Late to the Party - First GG

Tomateo.grower

So really I should have got pics of the girls before I cut them down, but after what happened last time I wanted to be in and out asap! Never mind.

Mad how long it takes to get them down, check thru for mold, and box them up. I'm sure there is a better and faster way, but guess you learn the most when you fuck up.

Anyway like i said, got one purple freeze down, and two mighty freeze. 

Also while was there, not sure if this was right thing to do, but while was checking for mold on any of the other plants, was ruthless, like if it looked like got in the side branch, just took it out whole, but kept anything salvageable, that's in a bag I'm gonna label randoms. Not sure what the quality would be like if they are at least 2 weeks off. 

Also I defoliated, mostly the bigger fans, for air flow, for bud sights to get more light, and also so I'm not faffing around so much next time, well that the plan. Like I say, not sure if that's a good idea or not. 

Anyway here's some picslarge.RGS2021notlong_3.jpglarge.RGS2021notlong_4.jpglarge.RGS2021notlong_5.jpglarge.RGS2021notlong_6.jpglarge.RGS2021notlong_7.jpglarge.RGS2021notlong_8.jpg

Tried get some better close ups so when I look back can see where I'm at.

From just looking at them I think it's gonna be least 2 weeks before any more chopping!

So 5 are down, 13 to go, maybe I've bitten more off than i should have.

Still lessons to be learnt from this, and hopefully put them into practice.

Edited by Tomateo.grower
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update before I venture down the plot later. Stuff I had drying been jarred up. All had a nice clean snap , but not having a way to monitor the humidity maybe it's been too quick and fast. I dunno. Either way it's in the bank. I'll be burping them.

They had been cut into smaller parts for ease of transportation.

Been about 2 weeks since Ive been, so hopefully there will be something left there to harvest! And be a good test for the plants, an unintended test, but let's see!

Edited by Tomateo.grower
  • Like 4

Dunno if it's just me, bit does anyone else feel bit sketchy when our walking back with a load of weed on your back?

So got down there yesterday, foots better now but not 100%. Was expecting the worst but actually wasn't to bad all in all.

large.7_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.8_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.9_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.10_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.11_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.12_RGS2021notlong.jpg

So there was some mold. But could been lot worse.

So both the remaining purple frezze have came down,  tops of mighty gold, and any random bits too that looked at risk. 

I know this is quite small compared to some people's plants, but I was there ages tending to them, trimming etc so could fit it all in.

Next visit think we'll be the last, regardless if ready or not. Weathers turning, so either go back in a week or two?

Here's some other pics, not so good looking hahalarge.5_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.1_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.3_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.4_RGS2021notlong.jpglarge.2_RGS2021notlong.jpg

Really I should have got a group shot before and after, but after last few visits was SAS mode, in and out, silent and fast.

So got a shit load now. Still not got a drying set up really, winging it, after having take time off work, next year for a proper set up. Been split into multiple small brown paper bags, pegged to a line in my room. See how it goes.

• Like 8

Yeah it's the most sketchy part of GGing for me, it's a lot of weight to get caught with, the police don't care that its not dry/70% water. Good quality Tupperware is you're friend, that and water sport dry bags.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

water sport dry bags

best thing for transporting :yep:  

I found the thicker ones (more rubbery) last longer than fabric ones..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah it's the most sketchy part of GGing for me, it's a lot of weight to get caught with, the police don't care that its not dry/70% water.

Your right. Tho if feels great making it out safe and unseen!

And yes someone, think it was Murphy, put me on the Tupperware box's idea. Went and bought the lockings ones.

Been putting them into labelled brown bags Frist so know what is what.

These water bags? They they sane as dry sacks for camping? Have one for sleeping bags.

• Like 2

So have decided to roll the dice and not visit this week. And go next week and harvest then instead. Might be pushing my luck but who dares wins and all that!

Hopefully it will pay off.

It will be lower parts of plants left and those who where still about 2 weeks off anyway.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomateo.grower said:

So have decided to roll the dice and not visit this week. And go next week and harvest then instead. Might be pushing my luck but who dares wins and all that!

Hopefully it will pay off.

It will be lower parts of plants left and those who where still about 2 weeks off anyway.

Fingers crossed!

Just having a lil catch up mate.. some pretty girls there dude.. glad to hear its going well for ya, lets hope you get the rest of them over the line..great work :yep:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Revive said:

Just having a lil catch up mate.. some pretty girls there dude.. glad to hear its going well for ya, lets hope you get the rest of them over the line..great work :yep:

Cheers pal. 

Been going good mostly. Few twitchy bum times but I'm safe which is main thing. And not bad for a late plant out, still being a noob at this, and few visits. 

I'm sure with a few tweaks could be much better! Been following everyone's here and you are all smashing it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Cheers pal. A lesson will be learnt whever happens. Plus Ive already got more than managed last year, so yeah. 

Hopefully get it all in, have a month off, then start thinking about next year!

• Like 1

Just now, Tomateo.grower said:

Cheers pal. A lesson will be learnt whever happens. Plus Ive already got more than managed last year, so yeah. 

Hopefully get it all in, have a month off, then start thinking about next year!

You're doing grand mate, and you've got the staying power which is the main thing. Always takes a few seasons to get your head round the game, a lot of people give up to easy to make it that far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MindSoup said:

You're doing grand mate, and you've got the staying power which is the main thing. Always takes a few seasons to get your head round the game, a lot of people give up to easy to make it that far. 

Cheers. Defo still learning a lot! And first year GG just getting something home has been the biggest success. Should be thanking the plants really lol. They've just got on with it and did there thing they were supposed to do. Should thank Rgs too, for getting these plants spot on too, and easy to grow.