Dinafem Purps#1 and HSO sapphire Scout

jadenugs

Purps#1 and Sapphire Scout.

Alright dudes? 

I'm doing a regs grow at the moment so I waited to see what females I ended up with before filling the room with feminised seeds. The original plan was 5 regs, hoping for 2 or 3 females and then fill the room with HSO fems and a couple more including Dinafem. The plan changed and I put more regs in and ended up with 5 females. I put a Dinafem Purps#1, Femaleseeds Cherry Pie, HSO Sapphire Scout and an HSO Mango Sapphire in to germinate and the MS failed. Put another in and that failed too. Now I didn't want to wait and try a 3rd as the regs were approaching way too long in 10cm pots without a root trim and I didn't want too many plants at different stages if I waited for another to germ, so I settled for 8 plants. Having only 1 of each, Dinafem and HSO, I couldn't decide which forum to document them in and seperate diaries would be too much work for 2 single plants. I've decided to document them both in here as I haven't done a Dinafem diary in a while so the Purps#1 will be the star of the show because she's one of my favorite smokes, only 2nd to some Afghani I bought way back in 96. I've been searching for the same stone ever since I started growing and P#1 comes very close if not equal to :) 

The beans were put in root riot cubes (wet from the bag) on 11th Aug with a couple ml of seaweed solution at 2ml/L added and were up in 3 days. They were then potted into 8cm pots of H&G Bat Special with a good sprinkling of MycorrMax. For some reason I haven't got pics of the new seedlings as they emerged or for week 1 so I'll have to start from day 14. I've never had seedlings stretch this tall in all my time growing (as far as I can remember) and the reason they did was...I'm trying out my new Magnus ML365 cob led with a dimmer switch for the blue and the far red. I've explained in my other diary but to cut a long story short I think the dimmer switch is wired the wrong way round, ie, the blue dial is controlling the far red and the red dial is controlling the blue light. I followed the manufacturer's instructions and it seems I had them under the lamp with the blue fully down and the red fully up because the controls are wrong. I thought something was amiss from the off when the light spread was a deep red, but I gave it a chance because I've no experience with this kind of lamp. They were like this for the best part of a week before I decided to take out the lamp and replace with an HLG quantum board to get the plants back on track while I scratched my head and sussed out the problem. Well I already knew what the problem was but I was pondering over whether it was safe to use or not. 

Day 14

Here they are with a little added support.

large.5f69266f336f7_P1SSER.jpg

P#1.

large.5f69267690e94_P1ER.jpg

SS.

large.5f69267a9f767_SSER.jpg

Day 21 pot up.
On day 21 I potted them up to their finals, 7L fabrics of Bat Special with added Mycos. I buried the stems a bit, but not too much that the root balls were too low in the pots.

Pre pot up.
P#1 on the left.

large.5f69275477d81_groupER.jpg

P#1 top view.

She's got that nice olive green colour of  PAK in veg but no doubt there'll be plenty of blues and purples later on.

large.5f6927856ed58_P1ER.jpg

P#1 roots.

large.5f6927b071e9e_P1(1)ER.jpg

P#1 potted up, pre watering in.

large.5f6927b6ae38a_P1(2)ER.jpg

SS top view.

large.5f6927ce9406e_SSER.jpg

SS roots.

large.5f6927d324a33_SS(1)ER.jpg

SS potted up, pre watering in.

large.5f6927d90743b_SS(2)ER.jpg

They were watered in with 500ml of 2ml/L @Intense Nutrients foundation root stim.

At some point (can't remember what age) when the trusty old quantum board had sorted them out I'd put the Magnuslight back in and tried the dimmer controls the opposite to what they should be and everything was hunky dory. The lamp was hung at 18" and set to 82w on my watt meter. Bingo, a much brighter pinkish light and no stretch :D 

Day 28.
They were fed with 1L of 2ml/L root stim on day 23. On day 24 I bent the tops over and tied them down. Fed again on day 26 with 1.5L of the same. This gave a trickle of run off. Temps have been 21-25 most of the time, roots a couple of degrees cooler. On the recent hot days we've had, 23-28 and again the roots a bit cooler. The lamp was still on 82w at about 20" since I bent em over. 

Purps#1.
Responding nicely to the LST.

large.5f69280068708_P128ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout.
Same again, responding nicely and very healthy.

large.5f6928022bcd0_SS28ER.jpg

Day 34 super crop.
I tried bending the tops over with plant bendz but the main stems were too thick for the bends so I super cropped them and tied them to a lower branch with pipe cleaners. I managed to get some bends on a couple of P#1 side branches but cracked the stem on one of them. I think it was the one top left in the pic, snapped just below the node that's below the plant bend. It's repaired itself ok though. This plant has strong limbs so should hold the weight of her buds nicely with no support. Depends on the stretch I suppose. There's two phenos I'm aware of and I got the short Indica one last time. This one is looking similar up until now. 

Purps#1.

large.5f69285644a6c_P1ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout.

large.5f692857db47e_SSER.jpg

Day 35.
There's no keeping these fuckers down. I have been tucking fan leaves under the lowers but they keep bouncing back up so I've had to remove one or two along the way to allow light through. 

