Lemon Drizzle

MindSoup

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Multiple strains will add a bit of complication, mainly different stretch rates and different nutrient requirements, but personally for me its worth it for the benefit of having some variety. I build a tolerance pretty quick if I'm smoking the same weed for an extended period, whereas with a few different strains to pick and choose from I get through less weed and get more high, win win. @DeltaMelter did a multi strain RGSC grow, definitely a good one for you to have a look through,if you click on the tag there, it will take you to his profile, click the content button and you can look through all the old posts/threads. 

Awesome mate cheers will have a look. I know what you mean with keeping the tolerance in check and who doesn’t like a bit of variety. Ideally I’d like to have a few different strains with sometime daytime and some nighty night strains. 

Just now, Gaijin said:

@Jams67 not yet mate :( House move still in progress. But I will be attempting a multi strain grow first up, simply because if I’m going to fill up jars for the first time in 20+ years, I want more than one strain in the jars :D I like a challenge 

Ah sound mate, good luck with the move bud:yep: The thought of filling those jars is exciting, I was over in Spain recently and joined one of the cannabis clubs, it was nice to have access to all the jars full of goodness. Wish we had something similar over here, one day maybe!

• Like 2

@Jams67 Multi strain grows are OK imho if you choose:

1. Cultivars that have the same flower time (if you have a speperate drying space this isn't so important)

2. Cultivars that have a similar structure/height - topped vs LST

3. Cultivars you have grown before! or better still - clones

If you have a couple of plants that are short you can just put another pot underneath them and raise them up, if you have one thats getting too tall then "supercrop" and bend the tops over.

I'm just starting a new flower run now with a mix of Holy Grail Kush clones (2 Phenos) and Disco Biscuit and they are very different plants so I have topped the Kushes but left the Disco Biscuits untopped as they dont stretch so much. Growing from seed would make this a bit unpredictable though so just do your research and match some strains together. Growing from seed you will get more variety but if you can take clones you might find something you like so much that you want a tent full of it!

If you want a strong daytime smoke then the RGSC Killer Orange S1 is another good pick - my pheno grows short for a Sativa cross so you can match her with night time Indicas and she packs a punch wiith lovely bright nuclear green buds like little orange candy rocks.

• Like 3

@DeltaMelter cheers for that mate, great info much appreciated. I started to read your grow diary that was recommended by @MindSouplast night but was quite late on so will get back into it today at some point. 

The other strain will either be kushty or affidaze so hopefully pretty similar, I can use separate drying spaces if needed will knock something up when I get home:yep:

• Like 3

Sounds like a plan @Jams67 that diary of mine now covers 2 grows so by page eight you are on to a Disco Biscuit tent full :)

I will probably start a new diary for the next run though as it might be strain specific

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Exile420 said:

You wanna see how big they get outdoors 

Lord’a mercy Exile your a beast !

Nice 1. Got plenty of beans left of it but wasn’t planning to run it outdoors. Thought it would finish too late. See RGSC got a fast version of it.. would be the better one for outdoors. Did you get it over the line ? True monster. I could tell it would get big. It grows strong 

• Like 2

Just now, Erbman T said:

Lord’a mercy Exile your a beast !

Nice 1. Got plenty of beans left of it but wasn’t planning to run it outdoors. Thought it would finish too late. See RGSC got a fast version of it.. would be the better one for outdoors. Did you get it over the line ? True monster. I could tell it would get big. It grows strong 

These are the Fast versions mate, I think k they were October to be ready, stretch is 3 fold easily..

Didn't manage to get much as the spot got ripped

• Like 1

Soz to hear them got ripped 

I just imagine how you do your thing. Dotting monstrous trees throughout the land.. 

Peeps must get a shock if they find them. 

The Lemon Drizzle bud is nice. Not had much cure but smelt good when dry even without cure. Was getting a spicey smell from it lastnight as well as the Lemon. Not assessed the high properly but does the work, loaded in crystals 

Yeah strong branches when it grows. Not them floppy ones you get with some strains that need supporting from get go. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

3 fold stretch. I must bear that in mind when I run these in a 2m tent lol 

Yeah he’s right. I grew it in a mixed indoor grow with a load of other strains. It pretty much grew the tallest of the lot. I bend branches etc to try keep height down but even with this it shot up. Have a good one Gaijin. I recon it’s a good strain. Leaf ratio and ‘bag appeal’ all good too

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

Just now, Erbman T said:

Yeah he’s right. I grew it in a mixed indoor grow with a load of other strains. It pretty much grew the tallest of the lot. I bend branches etc to try keep height down but even with this it shot up. Have a good one Gaijin. I recon it’s a good strain. Leaf ratio and ‘bag appeal’ all good too

Cheers mate :D Mine will be mixed too, so it’ll definitely require some bending and tying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaijin said:

bending and tying 

Dunno if you tried em. But I find those ‘plant bend’ clips handy. Been using them alongside other techniques the last couple years and I rate them. Especially during the early stages. All the best

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaijin said:

:shock: 

3 fold stretch. I must bear that in mind when I run these in a 2m tent lol 

No joke mate check my 2020 diary In the rgsc diary. These get wide to, hence why they got lolly popped.. lol

4 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Soz to hear them got ripped 

I just imagine how you do your thing. Dotting monstrous trees throughout the land.. 

Peeps must get a shock if they find them. 

The Lemon Drizzle bud is nice. Not had much cure but smelt good when dry even without cure. Was getting a spicey smell from it lastnight as well as the Lemon. Not assessed the high properly but does the work, loaded in crystals 

Yeah strong branches when it grows. Not them floppy ones you get with some strains that need supporting from get go. 

All good its part of the game, still managed 2nd place in the comps so I was happy aswell as @Ccs141 

I will say couple phenos branches literally fall off as you brush past so you will need a little string..

Yeah Lemon smells and spicy to.. reminds me of some ssh I had awhile back..

Stems get wide as a can of Stella if not wider on some lol

3 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Dunno if you tried em. But I find those ‘plant bend’ clips handy. Been using them alongside other techniques the last couple years and I rate them. Especially during the early stages. All the best

Tent pegs does the job..

large.1549893748501458.jpglarge.1549893749360261.jpglarge.1549541807226555.jpglarge.1549541801094491.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Exile420 said:

Tent pegs does the job.

Yeah bought a few boxes of galvanised pegs for this years outdoor, they even painted green on the top ends ha.

But the bends for me mixed strain indoor’s are good in a different way cause they don’t need anchoring to anything so don’t need strings everywhere and ting (still use a few strings and wires mind as well as a net) 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2