Shipping to UK post Brexit

Freddy_Freekowtski

21 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I just wish I could put a fucking knife through it.

Mate. Strap yourself in. We've barely even started yet.

I don't want to be a knob about it but I'm afraid the realities of the decision are going to be unavoidable from now on and it's going to be unreasonable to expect everyone to just not mention it as it effects us.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Well if theres already a Brexit thread why start another in the growing section. To be quite honest it’s fucking dull listening to the same crap over and over and over again. I do like to avoid the political bits of this forum these days and would you know it. The Brexit ball gets kicked over the fence into next doors yard. I just wish I could put a fucking knife through it.

So do we all. Doesnt look likely though. 

Like wacky says, every day a new issue. They took us to court the other day so don't expect orders from eu seed banks to get any easier. 

So what thread do we post about how the snyder cut wasn't (IMO) worth four hours of my life. Not here that's for sure

Edited by Whatwentwrong

9 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@Wacky Wardrobe aye but theres ‘a place for everything and everything in its right place.’ Fair enough skim the surface in regards specific breeders and whether they ship but turning it into an episode of newsnight is arse numbingly dull.

So helping potential sellers with how to import things that you may use is numbingly dull ? Ok so if no one shares this info the site would be numbingly dull due to no info lol 

• Like 2

Bit niche, but for the outdoor growers out there. Made 2 orders from Nordic Genetics, both have arrived safe and sound.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Well if theres already a Brexit thread why start another in the growing section. To be quite honest it’s fucking dull listening to the same crap over and over and over again. I do like to avoid the political bits of this forum these days and would you know it. The Brexit ball gets kicked over the fence into next doors yard. I just wish I could put a fucking knife through it.

Hey @mikeydoughnut :)

I started this thread as a specific question for Sweet Seeds as I was about to make an order but wasn't sure if things had changed since we left the EU, and to be honest I was a bit worried about the customs checks etc I'd been reading about.

I'm really sorry if it's being percieved as some sort of attack or something, that really wasn't my intention when I started it, I just wanted some info.

I don't really use the forum a huge amount but I remember we had similar issues with our girls last year (I still don't know whether I have nute burn or potassium deficiency half the time lol) and I thought we had some nice exchnages so I'm gutted to have caused upset. :(

If a mod wants to delete the thread that's fine with me.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

FF

• Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 11:07 AM, Freddy_Freekowtski said:

Hi @Sweet Seeds-tommy

Hope you and yours are well :)

I'm wondering if you know how Brexit will effect shipping to the UK? Is it business as usual or will orders be liable for extra custom duties etc?

Appreciate you may well be trying to get your head around it all as well but thought I'd ask...

Hopefully it's not going to be too much of a ball ache for you...

All the best, Cheers :yep:

FF

sorry if this has been answered already but I ordered a volcano vaporiser off amazon, the seller sent from Spain which I didn't know until they had posted it, long story short - UPS emailed me for £72.20 customs charges before deliver, I cancelled, its on its way back to Spain, value of vape £289.00.

• Like 2

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

Ey up @Freddy_Freekowtski not at all bud. It descended into a debate in which voting began to get discussed. It’s not your fault pal it’s all the political hawks that can’t leave it the fuck be. They’re probably the same boring wankers who dull everyone out at any bus stop, checkout and atm machine they frequent. No need for apologies owd lad :yep:

Cheers @mikeydoughnut

Hope you, your fam and your girls are well :)

FF

That’s absolutely fine Arthur but discussing voting habits and wading into what are political in and outs is dull. Very very fucking dull.

So turn off the following button, like I'm about to do :yep:

Edited by MindSoup

Like I’ve said the sooner they get a base in Ireland to ship forwards from... job done 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

Just now, mysticriver said:

sorry if this has been answered already but I ordered a volcano vaporiser off amazon, the seller sent from Spain which I didn't know until they had posted it, long story short - UPS emailed me for £72.20 customs charges before deliver, I cancelled, its on its way back to Spain, value of vape £289.00.

Oh mate, what a pain in the hole, good to be aware of, thanks for the heads up :yep:

FF

• Like 1

Aye not too shabby to be fair Freddy and yours too. Have yer sen a grand weekend :yep:

You too bro :yep:

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

Like I’ve said the sooner they get a base in Ireland to ship forwards from... job done 

that was what happened on one of the volcano's I ordered after the Spain shocker

they were a uk website, so I ordered

order confirmation email - 'we have it posted by Friday' (this is Monday)

Friday comes 'we need to send some stock to our warehouse @ Ireland, then they will post it from there due to customs etc' what!! - cancel !

finally ordered a third next day from uk from elsewhere

so yeah...... beware of the customs

mysticriver 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysticriver said:

that was what happened on one of the volcano's I ordered after the Spain shocker

they were a uk website, so I ordered

order confirmation email - 'we have it posted by Friday' (this is Monday)

Friday comes 'we need to send some stock to our warehouse @ Ireland, then they will post it from there due to customs etc' what!! - cancel !

finally ordered a third next day from uk from elsewhere

so yeah...... beware of the customs

mysticriver 

Let me guess a company beginning with N ends with E and is a greeting I won’t say name as rude to vapefiend . 

On 20/03/2021 at 2:36 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Let me guess a company beginning with N ends with E and is a greeting I won’t say name as rude to vapefiend . 

can't quite remember off-hand but an N + E sounds familiar....