any barneys growers on here?

sweettooth

I've grown mainly barneys over the years with always great results, pineapple chunk, critical kush,  phantom og, tangerine dream, gorilla skittles, glookies (amazing), gelato. now started wedding cake. Ive done a few Dutch passions and G13 labs, they were both good. I see a lot of people mention hermies from barneys, was after peoples opinions on them. Ive done a few HBO freebies but they're always slightly longer flowering times than I'd like, always squeezed in 5 to 6 grows a year and want to continue mainly indicas with a short flowering time and good yield. I dab so convert a lot to oil and when you dab, even a blunt doesn't really hit you anymore so go through a lot. Ive seen some breeds called FAST which I know are due to the crossing with a male auto but wondered how this impacted the quality as some of the auto buds ive seen arent as nice as photoperiod plants, always look a bit airey. 

• Like 4

I once put a cookies kush freebie in a small pot in the corner of my tent for the hell of it... I'd heard Barney's weren't great so I pretty much ignored it apart from watering - but it turned out to be a little gem! 

I've decided people are as biased on seed banks as anything else in life.

• Like 10

Yes I grew some Purple Punch and it was the best strain I have ever grown. Big filthy frosty colas and a killer smoke with amazing terpenes.

Currently got some Strawberry Lemonade halfway through flowering and it's looking very nice so far. 

Maybe I got lucky with the pheno but I am very happy with Barneys and will be trying out some of their Wedding cake next run which I got as a freebie.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, howler01 said:

Yes I grew some Purple Punch and it was the best strain I have ever grown. Big filthy frosty colas and a killer smoke with amazing terpenes.

Currently got some Strawberry Lemonade halfway through flowering and it's looking very nice so far. 

Maybe I got lucky with the pheno but I am very happy with Barneys and will be trying out some of their Wedding cake next run which I got as a freebie.

strawberry lemonade was ace for me, great yields,  lovely smoke. top draw bag appeal (when you click open that kilnar jar and sniff it in) :cheers:

• Like 5

Currently got some of Barney's on the go. LSD, Wedding Cake, Gloockies. So far so good. As its my first time though I know jack so learning as I go. I think I have some G13 and Pinapple Chunk that is yet to be cracked.

• Like 3

I have grown out Barney's Blue Cheese Red Diesel Purple Punch Glookies and several of there autos had no problems with any of them would love to get more Red Diesel seeds had a spider mite attack a couple years ago they didn't touch the Red Diesel but everywhere I look for them they are sold out got Glookies on the go right now on day 70 and bout to get chopped this weekend

• Like 3

glookies is loooovely. gave some away to friends and the reviews were awesome. just bought a load of the critical peyote and critical kush. the kush is spot on, great yielder too, saying that, anything crossed with critical is to be fair. I think critical is what used to be called big bud

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InMyPocket said:

Only ever done pineapple express auto and it was hands down the best plant of that grow. I would definitely do it again.

That's good to hear:yep:. I got one on the go atm. Still a few weeks left of flower to go yet tho. I stupidly stund all 3 autos this time round(over fed in already rich soil) and that one is the one that bounced back the most.

• Like 2

Check out all the Barney's love on here. I've never grown any myself but i'm sure it was their Sweettooth that was meant to be banging a few years ago.

• Like 2

I done 4 barneys farm blue cheese a few months ago. All females and done very good as far as i rememeber. No blue cheese phenos as such but still lovely smell/taste, good smooth smoke and brilliant yield. Would grow again.

• Like 2

Barney's get a bad press, mainly because of the way they do business. Some of their rip-off's are okay to decent.  Pineapple chunk is probably their best, most liked strain.  I grew Barney's for a few years, had a few hermes.  Never had a hermie since I moved away from them and my dope is nicer too.  I'd call them entry level, and they're okay for that. 

Edited by fatboy77