Tommy tucker

21 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

Looking good man 

Nice . I saw your getting involved this year. Good lad. Nobody wants to miss out on all the fun do they. lol 

Plot hunting approach

This is good topic I think - I've made some big mistakes when selecting a suitable plots in the past. My attitude now is work smarter and select the right spot from the start .This saves so much effort in the long run. Loads can be said for finding the right plot for a project. Finding the sweet spot is not as easy as it sounds. Trust me. It takes a lot of work both online (via Google maps) and boots on the ground searching. These are the main attributes of what I’m looking for when i selecting a grow site.

• Secure location ( it doesn’t have to be remote) 
  • South facing open space or something similar
  • Soft loamy soil ( stinging nettle patches or something similar) 
  • Water source

The idea is find a plot with the above ^^ so you don’t have to fuck about carrying bags of soil and water. Or even better a plant and leave site. This is a plot with soft loamy soil which you clear in spring, plant out , and leave until harvest. These types of plot require 0% maintenance because you have everything in place to just let mother nature do her thing . Another benefit is that you don’t attract attention to this spot by visiting it all the time plus your not leaving a noticeable path way into the plot

I can’t stress enough, it's really worth investing some decent time into locating a good spot in the winter time where you have all of the above .With a decent plan, Well It can save you so much effort in the long run. Plus a secure well maintained plot can be the gift that keeps giving year after year. These days you're lucky to get 2 or 3 grows out of a grow site because everyone is at it and space on this small island is getting smaller and smaller. 

I’m not going to give you any hints of where to look or what to look for . That’s for you to do by yourself. But, whatever you do, be careful and DON’T BE SEEN ;) Here is great thread that might help?

Plot hunting is a full time job for me, all year round because I actually enjoy it plus its great when you find a pukka spot that nobody has found. Getting out and about after work and on the weekend is great fun. Bring a flask of coffee and some smoke and you’ve got yourself a day out. 

As soon as you do find that sweet spot you can begin planning. Have a think about accessing your plot , where the sun rises and falls , where you are going to stash your tools. Check for deer scat and rabbits or any other animals that might cause problems.  If your new plot has a water source ( you're lucky ) if not,  consider how you might water your plants in a 1 month heatwave ( that would be nice) Outdoor Warrior on YouTube makes a decent water source so maybe check out some of his videos. Winter time is good for bringing in all your kit but stash it well because someone else might find it and this could blow your cover. 

Avoid 

• Obvious or well known grow sites where people visit or kids play
  • Wooded areas 
  • Areas which have bad security 
  • Abandoned building, Railway sites, Riverbanks, Swamps or areas which stay damp or have bad airflow
  • Areas with shit soil , clay etc 
  • North facing plots

Here is an example of what I'm looking for . A small remote space in the middle of the field.

large.20210427_175618.jpg

This what it looks like from above

large.InkedScreenshot_20210427-180319_Maps_LI.jpg

large.InkedScreenshot_20210427-180444_Maps_LI.jpg

Here's what is looks like on the ground 

large.20210427_180517.jpg

large.20210427_180106.jpg

Perfect soil 

large.20210427_180007.jpg

large.20210427_180524.jpg

This spot is a great candidate as it has everything apart from a water source (You can't have everything your way:mellow:) A plot can be located anywhere as long as its not to blatant. One year ,I found a sly plot in my local park 2 metres from the footpath. I grew 10 + monsters that year and i got away it . I looked at the spot recently and some cheeky geezer put 5 plants into the same space so I've meaning to leave a little note for him.

One last thing.... 

You can never have enough grow sites - More plots the better - I always prep another plot just in case ( well as a backup ) Happy hunting.

Edited by Tommy tucker
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Plot hunting approach

This is good topic I think - I've made some big mistakes when selecting a suitable plots in the past. My attitude now is work smarter and select the right spot from the start .This saves so much effort in the long run. Loads can be said for finding the right plot for a project. Finding the sweet spot is not as easy as it sounds. Trust me. It takes a lot of work both online (via Google maps) and boots on the ground searching. These are the main attributes of what I’m looking for when i selecting a grow site.

• Secure location ( it doesn’t have to be remote) 
  • South facing open space or something similar
  • Soft loamy soil ( stinging nettle patches or something similar) 
  • Water source

The idea is find a plot with the above ^^ so you don’t have to fuck about carrying bags of soil and water. Or even better a plant and leave site. This is a plot with soft loamy soil which you clear in spring, plant out , and leave until harvest. These types of plot require 0% maintenance because you have everything in place to just let mother nature do her thing . Another benefit is that you don’t attract attention to this spot by visiting it all the time plus your not leaving a noticeable path way into the plot

I can’t stress enough, it's really worth investing some decent time into locating a good spot in the winter time where you have all of the above .With a decent plan, Well It can save you so much effort in the long run. Plus a secure well maintained plot can be the gift that keeps giving year after year. These days you're lucky to get 2 or 3 grows out of a grow site because everyone is at it and space on this small island is getting smaller and smaller. 

