you can STS a single arm that can be removed and places in a glass of water to collect the pollen. Also plant's that are being pollented are best removed for 48hr then spayed with water to stop any unwanted pottenation to other plants in your grow space. 

Ok mate thanks might have to pick your brain a bit 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Just checking in to see if there are any update on any of the projects?

Another few weeks and I will have some fem seeds to harvest. I think this time I am just sending them with new names though. I see people are using the SHD x BlackBerry gum to breed in other forums and just calling them BlackBerry gum auto's :rofl: not to sound cunty but blackberry gum auto is a 3-4 generation hybrid. The Short hazey day's is over 2 decades of breeding and it dosent get a mention :fart:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 6

large.Resizer_16533165891631.jpeglarge.Resizer_16533165895933.jpegFor Example these seeds being made are SHD / blackberry gum x SHD x Auto Ultimate. Once harvested they are simply called BSM auto. 

So what would be a acceptable number of female seeds to send as subbies? Clearly your going to get more regular seeds. I think last time I sent packs of 18 fems but that number just seems a bit high. Lots of people didn't get to try them were if the seed number was smaller like the breeder packs they would of been a lot more happy growers trying them. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 11