CANCARD

Sid the Seedkiller

5 hours ago, green_machine said:

Costs haven't been ridiculous yet @growinggold

So far I have had an intial consultation, follow up and prescription from sapphire medical, the total costs for this have been around £450.00. I wanted to do this to have a documented trail to show that I am covered under the current cannbis laws, however, even though they have reduced the costs for medicinal cannabis, long term this is still cost prohibitive for me so it is not something I could continue.

I have also spoken to and instructed a barrister who specilises in Cannabis laws on a public access basis. This has proven to be a little expensive and so far I have spent around another £700 on this.

Of course if this does go to court, costs will quickly increase but we (my wife and I) have discussed this and are prepared for what might happen.

As I said I think I am in a good position to do this, because of my condiiton we don't have children so I have no dependents relying on me, we own our house and I am a researcher and lecturere at a universty and both the head of our department and the HR department know that I use cannabis for medical reasons so if I was busted it should not affect my job.

The eventual goal, when I feel I am as protected as I can be, will be to inform the police about what I am doing and see what happens. Ideally they will charge me and we will then go to court and can argue this out there hopefully clarifying the law for medical patients throughout the UK. However, there is a strong possibility that they might choose not to prosecute, which in its own way would also be a solution to other med users.

It is still early days so we will have to see what happens, but quite frankly I am sick and tired of hiding in the shadows, just for using a medicine that allows me to live a relatively normal life.

greenie

I was very close to trying to get a script privately as I technically have about four or five conditions that are covered, just can't quite afford it right now. It didn't seem that expensive, I mean we're talking £90 for the initial consultation, £90 for a follow up consultation a month later, then £50 for further consultations. 

The medicine itself ranged from £100-£150 for 10g of flower to £300 for oils. This isn't through Project Twenty21.

And yeah that's the thing, there is a monetary value on the freedom this gives people to medicate publically without fear of sanction and also avoiding the potential costs of legal action and impact of having a criminal record.

Edited by soto
  • Like 1

I've been looking into this, does anyone have a list of qualifying conditions? I have sciatica which I use cannabis to treat because codeine completely nocks me out and anti-inflammatories where giving me stomach problems, I also have diagnosed anxiety which I get a pack of diazepam for once in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

I've been looking into this, does anyone have a list of qualifying conditions? I have sciatica which I use cannabis to treat because codeine completely nocks me out and anti-inflammatories where giving me stomach problems, I also have diagnosed anxiety which I get a pack of diazepam for once in a while.

Here you go bud. 

Cancer:
Anxiety
Chemotherapy induced nausea
Cancer related appetite loss
Depression
Palliative care

Gastrointestinal:
Crohn’s disease
Ulcerative Colitis
IBD
IBS

Neurological:
Autistic spectrum disorder
Epilepsy
Migraine
Cluster headache
MS
Neuropathic pain
Parkinson’s disease
FND
MND
Cerebral Palsy

Pain:
Arthritis/RA
Chronic pain
Fibromyalgia
Migraine
Cluster headache
Neuropathic pain
Palliative care
EDS

Psychiatric:
ADHD
Anxiety
Agoraphobia
ASD
Depression
Insomnia
PTSD
OCD
Tourettes

Thanks, looks like I qualify on multiple levels, chronic pain, anxiety and ADHD, so I've put in an application for a cancard, fingers crossed I get one. Just want to support the push for legalisation any way I can really. 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Thanks, looks like I qualify on multiple levels, chronic pain, anxiety and ADHD, so I've put in an application for a cancard, fingers crossed I get one. Just want to support the push for legalisation any way I can really. 

Same buddy. Good luck! 

:smokin:

apparently if you scratch beneath the surface, we keep seeing the same names and the same associates with businesses registered at the same London shell address ? :spliff::wassnnme::ninja:

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Joolz said:

apparently if you scratch beneath the surface, we keep seeing the same names and the same associates with businesses registered at the same London shell address :spliff::wassnnme::ninja:

not mr wanking gown again is it?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

not mr wanking gown again is it?

maybe, who knows, (my mind was almost purged of that so thanks for bringing it back into main focus lol )

i just followed a few easily found links left by a canna activist on social media about canacard, was just a question or request for more info by somebody in the know more than a statement of fact from me :yep:

maybe @bartman has the skinny on it ? 