I’m not going to give you any hints of where to look or what to look for . That’s for you to do by yourself. But, whatever you do, be careful and DON’T BE SEEN ;) Here is great thread that might help?

Plot hunting is a full time job for me, all year round because I actually enjoy it plus its great when you find a pukka spot that nobody has found. Getting out and about after work and on the weekend is great fun. Bring a flask of coffee and some smoke and you’ve got yourself a day out. 

As soon as you do find that sweet spot you can begin planning. Have a think about accessing your plot , where the sun rises and falls , where you are going to stash your tools. Check for deer scat and rabbits or any other animals that might cause problems.  If your new plot has a water source ( you're lucky ) if not,  consider how you might water your plants in a 1 month heatwave ( that would be nice) Outdoor Warrior on YouTube makes a decent water source so maybe check out some of his videos. Winter time is good for bringing in all your kit but stash it well because someone else might find it and this could blow your cover. 

Avoid 

• Obvious or well known grow sites where people visit or kids play
  • Wooded areas 
  • Areas which have bad security 
  • Abandoned building, Railway sites, Riverbanks, Swamps or areas which stay damp or have bad airflow
  • Areas with shit soil , clay etc 
  • North facing plots

Here is an example of what I'm looking for . A small remote space in the middle of the field.

large.20210427_175618.jpg

This what it looks like from above

large.InkedScreenshot_20210427-180319_Maps_LI.jpg

large.InkedScreenshot_20210427-180444_Maps_LI.jpg

Here's what is looks like on the ground 

large.20210427_180517.jpg

large.20210427_180106.jpg

Perfect soil 

large.20210427_180007.jpg

large.20210427_180524.jpg

This spot is a great candidate as it has everything apart from a water source (You can't have everything your way:mellow:) A plot can be located anywhere as long as its not to blatant. One year ,I found a sly plot in my local park 2 metres from the footpath. I grew 10 + monsters that year and i got away it . I looked at the spot recently and some cheeky geezer put 5 plants into the same space so I've meaning to leave a little note for him.

One last thing.... 

You can never have enough grow sites - More plots the better - I always prep another plot just in case ( well as a backup ) Happy hunting.

That note should highlight the fact you cultivated that spot and they are growing on your spot. 

And taxes are owed if not napalm will be used to eradicate there plants

Just now, B-real said:

That note should highlight the fact you cultivated that spot and they are growing on your spot. 

And taxes are owed if not napalm will be used to eradicate there plants

Lol. Little fuckers aren't they. I'll let them off but I need to leave a little present for them anyway. 

18 hours ago, Mort said:

All the best to you and thanks :yep:

Thanks for the best wishes 

• Like 1

Germination

I love germination time as it means the season is on its way. I used to germinate my seeds really early but now I leave it until late May at least . This year I'm going try 3 different grow techniques but I'll be germinating my seeds using the same technique. I use following kit

• 12 v electric propagator
  • 1 towel or old rag
  • Takeaway box
  • 4 sheets of kitchen towel 
  • 1 small glass of water
  • 1 pack of RGSeeds

My method is simple and I use the same technique every year. I don't soak them at all because my method works each time. I picked out 40 candidates from the jar. These all look healthy as they’ve stored in fridge all winter .

large.20210506_210728.jpg

I have a heated propagator which I turn on for 1 hour to heat up. I add a glass of cold water and chuck it in this helps to promote condensation in the propagator

large.20210506_211357.jpg

After that I get 4 sheets of kitchen towel and put it into a plastic (usually a clean takeaway) box , damp it with water , add the lid and then back into the propagator with both lids on. Leave this for a few hours and your ready to add the seeds

large.20210506_211903.jpg

Remove a layer of kitchen towel and add the seeds . Add the lid to the takeaway box .As I've got a few spare seeds, I can have a play around . I’ll soe 20 straight into soil in two separate prepared plots. If they grow. Fantastic .If not . Well I’ll just germinate some more :)

large.20210506_211938.jpglarge.20210506_212122.jpglarge.20210506_212203.jpg

Stick it back in the propagator. Wrap the propagator with a towel to keep the heat in. Come back in 3 days time and check the box (You don’t need to add any water) as the double box method keeps the heat and moisture in. Lemon OG and Easy Sats seeds have been germinated  using this method.

