Athena Nutrients

gtrvxr

On 13/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, gtrvxr said:

Quick update everyone....

Whats happening ?

I did find some straight replacements for some of there line to bring to price down.

:yinyang:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

Do you work for Athena, only 21 posts and your “super impressed with this epic product that beats every other nute you’ve used, and you’ve used them all”. “It’s insane I know 3.0ec”.

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

Whats happening ?

I did find some straight replacements for some of there line to bring to price down.

:yinyang:

I’m not sure replacement products are his thing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Do you work for Athena, only 21 posts and your “super impressed with this epic product that beats every other nute you’ve used, and you’ve used them all”. “It’s insane I know 3.0ec”.

I’m not sure replacement products are his thing.

No photos either :g:not that this has happened b4 or anything lollol 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just been given the whole range of this stupidly pricey snake powders to run and try by a shop owner and tbh I’m not sure if I wanna try it even tho it’s free looking at the feed chart he said go on the heavy schedule but even the lighter ones I’m thinking are stupid. Might jog it onto a friend just in case it goes tits up 

TS

• Like 3

wish my growshop would give me some of the powdered line that is,  there's a couple of things I like about the line, with one major thing being stated on the label

that's the game changer for me, along with what looks to be super simple to use and not your usual 20 bottles, Im itching to try it, just wish it came in smaller tubs for the hobby grower and not designed for donation systems

• Like 1

im a cynical old scrote, and im willing to be proved wrong, ....................but .........................this nutrient line, fed at 3.6 ec or whatever.  Whats to be gained, in the real world.

Why would you, when your shelling out shitloads for nutrients, when you can get perfectly acceptable, decent yeild at 1.2ec.

also note no pics and no mention of what drowning them in feed does to the end product.

i cant see it improving taste, terps, flavours etc, but like i said, im a cynical old cnunt.

Also wondering why everyone isnt using it?

im smelling something..........

• Like 9

I think the ones using those silly high ec ratios are in very controlled environment's ,crop steering etc etc

if you look around there's people using it at much lower ec inputs

what you smelling mate you got me intrigued

• Like 3

Maybe my smelling something comment was a bit too far.......but like i said, im cynical. yes, well imo, if the environments very well controlled and all aspects of the grow are at thier optimum, (ie. crop steering) why would you need to be feeding super high concentrations of nutrients?

its not very easy to prove that nutrient A or B or C, or whatever make/brand is causing the buds to be so large/dense/heavy etc, as the environment dictates the end result, much more than the stupid high ec does.

im a great believer in getting the correct environment and the rest will follow. i guess im just not a great believer in feeding hugely high ec being beneficial for the plants, but can see that optimum transpiration, and the short saturation times of these (mostly) hydroton/ flood n  drain systems etc will allow greater tolerance of higher feeds, i just dont see it as being the biggest element.

id also like to see some tangible proof that its "better", thats proper tangible, not instagram photoshop tangible, but i guess without actually smoking some of this super buds its impossible, hey?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 4kali said:

wish my growshop would give me some of the powdered line that is,  there's a couple of things I like about the line, with one major thing being stated on the label

that's the game changer for me, along with what looks to be super simple to use and not your usual 20 bottles, Im itching to try it, just wish it came in smaller tubs for the hobby grower and not designed for donation systems

Ulterior motive 4kali I shop for my mate who spends a lot the last part of the convo was make sure your friend tries it too lollol so says it all don’t it

TS

• Like 1

Im with @badbillybobon his one. There is no way pumping that much extra feed into a plant is going to increase the taste or quality. It may make the buds larger but it’s like steroids on a body builder. Actually doing the work creates strong muscles pumping them full of shit just makes balloons. Having the right set up and the right nutes available at the right time and the plant will grow well.

if people really are just growing for themselves like they say then how much weed do you actually need to grow.

id rather have better quality than higher quantity. I’m just trying a few nute brands at the minute to find one to settle on. I’m using remo now and that seems decent. I bought the supercharged kit. No real difference in size with the extra shit either though. Velokelp and molasses specifically seem a bit of a nonsense.

grow/bloom/some kind of micro nutrient supplement and a pk booster for mid flower and that’s all you really need. Others will say just grow and bloom but I do see magnesium deficiency in my plants if I hold them in veg for about 7 weeks or grow autos but when I use the right micro nutrient I don’t need a separate calmag.

I do want to try the green house seeds dry powder nutrients though. Specifically the bio range as that looks such little hassle. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 2

@Whatwentwrong

I agree about the high ec input mate

but what works for most of us here in a tiny tent doesn't compare to how the top end are doing it, like I said they could always be ran lower concentration?

I myself am looking to use powdered

nutes hence my interest in the thread

• Like 3

Just now, 4kali said:

@Whatwentwrong

I agree about the high ec input mate

but what works for most of us here in a tiny tent doesn't compare to how the top end are doing it, like I said they could always be ran lower concentration?

I myself am looking to use powdered

nutes hence my interest in the thread

green house seeds have started a new line of powders then. Some one application only at the start of veg and bloom and some that are added to water each feed like liquid

• Like 1

funny thing is 20 odd years ago when I first started visiting the grow shops this new feed came out called canna 

I remember seeing that shiny stickered new bottle and thinking this must be amazing designed specifically for weed

wrong

I remember going back to shop and saying somethings not right with it, 

the gow shop lads used to look at me like I was stupid.

not knowing themselves back then the nutes were designed for hollands particular water type which is hard so they never accounted  for the calcium a nnd magnesium ratios, when I explained this to them all them years ago they looked at me like I was fuckin stupid.

but low and behold couple of years later they the nutrient companies were all at it bringing nutes out for universal hard and soft water nutrients

times have moved on again in my opinion with all this new led tech only a matter of time before the nute profiles all change again to accommodate this

guess you got to know what your looking for when you read the label or what you'd like to see more of in the nute profile

sorry 4k waffling shit again

• Like 9