Sweet watery wonderland - trees for life

badbillybob

Cracking colas as per usual Billy, top job :yep:    Interesting that KATE has less trichs under the LED, maybe just the mysterious genotype.

I don't envy you having to trim that haul.

Can see why you use a bud trimmer, good luck :) 

• Like 2

well i was out there today for about 5 hours and half of them are done. its looking ok to be fair, i did the 5 smallest ones, ive still got the 2 big jack 47 and  the 2 moham rams to do, but so far ive filled a drier net and 3 layers of the 2nd one.

i usually fill both and a couple of the metre wide net rows but this time ill do well to fill the 2 driers, which is fine, it will keep me going for a few weeks :)    :skin_up:

large.1.JPG

i did better than expected from Kate Bush, she filled a couple of rows which usually means between 7-9 ounces.

She had a decent stem on her too.

large.2.JPG

the rest can wait till toomorrow.

ive stuck  2 sets of smokbelch standard gloves in the freezer, and looking at the bowl trimmer, i reckon i could scrape at least an 1/8th of hash off it, if i could only be arsed hahaha...

i took some nice pics too, for a change, at least they are mostly in focus.

these girls are as frosty as, my gloved fingers had leaves sticking to them theere was so much resin, it was like sticky wateron some of them, and the colours on the cream 47 were beautiful. 

heres some random pics, im loving the autumn colours of them.

large.8.JPGlarge.7.JPGlarge.6.JPGlarge.5.JPGlarge.4.JPGlarge.3.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 13

Maestro :headbang:

Really pleased for you mate after the recent disappointments...

And lovely pics btw.

ATB mate

• Like 4

yeah, thanks man, ive had more fuckups than Mia Khalifa this past year or so, so its good to get a grow finished. 

ive been parolled from trim jail at last, 5 hrs today, the same yesterday trimming. i managed to lose 3 more "fingers" from my shitty trimmer which is slowly falling apart, i should have bought a decent one, this thing has barely lasted a half dozen grows, Chinese pish!!!

ive managed to pretty much fill the nets, which is a bonus, but as expected its a bit less than last years monsters.

heres some pics of the carnage.

temps are 14 rh is 70%, i will drain the water out of the system tonight which should help reduce the humidity a bit.

ive filled 2 bin bags full of leaf and have some stems to chop up get rid of, then all the rootballs etc to cut out/ hydroton to wash/ bleach  etc. im leaving it till thursday, will get everything dumped and start the big clean up/ bleach frenzy

large_15.JPGlarge_14.JPGlarge_13.JPGlarge_12.JPGlarge_11.JPGlarge_10.JPGlarge_17.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

evenin,ive got rid of the 6 bin bags full of leaf, trim, stalk and rootballs etc, now its in full dry mode.

the buds are looking good, the temps and RH were too low for the past couple of days so i have brought in the fan heater on setting 3 out of 10 which gives 16 degrees and 60 % RH. the little bloke doesnt look happy, but i do lol its not 80% RH, hes a lieing little git, these are right next to each other, gotta love Chinese Electronics eh hahaha

large_15.JPGlarge_22.JPG

the room is on full bleach mode , but thankfully no more foam parties, im ready to go again

large_13.JPGlarge_14.JPGlarge_12.JPG

i still need to properly sweep the floor but apart from that , all the pots are bleached, so is the hydroton and the airstones and lines/ netpots etc.

lets have a look at some dense little dinkers, these are either cream 47 or moham rams, .............frost alert !!!

yeah those bowl trimmers really wreck your buds and knock off all the trichs, dont they...:fart:

large_19.JPGlarge_18.JPGlarge_17.JPGlarge_16.JPG

yum yum...just gonna wait till they are properly dried which will take at least another week....but it will be worth it....oh yes.....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

Smashin' nugs on show there Billy. Nice colours too, bet they're tasty :yep: 

Great to see you debunking the myths about knocking trichs off in the bowl trimmer. I've got one but I've never used it yet. Do you partially dry the buds first until the leaves are a bit crisp or do they come off easy when wet?

ATB :smokin: 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Smashin' nugs on show there Billy. Nice colours too, bet they're tasty :yep: 

Great to see you debunking the myths about knocking trichs off in the bowl trimmer. I've got one but I've never used it yet. Do you partially dry the buds first until the leaves are a bit crisp or do they come off easy when wet?

ATB :smokin: 

well, i just cut them down, pull all the stemmed water leaves by hand so you are left with the buds and the little leaves.

i then hold the stem in one hand and pull it through my first and second finger, catching the buds in the same hand.

then on to the trimmer and open it up and spread the buds about.....dont over load it FFS . a SLOW 20 odd turns, clockwise, and they are done, like the pics above. they still have little bits of sugar leaf on them, as you can see, but the dry tends to pull them back into the buds and since they are covered in trichs, its no issue. 

then on to the drier nets for 7-10 days at 16 odd degrees and 60%rh. 

then its time to jar them.

i put mine in a plastic tub first, to pull out any moisture from the middle of the buds for 24hrs, then dry them again on nets for another day or until they are "just right"

then jar and cure them. 

• Like 4

these have been drying now for 5 days. 

they have dried a bit quickly for my liking.

this is thanks to outside temps and me needing to heat the room to get it to 16 degrees.

ive been in a couple of times and its been at 19 odd, but its liveable.

ive turned off the fan heater during the day and am getting 14 odd degrees, then on at night for 16-19. 

Rh has been steady around 55- 60%, which is good

i reckon another 3 days will see them done and then the big fight weigh in

• Like 3

well these are as dry as a witches tit, so i weighed them up tonight.

