Accessible CO2 from sugar beer yeast and bananas (which works)

Strangelove

6 hours ago, Strangelove said:

after 630 umols plant need CO2 to support it

Wrong. Really wrong. If that was the case, no one would've upgraded past a 400w HPS in colder climates like ours.

• Like 8

@LA LUNA, Not since 10 year, i agree, but i have a new hardware as a Hyve 480w LED ramp, and i cannot use it at more than 50% without CO2, so as for a few buck i can build one CO2 system, i have try it, and i dont expected these results.

And as i'm doing a first shot with my cuttings, to identify male and female, i let the 6 female cuttings on the system and finalyze the growing,

Next step with 17 cuttings with selected genetic will be more interesting.

So 'I test' the CO2 system meanwhile.

Edited by Strangelove
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

480w, and i cannot use it at more than 50% without CO2

lol 

• Like 3

The difference between a 400w and 600w lamp are pretty staggering when done right.

This information is telling me that 600w shouldn't make any difference, isn't it? I suppose I don't even know what MY Co2 levels are.

hi @Keye that depend on the level of µmol/M2/s of the two ligth, you have to know it, but i guess a 600w is of course more powerfull than a 400w, but until 560/600 µmol/M2/s you dont need supplemental CO2 the air from outside (here) is @ 440ppm already.

On my side, good news, the electronicals timers as fixed the issue ;)

I reach 1521 ppm CO2 after 10mn injection, wait 35 mn with FAN OFF, then start the FAN empty the box, and start a new cycle of CO2 after 15mn with the FAN OFF

All work fine and as expected,

The main issue i'll think will be the temparture this summer that affect the Yeast and the wort,

i'll contacted a brewing company they gave me some tips. We will saw ; )

All the best to your grow ;).

s.

Edited by Strangelove

@Strangelove you never answered my question earlier.  Hers a link to my diary where I am above the umols you keep saying needs co2 . Please feel free to look through and see that’s not the case.  You can dim your lights ? Or raise them I had a look earlier at the site for them and it’s odd how their Maps are hard to see lol resolution wise .

you are  still Pulling out co2 you have added when the fans back on. Closed rooms for co2 or it’s like Water in a bucket with many many holes. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

Hi @Arthur Mix i will take a look ;), but you can be above the indicated prefered DLI, but that dont want to say that your plant is able to handle it

You need :

1/ the correct amount of ligth

2/ the correct amount of nutriments

3/ the correct amount of CO2

And all basis parameter at top to have your plant doing a perfect photosynthesis and growing +200%

Here is the info i have with max DLI each week, but i cannot post the link to the article do a google seek on DLI and cannabis or µmol and cannabis.

large.DLI-par-semaine.png

Just now, Strangelove said:

Hi @Arthur Mix i will take a look ;), but you can be above the indicated prefered DLI, but that dont want to say that your plant is able to handle it

You need :

1/ the correct amount of ligth

2/ the correct amount of nutriments

3/ the correct amount of CO2

And all basis parameter at top to have your plant doing a perfect photosynthesis and growing +200%

Here is the info i have with max DLI each week, but i cannot post the link to the article do a google seek on DLI and cannabis or µmol and cannabis.

large.DLI-par-semaine.png

point being I don’t do any of that , so why are you?  no one on here with led uses co2 irc . Crack on though but don’t say it’s Needed like you are unless you have done both maybe 

• Like 2

@Arthur Mix Everybody does the job like he want ! I have nothing to sell, i hear a lot of thing on yeast and CO2, i build the project and share the result and tips, that's all.

Edited by Strangelove
  • Like 1

That’s fine but I’m not the one who started a thread that says “it works “ and hasn’t done it yet. A few experienced members , more experienced than me have said you are wrong . If it’s a closed room yes. If not no. That won’t change.   To make claims you need to have real life here not graphs etc.  If it’s an experiment that you have never done you should say that.  Not “ it works “. 

• Like 4