The whole idea is to warm up the takeaway box ready for the seeds. This creates a nice damp / warm environment for the seeds. If you're doing multiple batches of seeds - write on the box first so you don’t get your seeds mixed up :) The other 20 I’ll add pea pots and leave them in an outdoor grow box that I brought on site and prepared earlier this year. The rest will get put straight into the ground . Lets hope our evenings get a bit warmer !!  I ‘ll pop these lot and keep them under a light until plant out.

• Like 6

You guys are going like this one . I popped back to an old plot to find this joker had put up a yurt in my plot. Yeah thanks mate lol 

large.20210424_195755.jpg

large.20210424_200941.jpglarge.20210424_200945.jpg

This is why it pays to have a collection of different plots because you never no when a cunt is gonna put up a yurt in your spot just before plant out. Saying that its nice and cosy in the yurt and i might consider getting one for myself.

• Like 12

@Tommy tucker hey mate hope your bearing up ok.. reading that intro just reminded me of how tough you have had it of late..but you are clearly made of stern stuff... really happy to have found this diary as I no a while back you wasn't really on it and its understandable given the curcumstances.. will deffo be pulling up a chair for this..I shall sit here smiling and watch the man at work.. good luck buddy great to see you involved once again :yep:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

You guys are going like this one . I popped back to an old plot to find this joker had put up a yurt in my plot. Yeah thanks mate lol 

large.20210424_195755.jpg

large.20210424_200941.jpglarge.20210424_200945.jpg

This is why it pays to have a collection of different plots because you never no when a cunt is gonna put up a yurt in your spot just before plant out. Saying that its nice and cosy in the yurt and i might consider getting one for myself.

lol wtf.. well I never lol thats funny as fuk mate

• Like 2

@Tommy tucker just finished reading this mate.. I gotta say its really well set out, you must have some time on your hands bud ill say that.. that list of do,s and don't is bang on and I'm sure it will be beneficial for any newbies  comming into this game.. yes lots of it is common sense but a reminder is never a bad thing as we can all get complacent from time to time and sometimes more so as time goes on.. some really top tips comming through too.

Good stuff mate :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

On 29/05/2021 at 5:57 PM, Revive said:

@Tommy tucker hey mate hope your bearing up ok.. reading that intro just reminded me of how tough you have had it of late..but you are clearly made of stern stuff... really happy to have found this diary as I no a while back you wasn't really on it and its understandable given the curcumstances.. will deffo be pulling up a chair for this..I shall sit here smiling and watch the man at work.. good luck buddy great to see you involved once again :yep:

Yeah cheers dude , I'm better now we have some sun and new project on the go. I wasn't to keen come April. Its taken a while to get up and running plus I'm a month behind everyone else.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2021 at 6:11 PM, Revive said:

lol wtf.. well I never lol thats funny as fuk mate

I no , what a cunt .This was the plot that got compromised last year by a drone. It was 50 /50 that i could try again. But that's the final nail in the coffin. At least i got two decent crops from over the years 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 6:20 PM, Revive said:

@Tommy tucker just finished reading this mate.. I gotta say its really well set out, you must have some time on your hands bud ill say that.. that list of do,s and don't is bang on and I'm sure it will be beneficial for any newbies  comming into this game.. yes lots of it is common sense but a reminder is never a bad thing as we can all get complacent from time to time and sometimes more so as time goes on.. some really top tips comming through too.

Good stuff mate :yep:

Yeah I just sat down and started writing it a few weeks back. It strange, I hear from watching all the diaries on You Tube that people seem to be making some really basic mistakes even before they've selected a plot . The guide was a reminder just to try and think ahead in the long term and be tactical.  I was also thinking about adding a section about the Mobile device security and how to set up phone/laptop to be a bit more secure. I'll still thinking about it at the moment.  Did you see this by any chance https://www.complex.com/life/police-identify-drug-dealer-block-of-cheese-photo?utm_campaign=social_widget_share&utm_medium=social&utm_source=link

51 minutes ago, Tommy tucker said:

Yeah cheers dude , I'm better now we have some sun and new project on the go. I wasn't to keen come April. Its taken a while to get up and running plus I'm a month behind everyone else.

Cool bro.. your not a month behind mother nature mate, she late so now is prime id say.. notgot anything in the ground myself yet.. think its gonna be on the weekend mind, running out of headroom in my lil box already.:yep: looking forward to see what you get up to Mr tucker :yinyang:

• Like 1