Dinafem Purps#1 and HSO sapphire Scout

jadenugs

@jadenugs yes i have seen it bud but to be honest i did not cook my ss to her maximum as i look back to that diary.

but i am sure you do her justice.

next year i will surely do a pheno hunt on that one.

• Like 4

Day 7 bloom.

Hi dudes, the girls were one week in bloom on Fri so it's time for an update :smokin: 

Had low temps for a couple of days during and after the switch so this might have slowed them a bit getting into gear. Lights on/off temps were close though and this resulted in them only stretching 4-6" across the whole tent. I've been ramping the lamp up steadily on both the red and blue dimmers, and maintaining a distance of 24". Was on a total of 220w at the time of this update. Also been dialling my oil rad, intake and leccy blanket to suit. This grow is trialling the lamp to see how it fares in a  a cold attic as winter comes so I'm documenting fine details of adjustments for reference, which can be found in my main diary if you're interested. Haven't the time to write it all down twice and I know peeps don't wanna read it twice :) 

Day 1
Removed a couple of shading fan leaves from both plants.

Day 2
Fed them 1.5L of 2nl/L root stim.

Day 4
Super cropped some tops on them both.
Fed the same again. 

Day 5
Pruned the lowers on both but very little came off the Purps, most lowers had pushed up through. Left a couple of big fans low down as usual for reading the plants. 

Day 6
Top dressed with 15g of Plagron bat guano 3-15-4 per pot and forked in to the top inch to prevent caking, before watering in with 1.5L of 2ml/L Shropshire seaweed and 1ml/L Runzyme. I would have been stopping the root stim soon anyway but replaced with seaweed now to make sure I have enough root stim for the next grow. Plus I like to give them the Shropshire occasionally through flower. Smells like there's molasses in there too. 

Day 7
No maintenance, just measured the stretch as mentioned earlier.

Average room temps for the week: 20-25C
Roots:  19-22C
RH: 48-56%

Purps#1.

large.5f7b780705280_P1(1)ER.jpg

large.5f7b78091a522_P1(2)ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout.

large.5f7b780b11566_SS(1)ER.jpg

large.5f7b780cf16b2_SS(2)ER.jpg

Canopy.
Purps in centre and Scout to the right of it. Not too bad after the first week but I assure you it won't look the same next week. Purps is going for it now lol 

large.5f7a64829b84e_canopyER.jpg

Thanks for looking and be  :lucky:

• Like 8

Looking good though mate despite the low temps, looks like you are dialling  in the temp difference with LEDs:yep:

I have an extra interest in the Purp#1 now as I picked up a pack from Attitude on your recommendation, along with a bunch of other stuff from Dinafem before I can’t :( 

• Like 3

@Fragg :cheers: bro

Yeh man,  I didn't plan on panic buying, just got the Dedos cause I need them in my stash lol But after reading more and talking to you I'm tempted to get some more Purps in and possibly some Blueberry cookies cause I've been wanting to grow that for a while. Got 3 P#1 beans left I think so I could grow them and keep a mum but back up beans in the freezer are more secure me thinks. I always struggle to find trusted mates to keep my mums going when I'm away. One of my mates murdered my fave Blues cut so I've not kept mums since. Time is healing my hurt though lol Plus I've got Blumats now.

Thanks for looking in dude :smokin: 

• Like 2

Day 14 bloom.

Day 14 was Friday and they'd got quite a bit of stretch on, mostly the Purps. Looks like I got the stretchy pheno.  

Day 8
Dialled the red up a bit, then the blue up to a total of 250w. The lamp distance, measured from the Purps in the middle was 21" so raised the lamp to 23". Removed two large fan leaves from P#1.
Fed them 1.5L of 2ml/L seaweed and 1m/L runzyme. 

Day 10
They were stretching a lot so i turned the red down by 15w and the blue up to total 280w. Raised the lamp again to 24".
Feed was the same.

Day 11
Turned the blue up further to 300w. Put some plant bendz on P#1 tops and removed two more fan leaves.

Day 12
Same feed. 

Day 13
Turned the blue fully up to 330w and left the red where it was. Raised the lamp to 24". 

Day 14
There was a bit of light bleaching on the upper leaves on a couple of other plants so I turned the blue back down to 280w, no adjustment to the red. Also room temps were dropping a bit so I slowed the extraction from my veg cab slightly to slow the tent intake.
Feed was the same but volumes raised a bit. P#1-1.6L SS-1.8L. 

Average room temps for the week: 22-25C
Roots: 20-22C
RH: 50-57%

Purps#1
As you can see, the Purps is straightening the plant bends on her tops lol Might have to employ some string at this rate as I've only got about 8" more head space to raise the lamp. The top dressing of 15g guano I gave them last week seems to be doing ok. I'm hoping to redress evry 2 weeks so I'll just have to keep a close eye on them to see if they need it sooner and maybe up the dose if they do. Sorry about the blueish tint to the pics, I forgot to set my white balance.

large.5f838abe31606_P1ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout
Looking a bit droopy cause they'd not long since been watered and the scout was overdue so taking a bit longer to perk up. 

large.5f838ac032679_SSER.jpg

Canopy
Purps in centre, scout to the right of it.
I expected the canopy wouldn't be so even this week but not too bad overall. Had to raise the back middle General's daughter on a tub and the Cherry pie that you can't see to the left of the Purps was already raised but needs raising again. She's got a mini scrog screen on. The two at the front are Taskenti, if you haven't seen my other diary. 

large.5f8389fb96afd_canopyER.jpg

Happy growing and be  :lucky:  

• Like 9

A picture of health! Lovely canopy too, those plant trainers look great. Can't say I've ever heard of Shropshire seaweed, amazing really, with it being landlocked lol 

Keep up the good work :thumsup:

• Like 2

I love your diaries @jadenugs,lots of useful info that I picked up and I still go back to some of them to remember things or just to compare the difference...like a template lol

I want to say a big thank you,I'm about to finish my first grow with Remo Chemo and Blue Kush and I'm so happy with the results.

Purps#1 is on my list so I'll watch this closely.

All the best mate:cheers:

• Like 3

@Shumroom cheers dude.

@KC Thanks mate. Yeah the plant bendz are good, really easy to use provided the stems are not too thick. I always wondered myself where the sea is in Shropshire lol Good stuff though :yep: 

@Văru' Thanks for the kind words mate. The diaries are good for my own reference too cause I'm very forgetful lol Glad you find them useful too. I take it you've seen my Remo diary then? The smoke was really strong, top shelf and the oil was debilitating :stoned: 

All the best dudes :v: 

• Like 3