Purps#1.

large.5f69289d80a99_P1ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout.
The middle leaflets on some of these fan leaves are 6cm wide :thisbig: Gonna be a strong plant me thinks :D 

large.5f69289f57a23_SSER.jpg

The environment has been nice and steady, no extremes. The lamp was set at 2' above the canopy and turned up to 111w after training them. Extractor fan wired to slow setting and also the circ fan on it's lowest setting. The circ fan is on a timer to go off at lights off 18/6. I think I've covered most details to get this diary started. They'll be 6 weeks old and 3 weeks in the finals on Friday so that's when I'm planning on flowering, if my regs don't get too big in the meantime.

Here's the full canopy, Purps is bang in the middle, Scout to the right of it.

large.5f67e77acf95a_canopyER.jpg

Thanks for looking, happy growing and be lucky :lucky: 

• Like 15

good luck with these.

im just finishing a purps#1, but it hasnt turned purple....im sure it will still be a decent smoke tho. 

your plants look happy and healthy, great job on them so far, the mango saphire is on my radar, ive read a lot of good things about it. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Gonna be a strong plant me thinks

good luck the rest of the way nugs,off to a beautiful start, nice selection of strains there going to be fabulous. :smokin:

sam

• Like 6

Pulling up a chair for this one mate:yep: You sure did stretch em lol Looking spot on now and very rich looking leaves should be a good flower show:headbang:

ATB with them:oldtoker:

• Like 5

Hey-up there again @jadenugs mate, really liking these long intro diary starts, might even have one in the process myself haha. 

As has been said already, cool strain selection, I have tried them both an liked em both, especially the Sapphire Scout real nice uppy high an with loads a taste an aroma. I did stunt the Mango Sapphire though so needa try it again, but was still a good toke. 

Seat selected up front for the view. :yep:

• Like 3

On 22/09/2020 at 1:33 AM, jadenugs said:
On 22/09/2020 at 1:33 AM, jadenugs said:

large.5f69266f336f7_P1SSER.jpg

We get people walking in the mountains like this with sticks ... they look like twats but I like your plants :smokin:

• Like 6

nice one @Geoff i was laughing hard mate:)

@jadenugs good to see u back at business mate.

you gonna love the sapphire scout am sure.hardcore smoke that is:skin_up:

tagging along for sure for the rest of it.sure u will be ok:)

• Like 3

@Geofflol Ah that will be the yuppy sticks that go with their filofax. They never seem to do owt with them, must be a fashion accessory eh.

@ANTHONY13 Cheers Anth mate. I was intrigued by your Sapphire Scout scrogg. Check my last post on your diary ;) 

@UKsFinest Thanks bud. Have you heard the latest on Dinafem/HSO/Lamota situation?  Seen the news on Insta a few days ago so was straight onto Attitude  for what I was after, just in case they don't get this sorted :yep: 

• Like 2

Yeah I heard hopefully they can work it out I couldn't make heads or tails of it to be honest so notu sure what's going to happen. I'm gonna put a order in next week for something probably be the sapphire scout and og cookies 

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 1

Day 42 veg, day 0 bloom.

Update time. They were big enought to flower on Fri so I changed the timers. Not done much else with them apart from a bit more LST to the Purps and removed a couple of shading leaves. 

Day 36.
I placed some individual screens on them to flatten the highest tops and allow  lowers to catch up a bit. Took them back off after a day. 

Day 38.
Tied one of the Purps tops over to allow more light in and fill a gap in the canopy.
Fed them 1.5L of 2ml/L root stim and 1/4ml/L Plant Aid. 

Day 40.
Removed an upper shading fan leaf from each to allow more light in. 

Day 41.
Fed them the same again.
They'd grown up a few inch towards the lamp so I raised it back to 24" and turned it up to 120w. 

Day 42.
Set the lamp and circ fan timers to 12/12.
Turned the blue dimmer up to 150w and the red up halfway. Total of 167w.
Plant tops 20" from the floor and I checked the lamp was still at 24" above the canopy. Average temps for the week 22-25C, roots 20-22C but getting a touch lower by day 42. RH 54-59%  

Purps#1.

large.5f6fc61342e39_P1(1)ER.jpg

large.5f6fc61508ab9_P1(2)ER.jpg

Sapphire Scout.

large.5f6fc6170e311_SS(1)ER.jpg

large.5f6fc618de54a_SS(2)ER.jpg

Canopy.
Purps in the middle, Scout to the right of it. Let the stretch commence and the flowers unfold :) 

large.5f6fc630ab899_canopyday87-42ER.jpg

That's all for now.
be lucky :lucky: 

• Like 11

@Fragg :cheers: mate :smokin: 

I was tempted to scrogg them all individually but left it too late. They were too wide for the screens which are cut at 30x30cm.  Thought about still doing it and tying the outer branches to the outside edge of the screens  but then I'd have had to fuck about super cropping the outside ones. That would have made them even wider so fucked it off lol These 2 should be cool as they are, I'm just hoping the GD's trained flat will hold their weight on the outer branches.

• Like 2