Lemon Drizzle

MindSoup

"Rgsc’s Lemon Drizzle is the infamous Super Lemon Haze pheno we have had in house for around 16yrs from back when you could find killer lemon haze pheno’s in Greenhouse seeds, we have had this particular pheno around for years and she is a cash croppers wet dream, we decided to cross her to a lovely specimen of WIFI OG also known as White Fire OG, This strain combines the best features of its parent strains: the sour, earthy, diesel aroma of Fire OG and uplifing sativa lemon hazey pheno’s of the SLH , Lemon Drizzle typically takes 8-9 weeks to flower some pheno’s take on the WIFI parentage an finish up faster than the lemon haze leaning pheno’s but you will not be disappointed with either , with high yields and high resin production the plants are covered in lemonade smelling sticky trichromes , the effects of Lemon Drizzle are good for appetite and nausea with a nice active high that’s good for creativity and makes activities enjoyable .If you have not tried Lemon Drizzle yet you are indeed missing out!"

A little while back @panik was kind enough to send me a free pack of these to grow out in exchange for a bit of documentation. Well I popped a seed and the little lady is coming along well, figured I'd start a post in here for people to follow her progress.  

First off its worth mentioning my slightly unorthodox technique, I run 12/12 from seed, the idea behind that is to crank through as many strains as possible in my little 2x2 so I can come back to the winners when I get more space. So don't expect a monster, quality over quantity shall we say. I grow completely organically, mostly with slow release fertiliser, with occasional helpings of home made Comfrey tea.

Breaking the soil in early July (10thish) she's already starting to flower. In comparison to her room mates she's been a very vigorous plant from the get go, not in a rush to branch out, and is taking her feeds very well.

Some pictures of her so far. 

large.PXL_20210726_120818409_compress56.jpglarge.PXL_20210802_155150543_compress71.jpglarge.PXL_20210810_194818299_compress62.jpglarge.PXL_20210810_194825516_compress11.jpg

I'll update more as she progresses. 

• Like 17

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@MindSoup Brilliant, I just popped one of these in the dirt myself to take a look :) sounds too good to miss

Nice mate, be interesting to see how one does in a more conventional setting. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Few pics from the other day. She's starting to give of some odour now definitely lemon thats for sure. 

large.PXL_20210821_195522899.jpglarge.PXL_20210821_195558560.jpg

• Like 16

@panik Yeah she's a happy little one, and seems to have taken to 12/12 fairly well. I've got a little veg box now so the next one will get a few weeks veg and a chance to fill out a bit more. 

• Like 4

I’ve got a decent sized lemon drizzle about 4 weeks into flower in a 30l pot on my balcony in ecothrive living soil. 

Romping away and stacking up nicely. She got battered by a storm (the balconies looks straight onto the sea) before she started to flower so doesn’t look the prettiest. However on the south coast so she gets a shit load of light. If the weather holds out for another month she’s going to get fat… wish me luck. 

have also got an RGS auto tangle ready to chop and a dfg x Malawi freebie going great too. Will get some pics up before they come down. 

Can’t recommend RGS fast finishers highly enough TBF. Terrific work. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

That looks fantastic sir :yep:        She looks to be fattening up very nicely ,  how is the aroma ?      

I my RGSC auto gelatos & mazars to be very fragrant , a pleasing smell not an overpowering stench.    

Taste wise both are on point ,      I hope she tastes & smells as good as she looks sir  :yep:

• Like 3

Thanks guys, she's growing herself really.   Smell at the moment is lemon chewy sweets/ lemon flavour hollywood chewing gum. Nice bit of smoke for Christmas. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

That sounds smashing and a fine chunky flower already . 

I used to grow a pack of DNA lemon kush or skunk or whatever it was but I'd buy a pack about once a year for a few years just to find the type that isn't easy to clone ,a freaky plant with weak , soft stems and thin leaves but it smelled so lemon like ,sweet lemon . Since then I've been very fond of the terpy flavour of lime in some rosin and  buds too. I've been trying seed hunting the flavour , but the buds when growing might smell of lime ,or even lemon fruit ,just they don't retain that scent so much when dried and cured ,it's only faint . 

All the best anyway and I hope you get lemons !

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 2

Interesting you mention lime @Michael Luchóg, I was just admiring the very strong lime terps on a Serious 6. Pungent lime, not much else too it, maybe a little spicy note or two. 

E2a It's one of a good 20 or so that I've grown out that has this pungent lime aroma. The others have it, but not like this one. Funnily enough it's a runt in the garden that didn't get put out lol it's always the runts that surprise me the most :g:

Edited by HullFeltMashematician
  • Like 2

Lovely looking plants Soup. While GGing is my favourite hobby I still do envy you boys who can do the odd indoor run, I can't quite produce anything like that outside myself. Although knowing me if I had a self sustaining source of top shelf indoor weed I'd be considerably more stoned much more often than I am as a seasonal GGer. First world problems eh! lol 

Atb

• Like 3