Athena Nutrients

gtrvxr

Last November I spoke to the rep I asked as follows “ As I understand the powders are more aimed at auto dosing systems is this correct , how would it be for hand watering as a hobby grower ?”  The answer I received was “ As long as you mix the powders into concentrates properly before you use them it’s perfectly fine , I use 100l tanks , who said it’s only for auto dose systems ?”  

• Like 3

So.....Just taking the bloom formula and core together for one second.

when mixed together correctly 2EC would give you very very roughly in ppm 180 N , 200 Ca, 110 P, 400 K, Mg 60 ?

Or am I way off....I am pretty stoned :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

If you mess with the 0.6 to 1 ratio its gonna throw out Cal to Mag....still could probably benefit from a touch of epsom just to set the ratio golden ?

• Like 1

Just now, zen-ken said:

180 N , 200 Ca, 110 P, 400 K, Mg 60 ?

That's a pretty high ppm for P, K and Mg. I think even in compost that you can achieve pretty optimal end result with as low as 60ppm of P 200ppm K and only 40ppm mg. But this is early days in my research... And I'm stoned lol

• Like 3

Just now, Oldbear said:

That's a pretty high ppm for P, K and Mg. I think even in compost that you can achieve pretty optimal end result with as low as 60ppm of P 200ppm K and only 40ppm mg. But this is early days in my research... And I'm stoned lol

Im not sure I've done the maths right....let me get that hydro buddy down and Ill work it out lol 

• Like 2

Had a Dosatron at out old record factory it was for adding chemicals to the cooling tower that cooled the water to form the press vinyl . Also had one for the water softening plant that was used for the steam generator . They always needed a close eye on them  wasn’t exactly set and forget back then , air locks etc

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 4

watched one of them athena guys saying its more aimed at the proffesional grower the other day he said you can manipulate the plants requirement thru the various stages of development using the core and a and b

I'm glad the proffesionals are here now

• Like 3

This lot is way over my head.  I'm not even sure what the desired outcome here is tbh.  Are people unhappy with a particular set of nutes, or is it just nutes in general?

They all seem pretty good to me, except mills.  Fucking hate Mills (apart from C4, s'all right). 

Just now, 4kali said:

watched one of them athena guys saying its more aimed at the proffesional grower the other day he said you can manipulate the plants requirement thru the various stages of development using the core and a and b

I'm glad the proffesionals are here now

Its for monkeys in factories so you don't have to teach them how to mix and feed properly lol :rofl: 

Or people like me that don't know any better and like spending money on pointless crap :wallbash:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

Calcium nitrate instead of Calcium oxides is that what your asking ?

Isn't most sources of calcium, calcium nitrate? 

The part A tub of gold label dry ferts is just calcium nitrate at like 400% markup lol

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 6

Just now, fatboy77 said:

This lot is way over my head.  I'm not even sure what the desired outcome here is tbh.  Are people unhappy with a particular set of nutes, or is it just nutes in general?

They all seem pretty good to me, except mills.  Fucking hate Mills (apart from C4, s'all right). 

Im just looking for a stable nutrient line that can give me a rough idea of PPMs.....Be nice to have a better understanding of my feeding.

I just feel a lot of bottled nutes are not delivering what they should be and this constant 'whats wrong with my plant' is not always environmental as most anal home growers have a good environmental control now.

And im stoned and waiting to change the water lol 

• Like 5

Just now, zen-ken said:

the water lol 

I think this is most people's problem if I'm honest.  If everyone on this site was growing with the same water, you wouldn't see half as many 'what's wrong with my plants' threads. 

Zen-ken have you had yours analysed? 

Edited by fatboy77