BHO vs QWISO

dingo bingo

5 hours ago, Superstealth said:

If you want the best quality oil to vape then rosin press will give you the best flavour but isn't exactly practical unless you have a huge press or a considerable amount of free time to make it fresh every day or 2, for me this was 2 much of a pain in the arse

Huge press not needed imo. Some of the off the shelf machines, e.g. dab press are very compact.

Build your own tends to be bulkier.

Takes me a few hours to press 20 g of rosin that lasts me a few weeks. Much less hassle and safer than bho or qwiso ime.

large.IMG_6401.JPGAgreed, no solvents no problems or hazards. Try sifting the flower first if you don’t like the need of bubble bags, then press into rosin. Pressed sift is super clean and you will yield the most rosin. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

a cheap hair straightener is a good “dip your toes into a rosin press” experiment

+1 you only get a couple dabs at a time but its hands down above and beyond any iso/bho I've ever tried. 

19 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Got link to the review mate? 

Sorry mindsoup. It was in another forum.

It's a good pen for the money. If you don't already have a mod and batteries and charger then it's almost a no brainer.

I much prefer mod based atomisers (DT v5 is excellent for the money and decent TC) but a pen has its place. Very stealthy and if you loose it break it then no tears.

Just bear in mind that any coil based atomiser is, imo, not as tasty as a bucket, primarily as you can't clean it as well. But apparently they are coming out with a bucket for the CK so ....

@M Pamplemousse yeah I've heard good things about the dtv5, get a lot of good reviews, personally I just want something super small and stealth for toking on dancefloors and smoking areas etc and the CK looks like it will be nice and durable and the bonus of being able to flip it upside down and run it though a 10mm rig means I can get away with one device, for all my electronic dabing needs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

??? Can you clarify what you mean. I find rosin the tastiest of concentrates excepting live. It seems by saying 'even' that in general it is not tasty...

What I mean 

with Some herb...rosin doesn't taste very good depending on how it was grown and how good it is and how old the herb is before you squish it......

Heat brings out all parts of the plant ,,,fats lipids ...etc

where cold only brings out certain things.

I can get good amounts of rosin off of certain plants that tastes like shit......

drying is part of it as well.

Some plants that Id think would taste great,,,,,actually don't.

.and the rosin isn't sappy  

. Nice gold color  and tacky...

first, second squish and diamonds made from same herb

large.resize.jpg.e701b2f6d531627071d250d

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Just had a quick look for the dab press - it seems to be only available (shipped from) outside the UK so I'm not keen if I have to pay import taxes etc post brexit.

Stumbled upon devil press (.co.uk) while searching, they don't look as good but are cheaper too - anyone had experience with them?

Making a press is cheaper by far..

The plates and electronics come pre wired now a day and all ya have to do is add a press and ....I used a 20 ton jack..

I had a freind make me up a small press at his shop...I added the rest,

There is a thread by Arthur Mix  on how to make one..

large.copy4.jpg.181f32f13cc039b2521bfd5c

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gb1 said:

There is a thread by Arthur Mix  on how to make one..

Just scroll up to the previous post for the link ;)lol

Atb

:yinyang:

2 hours ago, gb1 said:

What I mean 

Ok thanks for the reply. I thought you were implying that only occasionally is rosin tasty. I agree with your sentiments, esp wrt the actual grow and dry.

Nice diamonds. Never made that.

Edited by M Pamplemousse

1 hour ago, dingo bingo said:

Stumbled upon devil press (.co.uk) while searching, they don't look as good but are cheaper too - anyone had experience with them?

Yeah, dab press never seem to be in stock. Gravita is another one. But I would build your own if you are committed to concentrate. I was unsure and it's a fair chunk of change, kit to make it, kit to consume it etc. But I've not regretted a penny. 50% of my consumption is now concentrate. If I could make just live rosin that would increase.

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Did you have a look at this thread below?

Atb

:yinyang:

I hadn't seen that but will check it out now, thank you!

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

Yeah, dab press never seem to be in stock. Gravita is another one. But I would build your own if you are committed to concentrate. I was unsure and it's a fair chunk of change, kit to make it, kit to consume it etc. But I've not regretted a penny. 50% of my consumption is now concentrate. If I could make just live rosin that would increase.

I'll do some presses with hair straighteners first to make sure it's right for me. What's the difference between rosin and live rosin?

• Like 1

@dingo bingo

Live rosin. You take the freshly cut herb and then wash. The live bubble is then pressed providing a different taste profile to the dried herb version.

Generally rosin is made from the dried herb pressed directly.

• Like 1