Vape vs Joint?

GrowingViking

On 30/09/2020 at 10:14 PM, MC2 said:

Anyway. Whatever I try, differing temperatures, different weed/hash/grinding, various sucking techniques i still get nothing like as stoned as I do with three tokes on a pipe. And I've really tried. I've vaped all evening...using a whole battery charge many nights and still I have to go out and have a toke on the pipe to get to nirvana.

I've googled all over the place for this and have been stumped... almost everyone seems to think vaping gets them more stoned than smoking the stuff. The only possible explanation I've found is that my tolerance might be too high.... but I find that very hard to believe. It seems unlikely I smoke more dope than most people here who use vapes.

What gives? Any idea?

You been getting high off asphyxiation mate

Its the same as being choked during sex... if that helps...

Edited by ScapeGoat
  • Like 5

When you vape you dont get the carbon monoxide effect that you get with smoking.

An example of this would be first cig of the day for a smoker will give you a proper head spinny baccy rush, now try a high nicotine vape, you dont get the same wobbly head rush, thats the carbon monoxide from smoking.

When you vape you only feel the effects of the cannabis, when you smoke theres other things going on !

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 6

For a combustion toker buying their first vape, I would always advise a wired desktop vape that can go from 0 to combustion, so you can taper off, ...from smoke to vapour.

On my setup I can hit combustion at just 60% power on the dial, even less if I really need.

I though the Mighty was just ok for a short time, it was about the minimum power I can accept.

Edited by nop

We are approaching a full moon. The best time to quit habits. I didn’t plan mine on the full moon but looked back at the date 18july 2019.. could just be a coincidence. 

It’s funny when people tell us you can’t beat a good old joint or blunt. Coming from a guy who used to smoke morning until night.... you guys (probably majority of the users on here) sound insane! But I totally get it. I was in that crowd once the same way as with those who eat takeaways and drink alcohol lol.

each to their own I guess.

IME I get to enjoy my health and get high so vaping is a win win. 

ever since I started using the volcano I get through a lot more bud so I retract my comment about saving cash on stash! 

f***combustion dot com was a good forum resource and quite informative. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ScapeGoat said:

We are approaching a full moon. The best time to quit habits. I didn’t plan mine on the full moon but looked back at the date 18july 2019.. could just be a coincidence. 

It’s funny when people tell us you can’t beat a good old joint or blunt. Coming from a guy who used to smoke morning until night.... you guys (probably majority of the users on here) sound insane! But I totally get it. I was in that crowd once the same way as with those who eat takeaways and drink alcohol lol.

each to their own I guess.

IME I get to enjoy my health and get high so vaping is a win win. 

ever since I started using the volcano I get through a lot more bud so I retract my comment about saving cash on stash! 

f***combustion dot com was a good forum resource and quite informative. 

I've found using balloons to save a bit on the amount of bud I get through works and the 'recycled' tastes are very nice :)

Best strain for vaping? I gotta admit I’ve been limited to hazes and they all taste freaking great.

Even shitty bud tastes great in my vape!

• Like 1

We all have such different tastes, i sometimes rip open a pinner and remake it thinner just to get that purrfect schmoak. The mighty vape is here but have not used it since last time in summer.

But here, thanks to thread shall go and try a blasht . .

Gotta say . . . The vape is a a delicious surprise, a face full of spicy organic herb . . Yum Yum and a warm cough clear the chest with Cali herbal action and . . .i'm seeing stars!:thumsup:

Definitely has perked up the humour big time :D good to mix both joints and vapes, enjoy it while it lasts.

large_new.jpglarge_new2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 10:14 PM, MC2 said:

I'm not sure how to interpret your post joba but if the result is you're free of cancer and can still get stoned.... well fucking done!

Was going to start a thread about vaping but maybe here is best... vaping does not seem to work for me... sadly.

I generally smoke pipes. Most nights, with a few beers.

Cleaning the black shit out of the pipe and advancing age has got me worried so I bought a vape... a Herbstick Relax FyHit... from Vapeelevate... which seemed the best choice for someone just starting out with vaping.

Anyway. Whatever I try, differing temperatures, different weed/hash/grinding, various sucking techniques i still get nothing like as stoned as I do with three tokes on a pipe. And I've really tried. I've vaped all evening...using a whole battery charge many nights and still I have to go out and have a toke on the pipe to get to nirvana.

I've googled all over the place for this and have been stumped... almost everyone seems to think vaping gets them more stoned than smoking the stuff. The only possible explanation I've found is that my tolerance might be too high.... but I find that very hard to believe. It seems unlikely I smoke more dope than most people here who use vapes.

What gives? Any idea?

Only the expense vapes are any good in my opinion. I’ve had loads of cheap ones and have always been underwhelmed.  If you buy a volcano I guarantee you will get just as high as any pipe, bong, blunt or joint can get you. 

• Like 3

Don't know... Never had really expensive vaps, but the small VapCap is plenty enough for me. Going as high, and more than with my old joints, and with a lot less weed. Just pulled the trigger for an IH, as my torch begins to give signs of weakness (bought a correct one though, a Prince Pocket) and I don't want to be stuck with a unusable vapcap, even for one night !!

• Like 1

Does anyone use the Might or any other vaporiser by connecting it to a waterpipe/bong?

Seems like a good idea to cool the vapor through water and pick up some moisture mist to inhale and soothe the battered lungs :flex:

• Like 2

Life is ever changing, am having a wonderful new time with the vaporiser;) a new appreciation and very glad to have it nearby. It's been rarely used and got it originally while suffering a nasty flu four years ago, having flu is a great reason to stop tobacco, it's like smoking rough ol' chilli peppers leaves or such.

Unfortunately having bronchitis or early covid makes smoking pinners unbearable, cough cough cough :nope: phew, it's just not happening :ouch:

So looked over and tried the Vape and  WOW!! It's Lovely :hug:lol With the added bonus of appreciating the flavours of delicious organic cured buds.

See, when the lungs recover one just goes back to the smokey ways but now it's obvious that the Vape is safer and the good weed works very well inside

it's just that pinners seem to give a deeper meaning or something :mmmmmmm:. . .

But seriously, it seems like a good idea to give the lungs a break from smoking, the ego head may disagree but the body head nods in approval, be kind to ones lungs for a while and give them a chance to detox and rest from a constant smokey atmosphere.

Actually, to be honest, it's a very grateful feeling to still be able to have any Cannabis to enjoy, every second counts.;)

• Like 3

Vape wins hands down Lungs wise, Dont have the smokers cough in the morn since swapping to vape's (still have the rare cheeky spiff now n then though )

• Like 4