Sweet watery wonderland - trees for life

badbillybob

And now week 3, here they are, its all coming back to me now, the mist is clearing .

they looked a bit sad after i kept them in the first res for almost 3 weeks , so i changed out, as the above post testifies. the cream 47 has done nothing in the past week, its still stunted, or rather it "was", because i pulled it. 

its the one in the middle, in case you couldnt guess, the others are doing grand tho.

Here it is week 3large.3.JPG

the jack 47

large_21.JPG

and the sweet afghan, which looks exactly the same as the sad i did last time round, with super tight nodes and a real afghan #1 look to it, short and squat. 

large_13.JPG

so it looks like these pair will be "tree"d.and we all love a tree grow dont we (say yes) 

cheers

• Like 14

cool, thats that sorted then  -- trees it is.

And yeah, id rather spend my time around trees than people too..

i meant to mention that i topped them this week, and will do a multi topping session next week. i like to give them a chance to recover before stressing them out again. next week i will be topping the top and the main top side branches, i usually do the top 4 , so will see what they  looks like after that. the other side of the room im goinna have to scrog, to give the trees a couple more weeks veg. 

i havnt done a  tree for a while, so it should be interesting, and ive got a bit more head room now, so it might end up with vert lighting too , which is nice...... 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 8

17 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Me too, 

everyone has good things to say about it :D

Come one the trees. 

:yinyang:

i grew the Sweet afghan delicious last year in this comp,  and was really impressed, it was a lovely smoke, and the buds were dense from the bottom of the plant to the top. it was ultra compact during veg, really tight nodes on her,  but, once flipped it stretched just enough to fill out the buds during bloom. id have no hesitation in recommending it. 

And  - yeah, mon the trees!!!

• Like 5

As an aside, I grew some S.A.D. outdoor in... let me think...2014.

I harvested it late September, a bit of mould but what a body stone.

Put it this way, my friend who smoked occasionally, smoked half a J and had to lie down.

Knocked him out.

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 5

yeah its a bit heavy, kinda reminds me of the old afghani#1. 

i would do a room of it...its such an easy grow too. 

• Like 4

Man your setup is awesome! It's a shame about the Cream47 but boy oh boy am I looking forward to watching these trees develop! :flex:

• Like 4

thanks for the kind words.

My plan is to get serious this week, and get in there, sort out the plants with some selective topping and a bit of training, with wire ties (if i can find them, aint used them for donks). 

but i want to spread them out a bit, get the lower stuff to come up on its own. i will top them mercilessly this week and see how they form thier shape before deciding if another topping is needed. 

they are now at the stage where they really begin to take off in water, this is 3 weeks into the system and i usually veg for 4, but topping will hold them back a bit.

i will be moving these from this side of the room to the other, because the other side has higher side supports. im also going to definitely get the net in the other side too, when they reach the top of the support frames. The plants from the other side will be moved to this side and scrogged, to buy me a week or two extra veg time.

Here they are tonight, the SAD has caught up with the jack 47 now, they are both about the same size, which is great, i was worried the SAD  would lag behind, but no, shes picked up her skirts and ran with it.

heres the pics, nearest the cam is the SAD, furthest is the Jack 47..large.2.JPG

they are becoming fine bushes, if i can keep them this shape for another fortnight, i think we are in for great things.

hers the Jack 47, it looks a bit scraggly to be honest, compared to the SAD, but once they are topped and spread out a bit more, it willl be fine im sure

large.4.JPG

the SAD is looking perfect so far, its a really pretty plant, im loving the squat structure of her. the more i grow this plant the more i remeber how great afghani strains are, id love to do more of themlarge_347.JPG

Feeds are frankly, too high at 1.0 ec, my fault, i tried to push them on,  but i will dilute them down as the week goes on, and hopefully end up at 0.9 or 0.8. i should also have started them lower at 0.6 instead of 0.8, but its a constant learning process this growing, thats why i love it so much.

so next week, tree trainiing begins in earnest, stay tuned...

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 14

ok, so tonight i started the training. 

Its like plant boot camp.....only the fittest survive lol. 

i topped the  two tops which had sprouted from last weeks topping, and also between 6 -10 of the side branches, on each plant....

you are probably sitting there, slack jawed, at this brutality, but there is a method in my madness.

If i did this over a period of a week or so i know they will react in a bad way, so i think its better to get all the stress over with in one hit....well.....it works for me.

i dont want to stress them out again if i dont have to, so i will leave them a week at least and will see how they look before deciding if more topping is needed.

I think they will be okay, but time will tell. its a good stress test...

The lights are on 600 watt setting, one of my ballasts has started playing up and will switch itself off if i try super boost settings, so im  just gonna leave them all at 600w, will help the electric bill. And the last thing they need after a mega topping session is a light going off and on every hour eh? the stress would definitely sprout nuts on any strain, so 600 it is. 

EC is 1.0 and ph is 5.9. i added 40 litres tonight, no nutes, so that should keep them going for a few days.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11