Accessible CO2 from sugar beer yeast and bananas (which works)

Strangelove

perhaps @Arthur Mix, but I've got my level of CO2 @  1500 ppm in a correct zone so by the fact, it work... how many time i'll dont know, but it work.

Kind regards,

Edited by Strangelove

It’s “UP TO” 1500ppm irc so you at the very maximum which may lead to Other issues. I’m sure someone else will correct if I’m wrong. 

its at 1500 at the end on the injection, so he slowly decrease just after the stop, and its just a question of timer adjustement, the electronical is in fact pretty cool, but there is a lot of thing to work on, especially the wort, i will have to adjust yeast and sugar dosage to make it work the more long time possible and even this summer, i've been lucky he worked ; )

Take it easy, its experimental stuff for fun.

Edited by Strangelove

• 2 months later...

No more update #Entropy, enhancement in method, but all still working since 2 month we are @ 1300ppm +/-, but that still a DIY method, anyway i have no other choice at this time, so, i'm happy,

all the best.

Edited by Strangelove
  • Like 1

So for 35/45 minutes of every hour you have your air exchange turned off? How do you control temperature during that time ? 

Each to their own but this all seems a bit complicated to me :headpain:

• Like 2

hi @Resin Coated, in fact now exactly each hour (start @ 19h00) for 9 min Fan are off (both in and out), and CO2 injection goes on, then until 19h40,  fan still off

Then for the rest of the 20mn fan goes on full throttle in Extra and Intra,

Temp are now cool, i mean +/- 26° celcius and 65% HR during the 40mn wait of CO2 injection.

Hope this help, i dont know if i have updated the thread but you need DIGITAL timer to get this work, and you need to really fully mix the wort every day before use.

All the best,

f.

Edited by Strangelove
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

mix the wort every day before use

One thing I do know/understand about all this. If you stir your wort every day your gunna have horrible beer at the end of it. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

What are your temperature and humidity readings before during and after the fans go on and off?

I have an idea that plants do not appreciate sudden changes in any of those, probably differing levels of CO2 in short periods of time either.

The benefit you gain going through this palaver can't be worth it not to mention the danger of bud rot towards end of flower.

• Like 4

Just now, stu914 said:

What are your temperature and humidity readings before during and after the fans go on and off?

I have an idea that plants do not appreciate sudden changes in any of those, probably differing levels of CO2 in short periods of time either.

The benefit you gain going through this palaver can't be worth it not to mention the danger of bud rot towards end of flower.

I have to say I agree with this, turning the fans off and on all day will cause all kinds of fluctuations (not to mention premature failure of equipment) which would be detrimental, maybe even enough to counteract all this C0² stuff. I swear my plants even notice when I open the door. When I'm away for a few days and they're left to it they always seem to grow better. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

I'm inclined to delete this whole thread to be honest.

The subject of DIY co2 supplementation has been done to death both here and on other boards already.

What your suggesting is 

A) unnecessary

B) a waste of time, effort and money.

C) (most importantly) a massive security risk, your advocating people switch off there fans (and with them there filtration) for 40mins out of every hour?

Do you realize what sort of risk that represents to growers in the UK?  Not just from the authorities but from the local balaclava brigades too.  

And that's without going into the potential problems with humidity and bud rot that would entail..

I'm all for freedom of speech and sharing of information/knowledge.

But what your doing and potentially encouraging others to do is at best foolish, and at worse catastrophically stupid.

Luckily I know the vast majority of members here aren't stupid enough to copy you and hopefully any newbies will read this post and heed my warning.

I honestly don't mean any offense to you by saying this, but it really does need to be said. 

Not because I think you will listen but because I hope others will.

Again, no offense.

Regards Dodge

• Like 9

hey guy, every body does like he want, but professional CO2 system goes the same way, but i dont notice any enhancement on the budd at this time,

Its the second session, i'm doing CO2, but at 4 week of flowering the bud are great, any way i grow hindy kush for the second time, and this genetics dont give a lot of flowers.

Any way i'm follwing the 5 cardinals, Oxygen (using chiller), ligth, water, CO2, nutriment. ; ))))))))))))))

its not 'mandatory' but its welcome ; ))))))))))))))

Any guy can say "yes but that youtube vidéo" bla bla bla, ok, great, and ?

Dodgee we are here to discuss, you have your advice, i've mine.

Any any input is welcome as i'm here to learn,

Kind regards,

f.

Edited by Strangelove

delete my dear,  no problem,

and please TO THE FORUM TEAM PLEASE delete my profil too and all my post,

thanks,

Edited by Strangelove

No. In a professional co2 system the system would be closed.

A scrub fan/filter would be running 24/7. Not extracting to atmosphere no, but running continuously to scrub odour.

A humidifier and dehumidifier would be running as would Aircon and heater. 

All of which would be controlled by a controller with sensors that monitored everything and maintained the exact programmed parameters specified.

And THEN co2 supplementation works. 

Without any extra adverse risks.

When it comes to co2 a botch it and scarper method just doesn't work.

As is agreed by thousands of growers in hundreds of threads across dozens of platforms.

Nuff said now.

U crack on :yep:

• Like 7

people have been growing good weed in cupboards and spare rooms on the sly for decades with out all this co2 experiments..

for a percy grow there is just no need, if your in the states and have a facility type warehouse size locked in grow and have money to burn (investors etc) go for it, i mean why not lol 

but for your mostly 10 - 50 plant percy grow, why bother.. 

:yinyang:

• Like 5