• Like 6

The revenue, receipts and deducted tax ought to bring on a good bit of attention.

Euuugh ,the night gown man . Nothing would surprise me.

Could be a reshaping of the laws in the future. 

Do owners of a cancard feel safer , immune to prosecution ? 

Why pay any money for minding your own business? 

• Like 3

Copied this from facebook.

Cancard Ltd will charge you £30 for your cannabis card. All you have to do is give them your personal info, photo etc.

They state their business as "Advertising"  

Dimitry Medvedev-Weber the Director of Cancard is also a director of 33 other companies, a good few registered at 18 Hanway Street.

If that name sounds familiar it's because the same address used by Steve Moore and Volteface where Carly Barton is listed as a special Advisor.

What are you doing to be doing with this private information Carly? Is it going to be sold or supplied to Steve Moore and Co via your role as "Special Advisor"

People providing Cancard with their information and paying £30 for the privilege should be asking questions 

Carly's track record with private data and security ain't great as she was with Jonathan Liebling at the UPA during the Data breaches there. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, somelad said:

Copied this from facebook.

Cancard Ltd will charge you £30 for your cannabis card. All you have to do is give them your personal info, photo etc.

They state their business as "Advertising"  

Dimitry Medvedev-Weber the Director of Cancard is also a director of 33 other companies, a good few registered at 18 Hanway Street.

If that name sounds familiar it's because the same address used by Steve Moore and Volteface where Carly Barton is listed as a special Advisor.

What are you doing to be doing with this private information Carly? Is it going to be sold or supplied to Steve Moore and Co via your role as "Special Advisor"

People providing Cancard with their information and paying £30 for the privilege should be asking questions 

Carly's track record with private data and security ain't great as she was with Jonathan Liebling at the UPA during the Data breaches there. 

I think people should be cautious but everything youv'e said is public domain right? I think in hindsight they should have made it clear during that video of this association with Volteface, though I think it would be a stretch to say they have something to hide (private).

Edited by soto

Also it's simply not true to say that guy is director of 33 other companies. I count six companies where he's an active director. Most of the other companies have either been dissolved or where he's resigned as director. And many of them have multiple entries. 

Of those six companies one is Cancard, another I assume is involved with music promotion (Terrapin Entertainment), another is some sort of strange new age brand management business ( studio.xyz ), another is a media production company (AFTR MDNT LTD), another a company associated with an art gallary (Revue Gallaries LTD (note: he resigned as director of this twice)) and last but not least some kinda new age art website showcasing an artist who is also a director... (deadsoon.com/about-2/about)

I haven't looked into any of the addresses but none of this is unusual. It just sounds like someone involved in the performing arts who potentially might be making money out of Cancard but also could just be trying to use their skills to help people.

Edited by soto

Couple of other things sorry. If you are autistic it would also be wise to get hold of an Autism Alert Card or card from an equvalient scheme depending on where you live in the UK. This is a scheme run by National Police Autism Association and administered through various autism charities throghout the country. It won't replace a cancard but will certainly help if you ever have any difficult interaction with the police as it's only available to people who have an autism diagnosis. 

An autism alert card or passport is a document you can carry to help communicate your needs as an autistic/neurodivergent individual to police officers or other officials when you are away from home. The card typically contains your details and advice for the officer you are speaking to. Alert card schemes are run in most police areas across the UK.

npaa.org.uk/alert-card-schemes

Also one last thing lol. I was just thinking to myself that we wouldnt have private clinics offering medicinal cannabis or cancard without the media going into a frenzy saying 'won't someone think of the children'. 

It's crazy how that got the ball rolling given it's been used to demonise people who use illicit drugs for donkeys years although granted none of this would have happened without the hard work of organisations like Transform, DPA, MAPs etc.

Edited by soto

@Joolz Yes same names over and over again. Innit.

Steve Moore Paul Birch Jon liebling Blair Gibbs

Richard Branson.

All totally trust worthy and not interested in making millions of pounds at all. :smug:

Cancard won’t be getting an application form from here that is for sure.

It’s all about the data. 

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3