CANCARD

Sid the Seedkiller

Anyone have any experience with CANCARD? Thinking of applying for one as I'm a medical user with about 5 qualifying criteria. Just wondered if anyone has been through the process and has any feedback? 

Cheers :smokin:

I started the process in december of last year, they got back to me asking for a new email address for my gp's practce at the start of this year and I replied, however since then I have not heard anything back..... I assume they are working on it, however, they do seems to be a bit slow......

greenie

• Like 1

Just now, green_machine said:

I started the process in december of last year, they got back to me asking for a new email address for my gp's practce at the start of this year and I replied, however since then I have not heard anything back..... I assume they are working on it, however, they do seems to be a bit slow......

greenie

Cheers bud, I'm guessing its probably because they are a fairly new thing, and I doubt Covid has helped get things off the ground. I've been keeping track of them for a while but now their process seems a little streamlined from when they first came out so I was considering it. 

Let's be honest it should be bloody legal anyway. 

I'll start and see where we get. 

Thank mate! 

• Like 1

fwiw if you are a medical user and can get approval for the card, I would try to get it. I am not sure if I agree about everything they are saying (with the grow inspections and stuff) however if it saves you from getting arrested it will be worth it.

greenie

• Like 3

I'll keep you updated guys on how it goes, it is a bit annoying cause I sort of know what went wrong. I didn't know the email address of my GP so just gave thm the standard NHS email hoping it would be correct, however in hindsight, it wasn't :wallbash:

greenie

• Like 1

Funnily enough guys, I just got a call from my GP practice, they have recieved the email from cancard and my GP wanted to speak to me. I have an appointment on the 11th so will hopefully be able to go forward after this.

My old GP (who dealt with me for many years) would have just authorised this, however she retired last year and my new GP is still coming to terms with my condition. She did however approve my refferal to sapphire medical so she is aware I use cannabis for medical reasons, I hope this is just an opportunity to get to know my condition a bit better.

greenie

• Like 3

I have recently got my medicancard which I think is better  Platform as u get a  Solicitor provid with the card as well ,it is back the same way as cancard ,but u get a lot more help with what to do to avoid  Prosecution . Also get a Cultivation notice to put on your grow room so if they remove your equipment they are liable for it .. get a lot more peace of mind with it, where as cancard is just a card the same back by the police but they can still ignore it , as with the medicancard u get all the information n help to bulid the case n the cps won't follow up the charges n people have even been get  Compensation for there grow rooms been taken n the harassment caused .. it was only 19 for the card defo worth it in my eyes has given me piece of mind as a medical user 

Edited by syrus420
  • Like 4

@syrus420 I had seen the medicancard prior to me applying for the cancard, howeverm the fact that the medicancard was allowing non-medical users to apply for it put me of it...... I was unsure of how this could be treated as a legitimate medical card considering some of the applicants will not be using for medical reasons and I came to the conlusion that they were happy to take money off you but was unsure how much protection the card would offer.

Have you got any links to succesful legal defences using this card? if it looks like it works I owuld happyily sign up for it but I was pretty unsure when I first looked at it.

atb

greenie

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, green_machine said:

@syrus420 I had seen the medicancard prior to me applying for the cancard, howeverm the fact that the medicancard was allowing non-medical users to apply for it put me of it...... I was unsure of how this could be treated as a legitimate medical card considering some of the applicants will not be using for medical reasons and I came to the conlusion that they were happy to take money off you but was unsure how much protection the card would offer.

Have you got any links to succesful legal defences using this card? if it looks like it works I owuld happyily sign up for it but I was pretty unsure when I first looked at it.

atb

greenie

in the booklet u get it explains a lot about diagnosed medical users n how to use it. its says recreational users are not covered on a lot of things  eg.. the cannabis cultivation notice is only covered by diagnosed medical users .. there is successful case studies in the back of the booklet on cases won plus i have seen a quite a few people on Instagram who have had cases won ... u  get an online access code so u can contact your adviser when needed n the book tells u what to say to the police to cover your self  .. the card its self has a qrcode for the police to scan with all the info on plus there is a form u can carry with eg a cannabis administration document when out in public with your medicine.. i was very sceptical until i got the card though with the booklet n then read all the information n checked ou the site n qrcode .. i feel alot more at easy with it .. an it seems to be well backed by alot of well know  cannabis  activist in the cannabis community .. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, syrus420 said:

I have recently got my medicancard which I think is better  Platform as u get a  Solicitor provid with the card as well ,it is back the same way as cancard ,but u get a lot more help with what to do to avoid  Prosecution . 

That Medicancard is a bit of a joke, it's not recognised by police, no police force has been briefed on it so how is it helping you avoid prosecution if it doesn't even do this from the outset?

Arguably medicancard was set up to make money off the back of Cancard. There is no need for another scheme for illicit medicinal cannabis use and calling it medicancard is really unhelpful given there's another scheme for those with legal medicincal cannabis prescriptions called medcannid.

Also there's no mention on the Medicancard website as to whether the information they receive gets encrypted. That's a big red flag there if you ask me, especially given the way cancard handles and encrypts the data they receive is partly why they have to charge people for the cards. Just why does medicancard need to charge £19 per card?

9 hours ago, syrus420 said:

Also get a Cultivation notice to put on your grow room so if they remove your equipment they are liable for it .. get a lot more peace of mind with it, where as cancard is just a card the same back by the police but they can still ignore it , as with the medicancard u get all the information n help to bulid the case n the cps won't follow up the charges n people have even been get  Compensation for there grow rooms been taken n the harassment caused .. it was only 19 for the card defo worth it in my eyes has given me piece of mind as a medical user 

Neither card gives you any extra legal protection, it's sadly entirely up to the discretion of the officers as to how things proceed. And whilst Cancard are trying hard to get the police to recognise personal cultivation for medicinal use, you will be charged if you get caught doing this at the moment. 

"
HOME GROWNING
Does the scheme cover home growing?

for the time being this discretion only applies to personal possession, it doesn't apply to grows. 

We are focusing on simple possession while we are in the process of working in the background on the amnesty project. This may be something we fold in, as our work with the police and the CPS continues.

We understand that supply is safer and can be more personalised if the option for home growing were open to patients, and after all, this is how this project began. We will be updating everyone as discussions around this turn into workable solutions later in the year.

However, if you are caught cultivating cannabis - Cancard will provide key information to officers at the scene and the CPS upon interview, this should go a way to demonstrate intent, and question if it is in the publics best interest to pursue a charge."

Edited by soto
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, bartman said:

@soto Dude I never had you down as such a cardist. Shame on you. :smokin:

I've kept a close eye on cancard for a while and I'm convinced they're going about things the right way. I honestly believe they are helping move forward the case for cannabis decriminalisation in the UK. Time will tell and I'm happy to be proved wrong on this.

If the only card available were Medicancard then I would be screaming from the rooftops for people (especially those growing) to steer clear. I wouldn't trust any organisation to hold a database of medicinal cannabis users unless it was in relation to legal prescriptions but that isn't really what cancard are doing. IIRC any personal details get redacted from the Summary Care Record before information gets stored on an encrypted server.

Edited by soto
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, soto said:

I wouldn't trust any organisation to hold a database of medicinal cannabis users

That’s about it for me. :yep: No ifs buts or unlesses. Just that.

And certainly no card supremacy lol say no to card supremacy.

• Like 4