Vape vs Joint?

GrowingViking

Hey

Considering buying a vape but they don’t look like you can pack much weed in there. 

I don’t smoke tobacco really, so when I roll I’ll just fill a king skin with bud only. This will surely see me through an evening! 

Do the vapes have a better impact or is it worth just sticking with the ancient caveman method of fire? 

Vapes take a bit of getting used to. It seems to take longer to take effect and if you smoke in the volumes you do then you will need to fill it several times . 

Overall I would prefer to smoke pipes but the mrs hates the stink on my breath and that seems to prevent her sucking my dick for some strange reason !! so I stick to the vape unless she is out for the day :oldtoker:

• Like 7

There will definitely be some time adjusting to it , it isn't the same as smoking at all

and in my experience some people just don't get on with it

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2020 at 7:51 PM, Budelaire said:

Plenty you can shoehorn about 2g in.

Had Mighty in my Amazon shopping basket until the price went up something like £26 recently. fml!

I currently have a Ghost MV1 and a Classic Volcano which was gifted to me but not used the Volcano yet! 

@GrowingViking

I quit smoking (weed + tobacco) July 2019 and honestly its one of the best ever decisions I've made in my life as smoking was not doing my body much justice.

No more brown sticky phlegm in the sink every morning or in the bins! So much more energy and I can stand around in public and nobody has a clue.

Ghost can be a bit heavy to carry around though so maybe get a Pax for portability or just wait for the tech to get better and the devices to drop in price. 

As for the bowl size in my Ghost, I can get 0.2g in there. 

I used to smoke about 3.5g or more a day. Your intake of weed will dramatically reduce as its much more efficient.

- this is because you are not combusting anything... in fact there is a lot more info on 'fuckcombustion' forums. (I hope I didn't break any rules posting that but if I did I will edit it out)

Even vaping can have adverse effects on health but nowhere near as bad as smoking as burning changes the composition of the compounds which you grew into harmful death-fuckeries. You will also experience less anxiety if thats an issue.

The cool thing about the ghost is that you could buy extra 'crucibles' which are external and load in separately whereas most vapes have a built in chamber. 

This means you can leave loads of them to soak in alcohol for cleaning while the others are loaded and ready to go. Also spare battery + heat sink is recommended. (they sent me those free!)

The not so cool thing is that Apple have banned all vaping apps from the app store so the custom settings are no longer changeable and to add insult to injury the Ghost Vapes went bust a little while ago so no support!

I'm a bit of a health nut so I'll probably be posting a guide soon on how to stop smoking the easy way - which does NOT cause you to gain weight and get stressed or crave a smoke.

you will need: 

- Watch Alan Carr's video on Stopping smoking. (on YT dated back in 2012) - This will prepare your mindset. 

- B vitamins complex (combat fatigue , irritability , mood etc)

- Stress free environment 

- DPLA , l-tyrosine, Mucana Pruriens (to trick your brain into thinking you satisfied and got a smoke sensation)

- high quality fish oil (fuel for the body and brain you should be taking this anyway or eating fish)

This protocol should be followed BEFORE, DURING and AFTER you quit until you are stable.

You would be surprised how easy it is - fuck those baccy companies off :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ScapeGoat said:

Had Mighty in my Amazon shopping basket until the price went up something like £26 recently. fml!

I currently have a Ghost MV1 and a Classic Volcano which was gifted to me but not used the Volcano yet! 

@GrowingViking

I quit smoking (weed + tobacco) July 2019 and honestly its one of the best ever decisions I've made in my life as smoking was not doing my body much justice.

No more brown sticky phlegm in the sink every morning or in the bins! So much more energy and I can stand around in public and nobody has a clue.

Ghost can be a bit heavy to carry around though so maybe get a Pax for portability or just wait for the tech to get better and the devices to drop in price. 

As for the bowl size in my Ghost, I can get 0.2g in there. 

I used to smoke about 3.5g or more a day. Your intake of weed will dramatically reduce as its much more efficient.

- this is because you are not combusting anything... in fact there is a lot more info on 'fuckcombustion' forums. (I hope I didn't break any rules posting that but if I did I will edit it out)

Even vaping can have adverse effects on health but nowhere near as bad as smoking as burning changes the composition of the compounds which you grew into harmful death-fuckeries. You will also experience less anxiety if thats an issue.

The cool thing about the ghost is that you could buy extra 'crucibles' which are external and load in separately whereas most vapes have a built in chamber. 

