Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

20 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

@stummer get one rigged up mate, you'll not look back.

Deffo wanna try it as I notice the difference depending on the weather. Summer it’s a cunt and to go through all those weeks n not be happy sod that. Winter I’ve been over the moon with some stuff I’ve grown. Plus I’m my own worse critic but one or two from here also was impressed. I would happily fork out for one of those Cannatrols tbh if it was a bigger size. Expensive don’t get me wrong but I’d swallow it. Anyway gonna crack on with one these wine coolers and see how it gets on.

• Like 2

Fuck the cannatrol mate they're a total rip off. 

It's dead easy to get one together just follow the guides on this thread. I'll probably do another one at some stage, until then I'll try and stagger the grows a bit. 

I'm keen for one of these wine coolers but not for humidity purpose, just to keep my winter grown buds at a cool 12-16C locked in a heat sealed GroveBag. Anyone out there use just a straight wine cooler for storage?

• Like 1

I have changed to only growing autumn / winter season indoors, as you can be sure of controlling temperature and humidity of both flowering and curing. It may be a bit more expensive because of heating, but as you say, if you get a shit dry and cure you've wasted your time anyway.

My mid-spring and early autumn cures haven't worked as well as the winter in the curing fridge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slippy One said:

I'm keen for one of these wine coolers but not for humidity purpose, just to keep my winter grown buds at a cool 12-16C locked in a heat sealed GroveBag. Anyone out there use just a straight wine cooler for storage?

It does that too.  You can keep the humidity around the bag regulated too and - despite what the adverts claim of the the bags - I have read the makers saying the bags are best kept at ~20C and 58%-62% once filled.

I guess the less work the bag has to do the better.  Saying that, I stored cheese in a grove bag in the shed for a year and it was perfect when I opened it :)

4 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I stored cheese in a grove bag in the shed for a year and it was perfect when I opened it :)

What kind?

Atb

🍭

• Haha 1

My under-stairs cupboard is around 20C in the summer so I'm thinking that's probably good enough for the 62% GroveBags. :yep:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

What kind?

Atb

🍭

Rokster's Cheddar #1 - a kind of 'Exodus Clone' but from seed.

I would love to have said Gorgonzola, but 't'would be a lie.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

If that's all your wanting it for you can just use a conventional fridge with a temperature controller. The thermoelectric part is only necessary for drying purposes and they're a lot more expensive and harder to find. 

• Like 2

@Slippy One are the grove bags any good? I've never used them but was thinking for long term storage. I take it you don't want to be opening and closing them too often?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hazeytones said:

@Slippy One are the grove bags any good? I've never used them but was thinking for long term storage. I take it you don't want to be opening and closing them too often?

Heat sealed I feel like they equal the best Kilners, but with the advantage of optimal humidity equilibrium if stored in a suitable atmosphere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

If that's all your wanting it for you can just use a conventional fridge with a temperature controller. The thermoelectric part is only necessary for drying purposes and they're a lot more expensive and harder to find. 

Though, to be fair, if Groves work at their optimum when in a suitably homeostatic environment, it may be worth it.

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

it may be worth it.

What may be worth it? Sorry I'm blazed.

@MidgeSmithI'll maybe just stick with my jars until the price of scrap glass goes up and I'll have a fortune to spend on grove bags lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1