Heres the scores on the doors

2 x jack 47 = 418g or 14.9 ounces

2 x SAD = 185g or 6.6 ounces

2x cream 47 = 313g or 11.1 ounces

moham 1 = 212 or 7.5 ounces

moham 2 = 202 or 7.2 ounces

green poison 147 g or 5.2 ounces

kate bush 145g or 5.1 ounces

total of 1622g or just shy of 58 zips.

hmmm, sounds like a lot doesnt it, and i dont want to sound like a moaning c*nt, but they are no where near last years haul....

im not dissappointed at all, they have done really well all things considered. 

Still, its more than ive harvested from any of my other shit shows recently so i will smile a smile of someone who will be getting very very stoned

bud shots tomorrow, they are frosty as anything ive grown, and it will be a hard job having to test them all over the coming weeks/ months .

thanks for following all. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

billy bob has got his shit back together again, oh yeah! lol  :punk::smoke:

blinding mate ;)

e2a, reckon you could have done better under full led?

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

Cheers for the bud trimmer info dude, might give mine a try soon. 

Congratz on the haul, should keep you busy for a while :yep: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

billy bob has got his shit back together again, oh yeah! lol  :punk::smoke:

blinding mate ;)

e2a, reckon you could have done better under full led?

difficult to answer that one, because it was a winter grow, and id have to use lots of  wattage to heat the room if i was all LED.

if i was in the house then definitely, i used to have lots of heat issues running 4 hps indoors.

im breaking out the new Scope -x 680 advanced for the next grow, and will plonk it between the  2 x 600 HPs, in a big scrog, so i will have a better idea then to be honest.

• Like 3

No wonder your trimmer is breaking if you keep putting those rocks in it :D

Some lovely looking buds there, very well done still a fantastic haul.

Atb :oldtoker:

Edited by Clumsy
you're your
  • Like 4

it wont break on these next ones. 

im doing a couple of blackjacks in mud, and have had them on the go for a few weeks now.

i started them in coco, 1/2 litre, then 2litre pots and now into 10 litre buckets, filled with soil.

feeds are tomorite, light is 600w metal halide, and im still waiting for pistils to show

cheap as chips

large.6.JPGlarge.5.JPG

i have topped them once and flipped them late last week, the 25th to be precise. they are the 2 on the right hand side.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

these blackjacks in mud have grown into massive cola plants , yes thats right, massive, and yes thats right, in mud.....shockeroonie.

large.5.JPG

here is one nearest the camers.  i know my photo skillz need a serious upgrade, but you get the idea. i accidentally topped this plant and 3 smaller colas grew out of the topped site, awesome. its thicker than my arm this one, and has a couple of weeks to go still. im even feeding it coco /hydro nutes instead of soil ones, but its happy as can be.

Now onward to some schmoke reports. 

ive been putting myself through the wringer for you lot - the past few weeks, the sacrifices i make for you lot, i dunno.....

Moham Ram, or brain fade as i should be calling it. 

its a cracking smoke, i have to say, its really potent if over indulged and will turn  you into a vacant,  dribbling wreck if you over indulge.

the taste is similar to the sweet afghan delicious, but its not so much the afghan its like a sweet skunk i thought.

it grinds up lovely and a  few spliffs later i found myself wandering aimlessly, a bit behind on everyone elses conversations. but its not a mongy/completely detatched buzz, just a bit lethargic. i would describe it as a mellow feeling buzz, which if over indulged would be easy to get wrecked on. It kinda draws you in and before you know it.....bam, you are watching a programme on open university about Himalayan  goat herding at half three in the morning.....and finding it interesting........

the taste is sweet, fruity and a little bit earthy. its nice, really nice, i suppose a vape might bring out more flavour, but i CBA with vaping, im too stuck in my ways, i like a big fat spliff.

If im being picky i didnt really taste much of the widow in it, it was more leaning to the S>A>D> side of things

it would be a great strain for pain relief or depression, i like it, a lot and will deffo grow it again. i liked the SAD a lot too it was kinda similar, and i grew it out again too.  good yeilder too, i had about 7 &1/2 ounce from each of them.

overall 8.5 out of 10

Sweet Afghan Delicious. 

i grew these out last year and liked them so much i grew a couple this time. i wasnt dissappointed.

i really like this strain. its not as big a yeilder as the Moham, but who cares when it tastes like this. its lovely, sweet tasting fruityness, nice dense nugs, ground up a treat, and when smoked , its just one of those sunny day good vibe buzzes, feel good weed. it puts you in a good place this weed and it will let you cruise along all day , or if you want to get mashed, it will deliver that too.

proper afghani smell to them kinda rubbery, but with some sweetness and the taste is bloody lovely its like sweets, with summer fruits in about it, 

i cant think of anything else to say other than - go buy some beans and grow it out. the dense nugs are worth it.

Overall 8.75 out of 10

Green Poison

well this one is another indica, i like inidicas Sweet dont list its lineage, but i suspect some afghani #1 in there somewhere, just dueto the couchlock effect it brings on. 

its a decent enough strain, but imho the SAD and moham are nicer, well, i thought they were. i dont really want to mong out on the sofa for an hour or two doing nothing.  i only did one GP, and it grew a bit funky so maybe it was just the pheno i grew out. Dont getme wrong, It gets you stoned, all day long, but i wouldnt choose it over the other 2. it smells kinda citrousy, maybe a bit lemony, with a kind of herby flowery smell to it (im shit at describiing smells)  and it gets you stoned, i was getting a bit of a headache after a few to be honest so that kinda put me off it. 

it would be good for getting you to sleep.

overall 7.5 out of 10

more to follow, im on the jack 47 today, this testing lark is hard going you know....the struggle is real......

• Like 2