any barneys growers on here?

sweettooth

5 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

probley pheno hunting worth loosing half a crop to find the best pheno for you can clone or try and seed it to replicate the certain one u want might be wrong here don't mind be corrected

yeah your right although i wouldnt hunt through packs of barneys aint gonna find much diversity. if your wanting fems to fill a tent of something uniform there your thing. at least thats always been my impression on what they cater to best.  

• Like 2

On 07/12/2020 at 0:21 PM, Ccs141 said:

probley pheno hunting worth loosing half a crop to find the best pheno for you can clone or try and seed it to replicate the certain one u want might be wrong here don't mind be corrected

That’s what bf say about the few regs they do, 

• Like 1

I slate barneys ....but tbf

I'm smoking this gorilla skittles a friend grew and I have to say I'm very impressed.

Lovely structure, nice colas and tastes like pure grapefruit fuel.....beautiful and bloody strong. 

I could smoke this everyday and not get tired of the flavour.

:skin_up:

• Like 7

On 05/12/2020 at 11:24 AM, InMyPocket said:

Only ever done pineapple express auto and it was hands down the best plant of that grow. I would definitely do it again.

I did their PEA as well, was very vigorous and STRONG, tough as old boots as well, it put up with me as a first time grower so it did well! lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sowed 10 glookies seeds a few weeks back. 

1 didn't pop and 3 out of the 9 left hermied. (I'm not blaming the genetics) 

It was my first attempt with seeds. I'm not sure if it a natural occurrence because it was my first seed attempt. But every plant had such different characteristics from each other. 

Does this normally happen when planting the same seeds from the same breeder? 

Merry Xmas everyone :smokin:

@Bushmat each seed can and usually will show huge variety, even when the same strain/parents.  A stable line will have been worked over years to increase the odds of getting certain phenotypes.

Barnies are not well-regarded in their efforts towards producing either their own or stable genetics. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

@Bushmat each seed can and usually will show huge variety, even when the same strain/parents.  A stable line will have been worked over years to increase the odds of getting certain phenotypes.

Barnies are not well-regarded in their efforts towards producing either their own or stable genetics. 

Yeah, the project was a bit of a disaster. I've just popped 1 of the seeds from a G13 that was pollinated by one of the glookies.

The G13 plant was absolutely amazing. Never seen anything so sticky. 

When she was pollinated it really slowed her bud production down and I didn't have the time to let her finish properly. 

She didn't actually produce that many seeds. 

Will these seeds turn out like her or was it just a one off? 

The photo was the G13 in week 2 or 3 I think 

large.compress1602362342247.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bushmat said:

Yeah, the project was a bit of a disaster. I've just popped 1 of the seeds from a G13 that was pollinated by one of the glookies.

Deliberate breeding project using males? Or accidental from a hermie plant? 

21 minutes ago, Bushmat said:

Will these seeds turn out like her or was it just a one off? 

If they are seeds from breeding and not an accident, then the genetic potential is there, but depends on loads of factors really, a huge one being Dad. 

7 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Deliberate breeding project using males? Or accidental from a hermie plant? 

Accidently.. Not really sure how.. My only guess is they were stressed from to much wind stress if that's possible?? 

I know there a huge risk of hermieing again. Just wanted to see what happens really. 

I was planning on putting her in with some cuttings. I know it's a stupid idea but I think I know what to look for now and will pull her out if I notice anything dodgy happening. 

Or is it just not worth the risk? 

Harvested my 3 autos including a barneys farm PEA on Xmas eve. It was the tallest out of my 3 stuned autos. But nowhere near the trichomes coverage as the two Sweet seeds strains. I just hope it tastes nice as it was the only lowest thc% pineapple express strain I could find.

large.20201216_052442.jpg

I am on my second run of Glookies the first was under a borrowed mars hydro ts2000 just three plants no hermies filled nine quart jars good smoke not great got nine under my 600 hps about three weeks in no signs of hermies hoping for a better finished product with the hps

Have a barneys, blue geleto 41 mum in the box, was a cut from a friend I grew out last run, fantastic looking plant and a great yeild and smoke, so gonna keep it a while. Can't comment on their beans tho as I've never popped one. 

• 2 months later...

I have tried loads of barneys i have most recently done dos si dos 33 and it’s the lowest yield I’ve ever had but top quality so not to sure what to make of it.

• Like 1