BHO vs QWISO

dingo bingo

Good luck, I find the concentrates mess with my lungs compared to relaxed dry herb vaping on the Mighty plus. 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth—

regarding rosin press- you don’t HAVE TO buy or build a press. All you’re accomplishing is applying specific heat and pressure to flower.  It could EASILY be accomplished by visiting a local scrap yard and purchasing some small scraps of relatively heavy steel plate. I’d be looking for something that was at least 1cm thick, but 2-3cm would be even better. You could soak them in your home oven at whatever temp you desire for an hour or so and then use a bench vise or c clamps to squeeze the lates together with the flower inside. 

The end result is no different than a rosin press that was manufactured and sold on the retail market. The pressure exertion from a hydraulic bottle Jack *can be* pretty intense for the size of the tool, but I’m confident that you don’t need 5 tons of force to extract goo out of flower. 

This approach would be a bit finicky, you’d definitely need a vise or clamps and some really good heat resistant gloves (welding gloves), but the overall cost could be minimal to find out if it’s something you like and want to invest in “proper” equipment.   You’d just need to make sure the opposing surfaces of the plates were fairly flat (in the machinist-term sense) and clean. 

very inexpensive and not difficult at all.  I’ll likely end up doing this at some point. 

• Like 3

@Cajafiesta i was pressing a bearing into the hub on my van the other day and thinking about how the bearing press was essentially a rosin press. It even came with these 2 big 30mm thick plates that I could chuck in the oven or whatever. I'm might have to get some parchment and some bags and give it a go. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

@Cajafiesta i was pressing a bearing into the hub on my van the other day and thinking about how the bearing press was essentially a rosin press. It even came with these 2 big 30mm thick plates that I could chuck in the oven or whatever. I'm might have to get some parchment and some bags and give it a go. 

There is absolutely no reason it shouldn’t work. You’re just swapping a heating element for heated plates. Same same. If they’re heavy enough you might even get multiple presses between heats 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B-real said:

My new toy of fleabay

600lb pressure 

large.20220316_142952_compress24.jpg

Got about 20% return off 8.6 grams strawberry amnesia. 

Got 1.6 grams rosin

I like this cause the “press” appears to be nothing more than a set of wide jaw welders Vise Grip pliers with aluminum

plates affixed to the jaws. What’s the going rate on one of those units?

e2a Ive never tracked rate of return but it seems like 20% return is pretty good, yeah?  I’d be happy with that. It works out in the financial sense. Actually, that works out better than even, in the “dollars” sense. In my part of the world 2g of wax is worth way more than 8g of flower. Must be a good, sticky strain?

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

I like this cause the “press” appears to be nothing more than a set of wide jaw welders Vise Grip pliers with aluminum

plates affixed to the jaws. What’s the going rate on one of those units?

I think without looking 92 squids .

There are some on those direct chinese ali sites for probz 50 but then u add postage and a wait for delivery.

This was here in 3 days.

Cheap tho less than a ton.

:bong:

Just now, B-real said:

I think without looking 92 squids .

There are some on those direct chinese ali sites for probz 50 but then u add postage and a wait for delivery.

This was here in 3 days.

Cheap tho less than a ton.

:bong:

Man that is a screaming deal in my opinion. That works out to something like 120 or $130 US or somewhere around there. That’s absolutely worth it at that price. Gonna have to look and see if they are available in the US. I can’t do anything with the 240 V model

• Like 1

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

Man that is a screaming deal in my opinion. That works out to something like 120 or $130 US or somewhere around there. That’s absolutely worth it at that price. Gonna have to look and see if they are available in the US. I can’t do anything with the 240 V model

I think they did a 110 version on one of the ali sites theres a option 220 or 110 .

Atb bro 

@B-real I had no idea China had got ahold of the concept and were making shitty, cheap ones. Perfect!

They're all over the rainforest site in the US.  Average is around $140 and they look as well made, or maybe even slightly better, than the model you've gotten.  

I'm gonna pick one up.  It's worth the $140us to me to have one around for funsies.  I'm starting to feel the need to give my lungs a break. It's getting the the point where I can smoke 3.5G of "fairly decent" flower in a night, and that's not so easy on the ol' wind bags. 

Now I gotta look into these vape deals I've seen some UK folks using.  They look like a metal one hitter, but there's a chamber that you can just heat with a torch.  Apparently they make an audible "click" when they're hot enough.  I dunno what they are or who makes them, but I'm very intrigued. 

Rosin press and the little metal clicky-torch-vape-one hitter-whateverthefuckitscalled deal sounds like a killer, convenient setup.  

I hate the gadgets and shit required for dabbing extracts, but I love getting clobber-fucked on any and all extracts. This might be a great, convenient, cheap (relatively speaking) setup to look at.  Thanks for the clue-in to the Chinese presses! 

Party on, Wayne. 

Dynavap's are awesome but the chamber only holds about 0.1g - more than enough for me but I'm a total light weight- if your body is used to 3.5g you might find the reloading a chore