Dinafem Purps#1 and HSO sapphire Scout

jadenugs

@jadenugs Going beautifully mate, I adore the looks of that Purp#1. Hope she gives you the effect you love so much. 

Bubble-wise, I'd strongly recommend getting the fundamentals right by hand first (i.e. just a wooden spoon). Frenchie advises this too as it's easier to tell if you've got the ratio of ice/water/material right, which is the most important part of the process. I used an IR temp gun to check the water as I added a little ice at a time. Far less than I've used previously and stirring into a vortex wasn't hard work at all. Best results yet. 

Apologies for quoting myself, but some of what I wrote in this post may be of help:

Good luck with the final stretch...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Fragg said:

@jadenugs they do a bit but the idea is to use the least ice possible to prevent it damaging the plant material and causing contaminant, according to Frenchy it is the movement of the ice cold water that removes the trichome heads, not the ice, that way it isn’t too noisy. Stank the whole house out tho, thank fuck for lockdown lol The run I did with the smallest amount of ice tonight yielded the best so gotta concur with the Maestro :notworthy: the machines are dirt cheap, effective and a lot less back breaking than the manual way ;) 

Bubbles in the freezer so weekend going great :oldtoker:

9 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

@jadenugs Going beautifully mate, I adore the looks of that Purp#1. Hope she gives you the effect you love so much. 

Bubble-wise, I'd strongly recommend getting the fundamentals right by hand first (i.e. just a wooden spoon). Frenchie advises this too as it's easier to tell if you've got the ratio of ice/water/material right, which is the most important part of the process. I used an IR temp gun to check the water as I added a little ice at a time. Far less than I've used previously and stirring into a vortex wasn't hard work at all. Best results yet. 

Apologies for quoting myself, but some of what I wrote in this post may be of help:

Good luck with the final stretch...

Agreed lads, that it's the cold water that breaks off the trichs and the ice is just there to keep the water ice cold. I've found that if the mixture is too thick the stirring/whisking doesn't get right into the crevices of the bud and break off all the available trichs. So I agree with SYZYGY's recommendation of getting the fundamentals right by hand first. I must admit though, I skipped that bit the first time I used bubblebags and went straight to a whisk cause I couldn't be bothered lol  IMO if it's hard work it's not right, it's all in the feel. If I'm making it in my attic in summer the ice soon melts so I've learnt that putting less ice in and topping up as it melts is better than putting loads in to start with :yep: 

Thanks for the kind comments SYZYGY, much apreciated mate.

Fragg, if you've watched Frenchy you'll be aware of the bottle of hot water from the oven, works a treat for compressing and binding your dried hash. Makes it nice and squidgy ;) 

Here's some CMOG and The New mixed. I smoked the 160 on the left as soon as I made it, tasty as fuck and blew my head off. The 73 and 25 have been wrapped in cellophane and stashed away for a good cure. Will probably come out at Christmas to impress my closest friends, if they're allowed in lollol 

large.5fbad432ae0fa_DSC_1773E1R.jpg

• Like 13

@SYZYGY hello buddy. 

Million Dollar question how much is to much ice? Ha. Don't suppose you have any pics of how you layer the ice and plant material.?

Everything should be arriving this week. So fingers crossed I'll do run with all my first ever harvest (low grade) and bit trim together end this week. 

My plan is.

Line bucket with bags 

Small even bottom layer of ice

15cm layer of buds, layer of ice,

Layer of trim, layer of ice.

Top over with cold water.

Spin slowly with spoon for 15 mins. Letting vortex do the work. 

When I have cleaned my all my bags from the first run, do I keep the same water? And just add more ice?  Id pour it all in the 2nd bucket and then once I'd put the bags back in the first our the use water back through? Then top with extra ice. 

Sorry I'm a pain in the ass, it really helps me to try run through things in my mind first. 

Watch Frenchy videos what a guy!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Day 60 bloom.

Alright growers? Update for another 8 days on and things are still running ok. Feeds have been 1ml/L grow and 0.5ml/L molasses apart from one feed where I couldn't be arsed mixing the molasses so they just had 1 ml grow. Lost a few more leaves on the Purps over the week but decided to keep the grow feed the same. Purps was still getting 1.5L and the Scout's feed was raised to 2.3L as she's a thirsty lass. 

Average room temps for the week were 20-24C, root temps 21-22C and RH 49-54%. Not really too high a humidity at lights off so the extraction is still on the lowest speed to keep the temps ok. 

