Late to the Party - First GG

Tomateo.grower

So been a mad few days, half term always is. Hopefully I'll have a bit more time to keep this updated now.

So as the title says, first GG this year, last year got postponed due to where I was gonna grow. So last year became a garden job. Was quiet a few squeaky bum time moments, so not gonna be doing that again. But on a plus, I learnt most people either don't care or notice, even with an impromptu BBQ, in a small garden, no one either found them or smelt them, that or they kept there mouths shut haha.

But I'd like to thank all the people who helped me out last year, too many to name, but it all really helped me along, you know who you are :yep:

I'm hoping this year I will know a bit more about what I'm doing and learnt from my mistakes. Although it will be completely different!

So I've got lots happening behind the scenes, bit just for now;

Here's the full line up!

large.jhhhh_1_1.jpg

3 x Mighty Gold

3 x Mighty Freeze

3 x DFG

3 x Purple Freeze

3 x OPG x Freeland

I'd love to hear if any of you have grown these and approx time of harvest. Been busy reading diary's, which helped chose these strains too!

• Like 3

So along wit the seeds I've also got and these, all approx (been picking bits up since last year if they been on offer or sale or already had)

150l compost (with peat)

20l potting compost

10l perlite

50l coco

2kg fbb

2kg bonemeal

1kg potash

1kg potato fert

500g mycorr fungi

15m of PVC coated wire mesh

5m Copper tape

Slug pellets

Mini shovel

Geared loopers

Pocket saw

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Slug pellets

Great lil list dude, you pretty much got everything to go to work.. drop those pellets out though dude.. not only do they attract those slimey  little fukers but there bad for the environment.. use your copper tape and make some tin towers to wrap it around:yep:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Revive said:

drop those pellets out though dude.

Im planing on making the towers either from tin cans or plastic bottles. You think it would be safe without the pellets??
12 hours ago, Revive said:

Great lil list dude, you pretty much got everything to go to work.

Cheers. I was going to get some chicken pop pellets, but heard contrasting stories using it. 

Hmmm. Not sure what happened with the quotes then :crybaby:

Anyway the plan is to clear a space for each plant. Approx a meter in diameter, and some extra around them for air flow/ease of access, then dig holes for each plant, keep the top soil,  remove what is under this as I believe it is not the best. Next visit to use a mix of the above, ie Coco, compost, perlite, and mix it with top soil. Put a handful of fbb at bottom, and I a little in the mixed soil, fill it back in and leave till plant out. And to also assemble the cages, drop off the slug collars.

Then hopefully all I will need to do is drop plants off, give them a good drink as dust the with the fungus, and get out quick.

Hope this makes sense.

But bit of good news, plot I was gonna use last year appears to be usable now. So potentially got 2 plots now.

Thinking one spot for earlies, mighty gold and mighty freeze, as think they are early September finishers, the new spot is bigger and better light so keep that for the others as I believe the will be October finish, the dfg, purple freeze, OPG Freeland.

This way can be finished with each plot at different times, harvest them, go back to clean up, and leave no trace.

Any advice gladly taken.

Better get skates on!!!

• Like 2

Get some stakes/canes on the plot for supports later down the line.. yeah copper tape wrapped around tin towers (beer cans) you will be sweet :yep:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Revive said:

Get some stakes/canes on the plot for supports later down the line.. yeah copper tape wrapped around tin towers (beer cans) you will be sweet :yep:

Yes I'd forgotten about canes. Luckily I have some already, but will probably need more, hopefully I should say!

Gonna get them wet tonight I think or in the morning. See how the night plays out 

• Like 2

So beans were soaked for about 20 hours, and now into plastic containers between damp kitchen rolls, And covered in a pillow case to stop any light. Packers in with them so I don't get mixed up with which is what.

This is them last night before I said goodnight to them.

large_hgf.jpg

Guess it's just a waiting game now.

From here they will go into a window propagator, unheated, just one them 4x5 celled ones with the lid.

• Like 1

Mate u should do ok with them mighty golds if i remember right i soaked mine for 24hrs or so in a little shot glass dropped them into little pots of compo and all 6 were up pretty quick.

Think they been out a couple of weeks and some are over 2ft already.

You got plenty of time to grow some decent size plants judging by the growth on mine.

• Like 2

Cheers @murphyblue 

No tap root or anything yet. Just a waiting game for now. Hopefully into compo soon, and either on windowsill or in garden to get max sun. Altho I'd be worried about cooking them in this heat! Last year I only sprayed them with a mister once a day but sure they will dry out faster weather we got right now! And yes seen some of yours they flying now!

• Like 1

Nice line up :yep:   RGS is a new run for me this year too,  from previous growers runs we are in for a decent result :) 

The suns def working its magic as i have seen some decent growth within a wk and long may it continue.         

I will be watching this to see how they take the northern weather and to see how you go,  to be honest i have so many seeds & strains i want to run and more & more new strains keep appearing that i want to try but only doing outdoors means im quite a few seasons behind current trend setter strains but a fridge grow will be appearing soon.   

All the best & keep the pics coming please.    

• Like 4

Cheers @OldFord 

Hope yours goes well too. Im ditching the plastic greenhouse. Lesson learnt lol. Still running the creme caramels if I remember correctly?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Cheers @OldFord 

Hope yours goes well too. Im ditching the plastic greenhouse. Lesson learnt lol. Still running the creme caramels if I remember correctly?

Glad to see you ditched the tent , they are awesome until you get to flowering stage then its way too big a gamble.   

Yeah the CC's , SAD;s , CM's and MR's are all happy doing their own sweet thing :)         

This years nicest plants are Barneys Cookies Kush ... fat, squat , dark and oily with a deep fuel like musk. 

Subbies SHD X BBG  are thriving.      

Im trying a new feeding regime and i got to say its working,  i have never used nutes until this year and im seeing a diff , enough to sway me but will wait until the end of the season to confirm.  More details on the feeding to come in my posts later.    

• Like 1