Late to the Party - First GG

Tomateo.grower

4 hours ago, B-real said:

Here here well said revive ! i love having all you breddahs about to banter with.

Likewise dude :yep:

• Like 1

With all this hot weather, planning a water run, and maybe a top feed?

How often do you advise should be watering? And especially when it's not rained for last few days. And how many litres of water per plant? 

I've not actually been back since plant out as had a few showers and rainy days. Be exciting to see what's happened!

Cheers.

Edited by Tomateo.grower
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomateo.grower said:

With all this hot weather, planning a water run, and maybe a top feed?

How often do you advise should be watering? And especially when it's not rained for last few days. And how many litres of water per plant? 

I've not actually been back since plant out as had a few showers and rainy days. Be exciting to see what's happened!

Cheers.

If its only a few days you don't really need to worry to much unless you want to feed them with something I wouldn't worry to much.. but when needed about 5/10 ltrs a plant depending how big they are will be fine.. Once again depends on a few factors like soil/medium and how good the water retention is.. poke your finger down a few inches i think you will find after a few days its no issue.  10 days/2 weeks no rain then maybe a cause for concern.. a good drink every so often vmcould never hurt them but if you got to drag containers if water miles across countryside then maybe not so nessaserry.. you should have I nice suprise when you visit.. hope all is well and there looking great :yep:

• Like 3

On 17/07/2021 at 1:31 AM, Revive said:

you should have I nice suprise when you visit.. hope all is well and there looking great :yep:

I sure did!

And thanks for the great advice. Gave that soil a good fingering Monday when I got down there. I forget how long it's been since it rained, must be at least 7 days. Here's how it looked. 

large.ggggf.jpg

Not so worried now if it doesn't rain. Guess must be one of the benefits of clay soil.

Anyway still sorting through my pictures so I'll have an update coming soon.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tomateo.grower said:

I sure did!

And thanks for the great advice. Gave that soil a good fingering Monday when I got down there. I forget how long it's been since it rained, must be at least 7 days. Here's how it looked. 

large.ggggf.jpg

Not so worried now if it doesn't rain. Guess must be one of the benefits of clay soil.

Anyway still sorting through my pictures so I'll have an update coming soon.

Thought so mate.. try not to worry to much..  maybe 10 days/2weeks without a drop they might need your help.. rain is forecast this weekend, well it is for London so that should be just the ticket :yep: yes clay soil does have its benefits this being 1 of them

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

Thought so mate.. try not to worry to much..  maybe 10 days/2weeks without a drop they might need your help.. rain is forecast this weekend, well it is for London so that should be just the ticket :yep: yes clay soil does have its benefits this being 1 of them

Nar not worrying here. Only thing I worry is them being found. And I think got a good stop. Not perfect but pretty good for this area. They all got a drink too so next visit I might just dump water there ready. 

And good luck on your night visit the plot @Revive

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Nar not worrying here. Only thing I worry is them being found. And I think got a good stop. Not perfect but pretty good for this area. They all got a drink too so next visit I might just dump water there ready. 

And good luck on your night visit the plot @Revive

Sweet bro

• Like 1

So all is looking good. A few been munched by something, but hopefully pull through. Also I didn't make enough cages, but doesn't seem to be rabbits luckily. They were planted in 6 rows of 3, trying to alternate them between earlier and later harvest.

large.pf_1_1.jpglarge.mgqqq_1_1_1.jpglarge.opjf_1.jpglarge.mmmgd_1.jpglarge.ddddddd_1.jpglarge.60f8aa5b8f6f8_aaaaaak_1.jpg

• Like 3

Also when I got there some of the holes looked a little sunk, so I had about 5 liters of compost left so filled them up. They stick out a bit now looking back, so next visit will crumble some of the native soil over them to blend in. 

And slug pellets. I added some of these around. Bot too much, as I couldn't see any slime trails bit something mad munched a few plants. They seemed to have all gone for the same strains tho. Which o thought was weird.

A few close ups.

large.pfaaa_1.jpg

Two of these had purple stems, one didn't.

All three where looking good tho.

large.mgagga_1.jpg

This was best looking one.

One had some yellowing to it.

Should have took pic of that one instead.

large.poiuua.jpg

These and had a few leaves nibbled. And slight yellowing.

But apart from that looked well.

large.mghhuf_1_1.jpg

These were nest row and most affected, all three similar in being eaten.

Unsure what's been eating them as not classic snail or slug slime.

large.fffffffff.jpg

These 3 where looking the least healthy.

As can see they looked fed up! But not given up!

large.aaassssiii.jpg

And the 3 autos.

Looks like pre flowers to me. If that's the terminology.

Anyway that's how they all were.

If you've spotted something I haven't , let us know :yep:

• Like 4

So after going down the other day, and seeing the girls, and giving them a good water, the leaves were not looking to great on a few of them, and as I didn't take and FBB with me I thought it best to head back yesterday. I was planning on only going once every two weeks, but think they needed it.

Now obviously this is my first time, so hopefully I haven't used to much. Small palm full, I'm guessing about 40 grams per plant, trying not to get any on the leaves.

I wet the ground first, applied, and watered again.

But what a difference not even a week had made!

Also due rain here soon, and next time I need to remember to take the canes also.

Group piclarge.bosetg.jpg

And there individual shots.

large.ahagag.jpglarge.sbsbshhs.jpglarge.hffffffff.jpglarge.ddddddddddd.jpglarge.ppplllkkhh.jpglarge.hshsbs.jpg

large.hsgshsis.jpg

Auto defo getting pistals now.

Anyway  hopefully the FBB will help. And put more pellets down. Found some signs of slugs or snails. Think I've been lucky tho!

And if you see something I don't. Please let me know.

Cheers

• Like 5

Dfg could do with a heavy nitrogen feed .chicken pellets are good in combination with fbb, i put some in the water bottle give it a shake to break down quicker for a rapid boost .

• 4 weeks later...

large.611f865924a72_(333_1.jpgSo it's been a while right!

Nearly 4 weeks since last visit down the plot.

Knew I needed to go, and had my fingers crossed was all gonna be ok.

Seems be going fine. All had a top feed, didn't bother watering, so have more water stored up there now which is good.

2 of autos are budding up, one not flowering yet. Hope get them two down mid sept.

All the others are just starting of nearly ready to start. Looks like will be late harvest for most of these. Pray for good weather.

Anyway I have some editing to do on the rest of these pics, shame they don't get auto shrunk and that. But will hopefully have them all ready in next 24 hours

• Like 6

@Tomato grower - PowerToys for Windows has a well smart 'toy' to resize photos in bulk. Search for windows powertoys bulk resize photos for a demo - windows powertoys - for the install instructions.

On Linux you would use imagemagick, on MacOS it is built in to Preview. Don't know about on a phone.

Damn it! Wrong at - @Tomateo.grower

@Joolz , @Dodgee - I seem to have 5 or fewer seconds to edit my posts. Using Firefox in Private Browsing mode on Linux, with NoScript, Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin extensions. PM me to save messing up this thread any more than I have!

@Rural Buddha no worries pal. I've got something that works right now. Just takes longer than it really needs too! I'm not the most tech savvy so prob best sticking what I know

• Like 1