Canopy
Lovely sweet aromas when I open the tent and I can still smell the Scout at the back.

large.5fc2ab9e09c6f_canopyR.jpg

Purps#1
Couple of views of the whole plant and a couple of tops, one with the lamp on.

large.5fc2abc2f384e_P1(1)ER.jpg

large.5fc2abc67f066_P1(2)ER.jpg

large.5fc2abc81b04e_P1(3)ER.jpg

large.5fc2abcb660a5_P1(4)ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout
She hasn't produced much more purple but I love the light green colour of her buds. I'm hoping she'll be really tasty as she certainly looks it to me and smells lush. But so does the Purps :D 

large.5fc2abcd0c4a6_SS(1)ER.jpg

large.5fc2abd000f34_SS(2)ER.jpg

large.5fc2abd19ced6_SS(3)ER.jpg

That's all for now. happy growing, be lucky :lucky: 

• Like 11

@Fragg :cheers: mate. They seem to be taking their time ripening up, haven't seen any amber trichs yet after a quick look but I've not really been getting in there and having a good look. Maybe the low temps are slowing them but I don't mind waiting a bit longer. They're fattening up more now so won't be long :) 

• Like 4

i love you rgrowing style @jadenugs mate.always gorgeous plants you stumble upon to.and of course you know how to threat them.

i bought more sapphire seeds many others from dina and hso recently but because of you i must buy some purps too.that a beauty.

i love the 4th pic with the purps.the mylar background makes it look like there are small stars or pearls behind it.nice one

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 5

@ANTHONY13 Thankyou mate. I think you'll like the Purps#1, it's a nice relaxing smoke with a good head buzz which is smooth, my preferred type of high. Great for sleeping after the high has worn off a bit. All round good smoke :yep: but I'm going off the only pheno I've grown before this which was more indica in structure. This one is a lot more stretchy so I imagine it might be more in the head, we'll see :) Looking at how she's grown under just 365w of Led I wish she hadn't hermied earlier or I'd have tried a reveg. Still might yet but I'm not decided on my plans for the next grow yet and don't want too many plants on the go. :cheers: for popping in dude, always appreciated.

• Like 5

Day 68 bloom.

The girls were 68 days in bloom on Wednesday so here's an update for then. There's not much to report really, they've just been doing their thing and finishing up steadily. The Purps is still a bit ahead of the Scout. Two single late flower nanas appeared on the Purps on two separate colas so those were removed when I noticed them. They both smell amazing and I'm noticing a more fuelly aroma on top of the fruitiness coming from the Purps, compared to the last pheno I grew. The Scout is still smelling of sweet grapes but there's something else now, something fresh but I don't know what. 

Feeds were still every two days, 1.5L for the purps and 2.4L for the Scout. Both containing 1ml/L Intense Organix grow and 0.5ml/L molasses. The grow was changed to fish mix, still at 1ml/L on day 65 for less P. Then this was lowered to 0.5ml/L on day 67. 

Average room temps for the week were 20-24C, root temps 21-22C and RH 48-54%. Extraction fan still wired to slow speed. 

Images.
Sorry there's no canopy shot or full plant pics this update. I was concentrating on some close ups to see their trichs and stage of ripeness. I struggle with the loupe and find close up pics better for seeing details. 

Purps#1

large.5fcd44dd7eed5_P1(1)R.jpg

large.5fcd44df5495a_P1(2)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e10b975_P1(3)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e2c53cb_P1(4)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e45fd8b_P1(5)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e6062e9_P1(6)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e7aa163_P1(7)R.jpg

large.5fcd44e97589b_P1(8)R.jpg

Sapphire Scout.

large.5fcd44eb1adf4_SS(1)R.jpg

large.5fcd44eced2bf_SS(2)R.jpg

large.5fcd44ee8b9fc_SS(3)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f03bccb_SS(4)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f1d7067_SS(5)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f37fd0e_SS(6)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f519959_SS(7)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f6b1600_SS(8)R.jpg

large.5fcd44f85d183_SS(9R.jpg

large.5fcd44f9d9de5_SS(10)R.jpg

As you can see in the pics they're both about ready and just starting to show a couple of ambers, with the Scout a little bit behind, especially with the pistils dying back. They're four days on now and I'll probably leave them to see the week out and gain some more amber. Plus I've found immature seeds in my Taskentis so they will have to come down first. 

That's all for now. Happy growing, be lucky :lucky: 

• Like 11

i know its only the start of December but damn,, thats some serious frost going on there. 

i liked the purps, but my waistline didnt , gave me hella munchies. 

your specimens look fantastic, enjoy your harvest. 

• Like 4

@badbillybob Thanks mate, they smell beaut and I can't wait til they're dried and cured.

Haha, I know what you mean about the munchies Purps brings on. Uncontrolable make yourself sick munchies lol 

@Fragg Cheers mucka. I was gonna hang the whole plants for a really slow dry but it's quite cold up there in the attic so I'll probably pre trim and hang the stalks seperately as usual. They should still take at least 14 days. I'm hoping work is quiet this week so I can get on with it lol Glad you like the pics dude :smokin: 

• Like 3

Those are finishing up a treat @jadenugsmate, the Purp’s looking spot on man :notworthy: an the Sapphire Scout just making you wait for her time lol 

All pics look amazing bud, enjoy em. 
:yep:

• Like 3

@Amo That Sapphire Scout has been a teasing bitch from the start of flower. She's got me hooked tho and drooling with the wait lol 

Cheers dude :smokin: 

• Like 3