oldtimer1

Joolz

large.IMG_22042022_154327_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

Today we bid farewell to one of our mightiest oaks. An oak that weathered many storms, withstood many long dry summers and many cold harsh winters. His roots ran deep, his boughs were resilient and his rugged trunk stood immovably strong. The acorns he carried, nourished and gave shade to, have themselves grown into a new generation of oaks, some just saplings, others, already venerable trees in their own right...

"The oak is considered a cosmic storehouse of wisdom embodied in its towering strength. It grows slowly, but surely at its own rate. Oak is often associated with honor, nobility, and wisdom as well thanks to its size and longetivity."

To me Oldtimer1 was the human embodiment of an oak tree. A storehouse of wisdom, vast in stature, honorable, noble yet at the same time incredibly humble. He never sought acclaim or accolades. He slowly but surely walked his own path, doing his own thing for his own reasons. He was generous with his time and knowledge. Spending himself in the arena of educating others about our sacred plant.

large.IMG_22042022_154355_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

As I sit beneath this mighty oak, my thoughts turn to another. My mind is drawn to a single question: "How can I be more like him?"

Today we smoke in honor of his legacy and to celebrate his life. As he embarks on his final journey, our thoughts are with his loved ones and those who knew him in life. May they take solace in the knowledge that his loss is felt by us all. We will share in their unknowable grief in our own small way.

large.IMG_22042022_154408_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Rest in peace Oldtimer1, may your memory and legacy live on forever. This one is for you...

large.IMG_22042022_154426_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

• Like 46

RIP oldtimer1 thank you for everything you did for us all, and more personally thank you for what you did for me, if it wasn't enough my chosen path in life so far had been directly influenced by you, you gifted me the path into my future also. 

You will be sorely missed, farewell. 

• Like 34

@NezA well said mate.

Oldtimer, from the depths of my heart, i thank you for all you have done and given to our community. My thoughts are with your family and friends.

I’ve spent the last 20 mins typing and deleting as nothing I can say is adequate enough to express the loss we have all experienced.

May your legacy live on….

:skin_up:

• Like 20

RIP oldtimer., thinking of you as I roll up this pickled onion smelling smilexsmile subby seeds I've just trimmed

• Like 17

Being more of an IG man since leaving this forum years ago, it was the passing of old timer 1 and a certain mod that lead me back hear, after listening to the podcast with golden syrup made me realise more about the man and his history. 

I owe this forum everything I can in return for the knowledge and wisdom you installed in all of us through grower,  to grower. 

It's sad that it took a story on IG to realise his send of was today, I always had a picture in my mind of him, but let me leave him in my mind as a unseen unicorn of the canna community and his spirit inside every single grow room on this forum.

I'm going to pop your old time's seeds today in honour of your every being and hope you smile down on your creations from the big garden in the sky 

RIP kind sir x

Uncle Flawless 

Edited by Unc Flawless
  • Like 21