Lemon Drizzle

MindSoup

Bit of a sad end for the bonsai lemon drizzle, she was near enough ready, just a few days to go, when I noticed a withering sugar leaf, luckily the rot was only just setting in. 

• Like 1

Made a little smoke out of some fast dried nugs as a tester and its already pretty nice. Even after being sat next to a heater it still stinks of lemon once you grind it up, not so much with the flavour yet but there's still a bit coming through the harsh/fresh flavour. The high is absolutely 11/10. Comes on strong like an OG, clammy hands and face, straight to the point, and then builds into a more lemon haze very alert but very relaxed, really high but still a clear mind feeling. Definitely a strain I'll be growing again. 

Thanks @panik for the seeds, a true gentleman as always. Top notch genetics sir. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 7

• 4 months later...

Figured I should do a final smoke report as I'm now coming to the bottom of the jar. 

After a good cure the lemon flavour/scent is pretty powerful, very sweet, like a lemon sherbet. The buds are dark green, dense and sticky, leaving a nice tacky resin on your finger tips. The buzz is a great balance between the SLH and the WIFI OG, very satisfying, uplifting but relaxing, no racey/edgey vibes and no couch lock, which is what I hoped to find from a lemon strain. 

I've got about 12 different jars at the moment and this is definitely one the better ones. Its only lasted this long through sheer will power, it wasn't one I wanted to run out of. And that's with a slightly early chop and a reasonably fast dry.  I'm sure it would have been even better if given another week and if humidity had been in check. 

So in conclusion. 

Fast germination

Vigorous plant

Easy to grow 

Big yield 

Great flavour

Very potent

Top quality high 

Grow again 110%

I'll do a proper run of these when I have the space and do them some justice. 

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

@MindSoup Reading this smoke report again, I’m definitely running this first up, with the Purkle and the Killer Orange. Should I worry about how to manage a multi strain grow first time around? lol 

• Like 2

I got a few of these Lemon Drizzle fem seeds free with my recent order from RGS :thumsup: :D :thumsup: 

From what you say,

I may do these sooner than I thought I might've.

I need good daytime medicine too :smoke:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 4

@Gaijin sounds like a good choice mate. 

As for running multiple strains, it's definitely a bit more involved, but I don't find it to difficult, you just to keep a few things in mind. They could have different nutrient requirements so a bit more work when feeding manually and potentially a lot more complicated if you want any sort of automated feeding going on. 

The other big thing is growth rates and stretch. I dare say with RGSC you'll have really good vigorous growth so that shouldn't be an issue, but the stretch difference between the purkle (indi dom) and the killer orange (malawi in the mix) could be quite major, so you might have to raise some plants up to keep the canopy even.

So yeah it could get a bit hectic, but I wouldn't let it stop you.

E2A an idea about the stretch difference that could help. 

If you flip them when they're smaller then they'll end up closer in size (potentially). If you think of stretch as ranging from an extra 50% to and extra 200% of height, then when flowered at 1 foot tall youd have a range of 1.5 feet to 3 feet after. Flower at 2 feet tall you get between 3 and 6 after stretch. Literally an idea I just had, so in practice it might be flawed, but it seems like sound logic. So maybe a sog style would be better than a 3 plant scrog. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

@MindSoup You hit on the two things I could think of that might complicate things: different stretches and different nute requirements.

Adjusting pot heights is going to be tricky, as the heat mats may not arrange themselves to fit what might be needed. I was kinda hoping that "Damn you, get back under that screen again" would keep everything at more or less the same height. I should get some help from the fact that I'll have 3 lights in the tent (2x480s and a 240 PAR+) so hopefully if one strain is a bit more stretchy than the other two, I can adjust the light rather than the height of the pots. Does that make sense? 

As for the feeds, I was brought up with, "You'll eat what's put in front of you, you'll thank Jesus and then me for it, and you'll sit there until it's finished, so help me God". Sprinkle in a few motivational thrashings and nowadays I'll eat fuckin' anything lollollol 

Does that not work for weed? :wassnnme:  

• Like 3

Yeah multiple lights will definitely help, a screen will only help to a point, as you can see with my current grow lol, the stretchiest plant has basically taken over the entire screen, with her sisters all crowded in amongst her branches. I think lots of smaller plants with shorter veg would be a good help. 

As for feeds I'm really the wrong man to ask lol. Lots of people grow a dew strains at once so I bet most of the time you can just make one mix for all, but my knowledge is all about feeding soil and letting the microherd worry about individual plant needs. I can count the times I've used a commercial nutrient solution on one hand and of those times it hasn't usually gone very well lol.

So yeah just go no till is my advice lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gaijin said:

@MindSoup You hit on the two things I could think of that might complicate things: different stretches and different nute requirements.

Adjusting pot heights is going to be tricky, as the heat mats may not arrange themselves to fit what might be needed. I was kinda hoping that "Damn you, get back under that screen again" would keep everything at more or less the same height. I should get some help from the fact that I'll have 3 lights in the tent (2x480s and a 240 PAR+) so hopefully if one strain is a bit more stretchy than the other two, I can adjust the light rather than the height of the pots. Does that make sense? 

As for the feeds, I was brought up with, "You'll eat what's put in front of you, you'll thank Jesus and then me for it, and you'll sit there until it's finished, so help me God". Sprinkle in a few motivational thrashings and nowadays I'll eat fuckin' anything lollollol 

Does that not work for weed? :wassnnme:  

Did mumma raise a big boned boy by any chance? My mums the same i looked like a fat beaver by year 5 lol

49 minutes ago, B-real said:

Did mumma raise a big boned boy by any chance? My mums the same i looked like a fat beaver by year 5 lol

lollol not the picture I usually associate with the term "fat beaver" :naughty::rofl:        

Yeah I was a bit chunky for the first 40-45 years 

• Like 3