CANCARD

Sid the Seedkiller

My reference to ring was a joke. Ring-piece alarm for soto’s phantom shitter. Wooooosh lol never mind I must try harder.

Back to Cancard. More shit lol 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, soto said:

I think you underestimated how much I loathe the behaviour of some youths that surround me. 

I was absolutely plagued by antisocial behaviour during lockdown to the point where I began to consider moving home as at times it became difficult to get into my home without getting into an altercation. 

People dealing on my doorstep,

Smoking weed like they don't give a fuck and giving stoners a bad name

do you think this might be why you want to separate medical from recreational so much lol  :) 

• Like 2

Just now, twigs said:

do you think this might be why you want to separate medical from recreational so much lol  :) 

No it's not although I haven't really aired my views about that on this thread if you look back. 

• Like 1

'Cancard' doesn't seem like a good thing at all to me, far as I understand it you need to go to a private doctor, that you pay to have a consultation with, to get you a private prescription, that you pay for, and that allows you to register for a 'cancard'.

Cos most people can't get a cannabis prescription from an NHS doctor, no matter how ill they are and how much cannabis will help them.

So it's basically legal weed for people that can afford it.

Fuck that shit :no:

Edited by Boojum

Just now, Boojum said:

'Cancard' doesn't seem like a good thing at all to me, far as I understand it you need to go to a private doctor, that you pay to have a consultation with, to get you a private prescription, that you pay for, and that allows you to register for a 'cancard'.

Cos most people can't get a cannabis prescription from an NHS doctor, no matter how ill they are and how much cannabis will help them.

So it's basically legal weed for people that can afford it.

Fuck that shit :no:

Hi Boojum, 

I think you're confusing Cancard with MedcannID the latter being a useful identification for people who have managed to get hold of a prescription from a private medical clinic.

Cancard is for people who can't afford to go down this route. To obtain a cancard all you need is your Summary of Care Record which can be obtained from your GP surgery by calling the surgery or using the econsult service a lot of surgeries have. There is no need to tell your doctor. 

Cancard realised quite early the possible complications that could arise were it a requirement to obtain proof from a GP, hence why they went down the Summary of Care Record route. 

• Like 1

I say 'all you need' but admittedly a cancard does cost £19.99/year plus the initial £10 admin fee. They do exempt some people from these costs but I'm not sure how limited this is. 

I should also add sorry, there is no need to mention cannabis use to anyone. You have a right to see and get copies of your medical records, including your Summary of Care Record. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, soto said:

Hi Boojum, 

I think you're confusing Cancard with MedcannID the latter being a useful identification for people who have managed to get hold of a prescription from a private medical clinic.

Cancard is for people who can't afford to go down this route. To obtain a cancard all you need is your Summary of Care Record which can be obtained from your GP surgery by calling the surgery or using the econsult service a lot of surgeries have. There is no need to tell your doctor. 

Cancard realised quite early the possible complications that could arise were it a requirement to obtain proof from a GP, hence why they went down the Summary of Care Record route. 

Sorry, drinky Sunday and you're right, I got confused :doh:

Apologies. Eejit :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Is there any news articles in the UK regarding police acknowledging , or even endorsing the Cancard ?

There's one by the Faily Fail but I won't give them the traffic.

I'm sure there will be others but can't be arsed to look.

Have a butchers on Google mate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NezA said:

There's one by the Faily Fail but I won't give them the traffic.

I'm sure there will be others but can't be arsed to look.

Have a butchers on Google mate.

Sure will be interesting to see if it gets the ball rolling for some leniency in the law . 

• Like 3

"Updates: Some great news, and some things to be ironed out.

We have seen a little over 92% of stops result in patients being left in charge of their medicine with no further action - this is utterly fantastic!

We have seen 2 cases whereby we have highlighted a discrepancy in training, this seems shift related. We have had one case of force (Kent) whose representative has been dismissive of the scheme. We have booked in a meeting on Monday to work through the ranks on this particular issue and iron out any missed training or reluctancy.

Generally, we are seeing great results, it's been a tiring job for us and for the police training lead who has gone to great efforts to disseminate training, but we are seeing the majority of cases resolved with brilliant results.

Don't forget, we have a full free legal support team in place for any disputes. From the figures we are seeing, this is unlikely to be used for simple possession as the scheme is working, but it is also there if there are any issues with family courts, employment or any other medicinal cannabis related legal situations.

More updates to follow.

Cancard team"

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

92% of a small number?

Was going to say we definitely need to know the actual numbers rather than just percentages to assess it.

• Like 2