Sweet watery wonderland - trees for life

badbillybob

20 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

what strain are you running mate

Gorilla Bomb...my growbud has done it before and really rates it...told me it was done in 67 days and like a fool I believed him...:doh:

;)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

If you continue at this pace... you're going to end up trapped by the jungle. :thumsup:

Great work @badbillybob 

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

Hi Apolo..........thats what im hoping for....... hahahaha.  :)

• Like 4

Well i eventually got rou nd to doing some trimming of Kate bush, AKA pain in my arse plant, the one i have to struggle to get my fat ass past, in the centre. i did a full on lollipop job on her, pretty much the entire bottom half has now gone. theLED above it is just a little 240 watt one, so would be struggling to penetrate, and half the lower stuff was shaded from the top budsites anyway.

heres the carnagelarge.9.JPGlarge_10.JPG

it should help things and the plant will be able to concentrate all its activities on the top buds. 

im impressed with this little LED, so much so, that later this week, or the start of next week, hopefully, i will be getting one of the new, all singing , all dancing SCOPE _X  680 ADVANCED  lights.

large.scopex2.jpglarge.680PROPROMOTION_400x.pnglarge.601a8c2756677_scopex1.png

check the figures out, very very impressive. 

i am really looking forward to getting it and it will be put in here straight away, probably over Kate bush.. its gonna be MEGA!!!!!! 

i will put it through its paces, but it wont be a true representation of what this light is capable of, because obviously i will need to take some time to get used to it, and figure out which setting works best for which stage of growth etc, but i will get there im sure, and Adam and Craig @ DIYLED will surely keep me right. Thanks chaps. i think they might convince an old HPS dinosaur like me  to go modern and save some electric. into the bargain.....

exciting times muckers.....

im going to trim the lowers of the other plants in the next day or two, i just need to find my trimming scissors. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

Yes yes yes @badbillybob good to hear you moving more over the Led side. Happy to have to your experience. Ace.  My 2p would be don't ram it full straight away. Start slow and build up. I think @ratdog had few issues show when he started on full watts. 

that Kate Bush will be at withering heights in no time.

Edited by growinggold
Adding
  • Like 5

Yes mate, im going to use this plant as a testing run, till i can suss out what settings, heights etc they will need to be at, and after im finished this grow, im going for it, either a massive scrog or a big tree grow with it. 

the plant in the pics is showing a few issues, most likely down to the small pot its in, its only got, like 20 odd litres of nutes in there and it drains it too regularly. i will use a bigger one next time, one of the 60 litre (40 litre of nutes) ones

should be great...

• Like 4

hello mate, i have several now and the main thing i found is they grow like fuck in veg and you have to be on top of feeding, but not sure if you will need to adjust your hydro feed settings?

the par+ and maxi's 300 are fucking amazing, so the scope should be out of this world! and mixed with other lights this time of year is perfect for keeping temps up but not getting too hot either!

e2a, i keep my par+ 465 on full at 2 feet, and the 300's are dialed down to 60% atm in veg and at about 12-14"

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 4

yes thats one thing i found when i used 2 of the 240 watter quantum boards, they fed like mad and needed addition al cal mag. they were also finished almost  a week earlier - yet more leccy saved.

The quantum board 240/265's ive got, one has newish tech samsung LM301H and 351H far reds, the other is older, its got i think 301 chips in it. They will both be easily eclipsed by the Scope -x ...

• Like 3

Just now, badbillybob said:

351H far reds

they are interesting, have you seen the youtube vid doing the rounds here with the guy talking about different lights and umols etc? can't remember his name, it's in my sweetseeds diary, apparently the far reds are very good at photosynthesis too so that's a brucie bonus!

now i said that it's jogged my memory lol , he's called bruce begbee, this is intresting and he trys to make it easy to follow

• Like 5

i finally got my shit together to go out and trim the lower stuff. 

i got a bit carried away, but the top canopy is still full so it will be fine. i got 5 of them done last night, only stopped when i managed to miss the branch with the razorblade, but didnt miss the end of my finger......doh, blood everywhere, so i sacked it off. bloody finger is still stinging this morning, and im as hard as nails....er...honest....

heres some pics spot the diffference, first 2 are sweet afghan dees and then cream 47, not a whole lot left low down, but it will help the humidity and let them get some boosted top buds, i hope. 

large.4.JPGlarge.3.JPGlarge.2.JPGlarge.1.JPG

im gonna tackle the big mohan rams and jack 47s tonight hopefully.

i filled half a bin bag already, and i managed to find the missing thermometer, it was under all the undergrowth .

lights out temps are still low, i tried the extra 2 kw heater, but again, just succeeded in tripping the fuse box, so im just gonna have to put up with it. 

i think future winter grows will be autos..

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

well i trimmed the rest of them underneath and only one other razor cut, and a bag of waste. 

im thinking its looking a bit sparse now, but it will help airflow through the plants.

i keep thinking i should have been less lazy in veg and topped them more, or added the screens and next grow, i am DEFINITELY SCROGGING. i just look at the canopies and see lots of space where budsites should be, so next time im nailing the screens down from the start, so i have no option to be lazy.

anyway roots are looking good, heres a SAD rootmass and top shot.

large.1.JPGlarge.3.JPG

the mohams are huge now they are at the back here

large.7.JPGlarge.6.JPG

the jack 47s too are massive

large.5.JPG

and Kate Bush has recovered well after a bush trim (ooooerrrr)

large.4.JPGlarge.9.JPG

overall they are looking good, i need to change out the res this weekend, hope they wont get too stressed,they are drinking lots now, 40 litres yesterday, they needed another 40 tonight, but ive left them to let the nute level drop a bit, and get some oxygen into theroots.

i usually give them between 40-60 litres every 2 days!!!

large.8.JPG

• Like 15