oldtimer1

Joolz

I been following since the OverGrow days and I never knew what he looked like lol

Thanks Joolz

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Joolz said:

Two years passed and always in our thoughts, miss you my friend 😢

I was only thinking about him on my way to work this morning, still gutted.

RIP Ot1, missed every single day. 

• Like 12

A sorely missed, rare treasure indeed.

Thoughts with friends and loved ones.

RIP OT1 ☮️

• Like 9

Glad I got the opportunity to interact with him on a personal level, gutted I never got to meet him in person. 

hope I get to smoke and/or grow some of his gifts to us all again at some point in the future. 

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 9

I have huge respect for ot1's want for helping grow folk the way he did, and for helping to keep the lights on here  for so many years, he could have easily started a seedbank and made a lot of money from the game over the years but it wasn't about that for ot1, as far as I could tell anyway, he just wanted folk to grow weed and help  keep a place active  where people could learn to do exactly that, no agenda, no ego, no fake persona, he's a rare breed in any game these days.

Not enough of his work being shared with  the community, which is a shame.

Rest well man ✌️ 

• Like 11

Nice to be able to put a face to the legendary name

• Like 10

Aye well!! As some may note it’s a wee while since I’ve visited this airt, and over past couple months or so been catching up here and there, winding up here and there and this evening in a bath as ever, I’ve just discovered this sad, sad (not so) news. There is nothing really worth adding to all that hasn’t been said, so I’ll add something worth adding:

@oldtimer1

“ma tha thu an àiteigin, biodh e na àite sìthe agus soillseachaidh”. 
Peace, Luv, Nuff Sed.

Edited by NotGoingGoa
As ever! I can’t type worth a shite on a phone
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Aye well!! As some may note it’s a wee while since I’ve visited this airt, and over past couple months or so been catching up here and there, winding up here and there and this evening in a bath as ever, I’ve just discovered this sad, sad (not so) news. There is nothing really worth adding to all that hasn’t been said, so I’ll add something worth adding:

@oldtimer1

“ma tha thu an àiteigin, biodh e na àite sìthe agus soillseachaidh”. 
Peace, Luv, Nuff Sed.

Beautiful wishes,  well said!

• Like 5

I would like to say it is sad news when someone passes, but in life we all know we must go at sometime , mine has been brought to light more over the last 25 years having been well gone a few times and brought back and then the cancer of late ,but i think what we should remember is that the person lives on in the knowledge and wisdom and also in the personality of the person we knew .

I would like to say i asked a few question of oldtimer and read many of the posts over the years and i think he would be looking down saying ok you lazy lot get them seeds in that soil .

R.I.P 

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly new here so it's easy to forget how long this board and community has been on the go! It's pretty special to see such a tight knit group of people that all seem to care for one another over this shared passion in all things cannabis related. It truly is something special. 

Oldtimer1 obviously meant a great deal to this community with the giant outpouring of posts from him wishing him well after his stroke to your heartfelt condolences after his passing. He must have been a true OG around these parts.

Going through this post and seeing everyone come together makes me want to hang around on these boards for a while lot longer going forward. If anything, I wish I had found out about this board years ago instead of waiting this long to really get serious about this hobby. 

Regardless, I'm glad I'm here to be part of this special community. You must have been a OG @oldtimer1

Much love everyone!

• Like 11