Wappa 5 weeks 12/12

budbomb

@budbomb Nice grow. Looks like you will be busy trimming soon. I’ve got two blue kush berry from paradise in flower. Hopefully they will put on weight like yours have!! 

• Like 1

Ay up @Thai Stick yh m8 they're in a 1.2 by 1.2 tent. I'm not sure how long the colas are I'll check for you later when lights come on. 

I've suffered budrot before.  I've checked em all n they deffo haven't got budrot. I buggered the top leaves up by too much light or heat or maybe a nute problem. I'm not too bothered by that now as it hasn't affected the buds n they're so far along now I'll just let em carry on. The leaves get chopped off at the end init so they should be fine. I can't see the buds being really long thou cos the plants are only 75cm and 73cm tall and I've removed all the lower crap off the bottom 3rd of the plants. I agree with ya pictures can be deceiving m8 depending on which angles you take em from but they are beautiful lil plants...

@Potprincess I'd be very interested too know how your girls turn out cos the run after next 1 I'll give the blue kush berry a try n see how they go. the yield wouldn't really bother me that much as long as the quality is there in the high n taste is quite important too me aswell. I'd rather have less yield and a beautiful smoke rather than have big yields like ya get off big bud but the smoke is crap. With quality you av too smoke less so happy days..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, budbomb said:

@Potprincess I'd be very interested too know how your girls turn out cos the run after next 1 I'll give the blue kush berry a try n see how they go. the yield wouldn't really bother me that much as long as the quality is there in the high n taste is quite important too me aswell. I'd rather have less yield and a beautiful smoke rather than have big yields like ya get off big bud but the smoke is crap. With quality you av too smoke less so happy days..

So far they’ve been pretty good considering newbie mistakes! They’re about twenty four days in of 12/12 and the smell is just creeping in day by day! Once harvested and dried, will do a smoke report, not that it’ll be as detailed as some lol  

• Like 1

Haha bless ya. Dont worry about it being too detailed mucka just smell n taste n how the high is will be just fine.. ano wot you mean thou I've seen smoke reports like wine tasters lol n they detect all different smells n tastes. I'm more 9f an it tastes like weed smokes well n gets ya twatted kind of person  lol. Good luck o really hope they do fab for you..

Got a few pics just before lights come on because the hps really affects the camera on my phone so you can't see em that well with lights on...

@Thai Stick no m8 they're not quite that fat. They are solid as fcuk thou n nearly 3 weeks left they've still got time too get fatter ( fingers crossed ) . But even so for 2 plants that have  had basic ( too say the least ) care from me I'm liking the way they have turned out. If only I had 4 of them I'd be jumping for joy m8. I've measured the colas and they are 25cm in height so not massive but they'll more than do for me lol ..

Hahaha that made me chuckle that lol yh they're a bit fatter than a red bull can m8. I'm still giggling at that lol

Edited by budbomb
  • Like 1

What is everyone's views on defoliation? I probably spelt that wrong lol. I've taken a few leaves off that were covering buds to get the light too them . But I've seen ppl go in with a baseball bat n take leaves off. Is it worth doing? I've never done that as a technique but I have seen some good results by doing that. I've seen some shit results too so not sure about doing it..any advice from growers who do use that technique would be very welcome.. 

2 hours ago, budbomb said:

What is everyone's views on defoliation? I probably spelt that wrong lol. I've taken a few leaves off that were covering buds to get the light too them . But I've seen ppl go in with a baseball bat n take leaves off. Is it worth doing? I've never done that as a technique but I have seen some good results by doing that. I've seen some shit results too so not sure about doing it..any advice from growers who do use that technique would be very welcome.. 

Nice plants, they look good mate and on the home stretch!

This is something you will need to decide for yourself, many do, many don't. Many have arguments for and many against, I would have a bit of a read around as there are threads about (many!)which debates both sides as i say and the science behind it. I think really if you have sufficient airflow in and around the plant and humidity is pretty low, then it would always be better to leave them on otherwise the plant would shed them itself as and when not needed. If higher humidity and lack of air through the buds, then i would yes 100% but short of trialling yourself its personal preference and needs must. I have done both and still do but I tend to take leaves only really when I need to or depending on what i want to gain.

ATB and good luck with the harvest :yinyang:

• Like 1