BHO vs QWISO

dingo bingo

18 hours ago, KC said:

Legalised recreational use? What country are you in @Graywolf

I thought it was only Malta where its legal (in Europe) 

Oregon, USA.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

@latigid aikon 

ohhhh.  Good interpretation of context clues. 

@Graywolf were on the same side of the pond, it would appear. 

Good to be us, no?  What part of this side are you at?

Just now, Graywolf said:

Good to be us, no?  What part of this side are you at?

Southeast. Not legal here, unfortunately. But access to domestic shipping for beans is still a nice deal. It reduces the customs anxiety.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:27 AM, Cajafiesta said:

Southeast. Not legal here, unfortunately. But access to domestic shipping for beans is still a nice deal. It reduces the customs anxiety.

Any legalization movements underway?

Edited by Graywolf

On 3/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, Graywolf said:

Oregon, USA.  

I just got back from there.... if only i knew, I could have asked for a couple of recommendations. Was disappointed in the quality (flowers) in the dispensaries.

Ah well, no issue, continue with the homegrown :skin_up::yep:      :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chairman O The Bored said:

I just got back from there.... if only i knew, I could have asked for a couple of recommendations. Was disappointed in the quality (flowers) in the dispensaries.

Ah well, no issue, continue with the homegrown :skin_up::yep:      :)

Yeah, quality level varies, even with regulation.  Overall, the quality of bud in the dispensaries is better than what was typically available before legalization. but a lot of new people jumped in for the money and it takes a while to shake them out.  Which dispensaries did you try?

I'm almost out of C-99/NL homegrown and may be checking out the local dispensaries myself before this year's crop is ready.  Last time I looked there was a panoply of choices, most with names I've never heard of. 

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Graywolf said:

Yeah, quality level varies, even with regulation.  Overall, the quality of bud in the dispensaries is better than what was typically available before legalization. but a lot of new people jumped in for the money and it takes a while to shake them out.  Which dispensaries did you try?

I'm almost out of C-99/NL homegrown and may be checking out the local dispensaries myself before this year's crop is ready.  Last time I looked there was a panoply of choices, most with names I've never heard of. 

The trip was to meet family, so only got to jump into 2 when i got some "me" time! Oregrow in Cannon Beach, stunning scenery... I got the Tangie which was nice and flavourful and the Runtz which was rough in my Tinymight. Then Chalice in downtown Portland, scenery somewhat less harmonious, where the Monkey Bread was quite nice, but again all 3 were quite rough on even a low temp. Maybe excess P in the finished product, maybe not cured long enough... the dude in Chalice was really nice, i got a veteran's discount i can only assume for my service in many an Amsterdam coffee shop over the last 4 decades!

large.6245c238255dc_flowerORmar22.jpglarge.6245c236be6f6_chalicefarmsreceipt.jpg

Edited by Chairman O The Bored
SP
  • Like 1

I haven't tried anything from Chalice Farms dispensary or any of the different farms listed on the labels that I'm aware of but have noticed dispensary cannabis in general is less aromatic and suspect the big difference is speed of drying and lack of aging in jars. 

I personally remove the fan leaves and hang my limbs until the small twigs snap and then destem and jar the buds without trimming for final drying and aging.  I suspect most of the stuff sold in dispensaries was hung until dry enough to trim in an automatic trimmer and then shuttled off to market like this year's table wine.

Looks like you were downtown, so you saw first-hand the sad state of affairs there.  Usually that is the up-scale high rent district, but with so many empty buildings it is now the cheaper rent.  Not the same Portland that I moved to in 1965 and a heart break to watch decline............... 

Edited by Graywolf

I was genuinely shocked..... a shame that a minority have riden the back of a movement to create such havoc, and then having the whole pandemic layed on top....Oi

I absolutely loved the whole region though, reminded me so much of Scotland at times.

Beautiful, peaceful, great food.... a great place for a smoke, UK420 members should all pay a visit!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, Chairman O The Bored said:

I was genuinely shocked..... a shame that a minority have riden the back of a movement to create such havoc, and then having the whole pandemic layed on top....Oi

I absolutely loved the whole region though, reminded me so much of Scotland at times.

Beautiful, peaceful, great food.... a great place for a smoke, UK420 members should all pay a visit!

All reasons that I moved here and stayed in 1965.................   The mountains, the sparkling rivers and valleys, as well as the deserts and beaches, with a temperate climate where violent weather like tornadoes are rare.  Portland sits in the valley and west hills where the Willamette river meets the Columbia, with snow capped Mt Hood, Mt Adams, and Mt St Helens in the background and is lush and green, so aptly named "City of Roses".

Alas, nice places with temperate climates attract more homeless along with the working folks, a disproportionate number of which are addicts and/or looney tunes. 

More addiction means more drug gangs shooting at each other and everyone has to support their needs and habits somehow and there is more criminal activity in general.  Burglaries, catalytic converter thefts, and drilled gas tanks are rampant    

As you noticed, the homeless are a messy lot and many parts of our city have become dump sites.  I feel fortunate to not live in an area where any of those issues have become an issue other than property crime but have packages delivered to a PO Box due to porch pirates, and never leave anything outside or in our cars, which have been broken into multiple times, including in our driveway and have had visitors bikes stolen within minutes of parking them out front.   

So far speaking softly, having a burglar alarm, and carrying a big German Shepherd has kept interlopers out of our house and faces strolling through the hood.  

• Like 1

i will be back.... regardless

I have to hope the will of the majority will ensure the tents are removed from the streets, and the people given the help they need to address the issues they have. That the stores aren't all boarded up and covered in crass graffiti.

but, i'll be back for sure.

• Like 1