BHO vs QWISO

dingo bingo

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh you're talking about using rosin in the dynavap - in that case ignore everything I said apart from dynavap's are awesome

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

It's getting the the point where I can smoke 3.5G of "fairly decent" flower in a night

Are you mixing with tobacco? It seems a lot if you're not.

8 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

@B-real I had no idea China had got ahold of the concept and were making shitty, cheap ones. Perfect!

They're all over the rainforest site in the US.  Average is around $140 and they look as well made, or maybe even slightly better, than the model you've gotten.  

I'm gonna pick one up.  It's worth the $140us to me to have one around for funsies.  I'm starting to feel the need to give my lungs a break. It's getting the the point where I can smoke 3.5G of "fairly decent" flower in a night, and that's not so easy on the ol' wind bags. 

Now I gotta look into these vape deals I've seen some UK folks using.  They look like a metal one hitter, but there's a chamber that you can just heat with a torch.  Apparently they make an audible "click" when they're hot enough.  I dunno what they are or who makes them, but I'm very intrigued. 

Rosin press and the little metal clicky-torch-vape-one hitter-whateverthefuckitscalled deal sounds like a killer, convenient setup.  

I hate the gadgets and shit required for dabbing extracts, but I love getting clobber-fucked on any and all extracts. This might be a great, convenient, cheap (relatively speaking) setup to look at.  Thanks for the clue-in to the Chinese presses! 

Party on, Wayne. 

Check out Humboldt sai atomizer thats with a vape mod for clean hits without torch. Regulated temps each time.

Pico from eleaf with sai good combo

6 hours ago, KC said:

Are you mixing with tobacco? It seems a lot if you're not.

Nope. That’s not a common thing in the US. I’ve never met a stoner here that mixes their weed with tobacco. 

There’s no doubt that’s a lot, but it’s not what I’d consider impossible. More or less, a 1g joint every two hours or so over the course of 6 hours. If it goes down like this, the weed isn’t great. That’s why I said “fairly good.”   Probably 6/10 weed. I won’t make it that far with stuff that’s a head buster 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

Nope. That’s not a common thing in the US. I’ve never met a stoner here that mixes their weed with tobacco. 

There’s no doubt that’s a lot, but it’s not what I’d consider impossible. More or less, a 1g joint every two hours or so over the course of 6 hours. If it goes down like this, the weed isn’t great. That’s why I said “fairly good.”   Probably 6/10 weed. I won’t make it that far with stuff that’s a head buster 

I prolly smoke a gram pure spliff but then vape the rest of the day. Hard to kick the habit of smoking completely. 

@B-real Yeah, the issue with me is that I really like smoking. hah!   I'm not a cigarette smoker, as a consistent habit, but I really enjoy the ritual of smoking joints after work.  Real smoke feels different in your mouth and lungs, the sensation of drawing smoke through a joint is different than vaping.  It tastes different. In my opinion it gives me the best presentation of what the weed tastes, smells etc. I judge every new strain I come across in the exact same way.   Roughly one gram joint, always rolled with the same rolling machine I modified to create a large diameter joint, Element papers, Raw Cotton foldable tips.  The same every single time, so that the only variable is the flower itself.  It's my "reference point" so to speak. 

I've been through probably...5 different vaporizers and they all work great.  ( the Arizer Extreme Q is a killer table top, bag unit.  Pretty inexpensive) but I just really like the ritual of SMOKING.  The spark of the lighter, the sound of the joint lighting. The feel of real smoke.   And I'm really ( to a fault) adamant that I do what I want when I want.  And if I want to start the weed journey for the day, I want it the moment I decide I want it.  I hate waiting on shit to charge, heat up etc.   I just bought a dynavap M in hopes that it would "feel" a little closer to the ritual of actually smoking.  I get to engage with it (snap!), I get to use a lighter, maybe it'll be more like smoking than holding a battery pack in my hand, mashing buttons on a LCD display.

But I really should give my lugs some sort of break.  It seems like the research regarding correlation of lung cancer and smoking cannabis isn't really available, but common sense has to dictate that inhalation of smoke, at all, is bad.  I don't think anyone would debate that. 

Man I love to combust it, though. Me and joints, we get along good. 

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 3

On 26/03/2022 at 7:54 AM, B-real said:

Hard to kick the habit of smoking completely

I tried to smoke a joint after 4 days of vaping, I just couldn't do it. I was only trying to be sociable as my mate had come around so I thought i'd smoke with him but I couldn't get past a few tokes. It made me want to puke. I suppose I'm lucky really lol 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KC said:

I tried to smoke a joint after 4 days of vaping, I just couldn't do it. I was only trying to be sociable as my mate had come around so I thought i'd smoke with him but I couldn't get past a few tokes. It made me want to puke. I suppose I'm lucky really lol 

I must quit i did vape soley for a few months but regresssed back to spliffing.

Once i get a concentrates vape i.e sai or a honey stick type device i think i will be able to have a better chance.

Atb

I gave up smoking cannabis when my lungs rebelled.  I currently mostly vaporize cannabis concentrates using a PID controlled electric nail at 450C and am smiling from a couple dabs of Sour Cookies live resin, extracted using the subzero BHO process.  I vaporize various other concentrates, usually BHO "Sauce" (dirty diamonds), BHO CRC, or QWET.  Now that we have legalized adult recreational use, the choices have grown.  

I've recently started experimenting again with vaporizing raw plant material at lower temperatures and use a Stortz & Bickel Mighty portable with a mixture of ground bud and CRC concentrate, using their small aluminum cannisters to contain it.   

Those same aluminum cannisters fit perfectly in the opening of the V-1 KO Domeless Nail in my electric dap pipe, allowing me to run mixed loads there as well.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-5-formulation-and-application/9-5-9-yet-another-way-to-vape-without-using-e-pen-carts

I typically find plant vaporizers harsh but find that at 350F the Mighty doesn't get harsh until most of the target elements are gone, and recently experimented with a Stortz & Bickel Volcano at temperatures low enough to eliminate the cough, while still delivering the target terpenes and cannabinoids.  I just ordered one of my own to continue those experiments.  

To those of you aware of my early pioneering work in ethanol and closed loop BHO extraction, my complete circle may seem odd, but consider that my early work was focused on extracting cannabis concentrates for medical purposes, usually high doses orally, while this conversation has been primarily focused on inhalation.

If it is just the flavor and effect you seek, consider low temperature vaporization of the herb itself.

Consider also that with high dosage over time you lose the ability to experience a cannabis euphoric high, while retaining some of the less desirable side effects, like loss of short-term memory.

• Like 12

Just now, KC said:

What country are you in @Graywolf

All the clues you need are there:

4 hours ago, Graywolf said:

vaporize

350F

flavor

lol

• Like 8

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

ohhhh.  Good interpretation of context clues. 

Somehow I missed the most obvious one lol

6 hours ago, Graywolf said:

legalized

• Like 3