This means you can leave loads of them to soak in alcohol for cleaning while the others are loaded and ready to go. Also spare battery + heat sink is recommended. (they sent me those free!)

The not so cool thing is that Apple have banned all vaping apps from the app store so the custom settings are no longer changeable and to add insult to injury the Ghost Vapes went bust a little while ago so no support!

I'm a bit of a health nut so I'll probably be posting a guide soon on how to stop smoking the easy way - which does NOT cause you to gain weight and get stressed or crave a smoke.

you will need: 

- Watch Alan Carr's video on Stopping smoking. (on YT dated back in 2012) - This will prepare your mindset. 

- B vitamins complex (combat fatigue , irritability , mood etc)

- Stress free environment 

- DPLA , l-tyrosine, Mucana Pruriens (to trick your brain into thinking you satisfied and got a smoke sensation)

- high quality fish oil (fuel for the body and brain you should be taking this anyway or eating fish)

This protocol should be followed BEFORE, DURING and AFTER you quit until you are stable.

You would be surprised how easy it is - fuck those baccy companies off :) 

Cheers for the detailed response man.

I fucked off tobacco a long time ago. I don’t really get much in the way of chesty coughs from smoking just weed but I can’t imagine it to be very healthy either way. It’d be nice to have an alternative!

I’ll check out some of those vapes though for sure. Even if I only use it once and it sits next to my bong forever I will have at least tried lol 

It's different there is no two ways about it. Which is probably for best. I find I can be lot more functional under a vape high then full on blunt stone.

I found water piece/bong adapter and mighty got me as high a blunt or joint. But sometimes convenience and speed is key. This hit to spot for year or so and made me kick tobacco.

Recently I've mostly been using the dynavap for speed and smoking blunts for relaxing knockout. 

• Like 2

@ScapeGoat

that bit about lowering your intake while vaping was true at the start,after about 3 months I developed tolerance,got used to it and now I can easy do 5g a day on my volcano as I am not having sore through,no cough,can do the full balloon in 3 drags

To the OP,

some people will never be able to fully switch to vaping as @Degsymentioned.Same goes for tabacoo smokers-not everyone can switch to ecig,in my opionion some people are actually addicted to other carcinogens in their smoke not nicotine itself,same goes for bud.

I have few mates who when I bring my volcano will use it as a novelty thing but will always skin a joint later.I actually done some research in my closed circle and it seems to be the 'high' is different and the second issue is -rituals-some just love to roll a joint,light it have a drag or two,put it down,takes them sometimes half a day to fisnish it.

On the other hand I prefer to put the same amount as they do in the joint,and do it in 3 drags on my ballon.If I want slow release I will have an edible or oil

• Like 4

I thought about moving to a vape a month or so back...then I came across the wise words of wisdom from Slow Burn :rofl::notworthy:

"Weed vaporisation is the alternative to smoking that avoids the production  of irritating toxic and  carcinogenic byproducts by heating the ganja so it's active compounds boil off into a vapour.....

Boil off into a vapor, man who the fuck wrote this shit....

Man, fuck all that. Look, Check it out, there's only two ways to smoke this shit. The right way and the wrong way. And the right way is like they say in the Bible....roll that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit. They didn't say nothing about plug it up in the pipe and all that, vaporise and make it disappear...come on...."

I'll keep considering it for a while longer but I'm looking for something portable that will also do hash very well...without spending too much. Tough ask at the moment and there are only a couple of vapes I would choose from. Like @joba said I enjoy my rituals. A short and fat strong hash joint with mildly dry drum tobacco will always take me to a special happy place that's different to other highs. It's the sensory experiences that make different highs for me and there is a time and place for them all.

Peace :smokin:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

I thought about moving to a vape a month or so back...then I came across the wise words of wisdom from Slow Burn :rofl::notworthy:

"Weed vaporisation is the alternative to smoking that avoids the production  of irritating toxic and  carcinogenic byproducts by heating the ganja so it's active compounds boil off into a vapour.....

Boil off into a vapor, man who the fuck wrote this shit....

Man, fuck all that. Look, Check it out, there's only two ways to smoke this shit. The right way and the wrong way. And the right way is like they say in the Bible....roll that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit. They didn't say nothing about plug it up in the pipe and all that, vaporise and make it disappear...come on...."

I'll keep considering it for a while longer but I'm looking for something portable that will also do hash very well...without spending too much. Tough ask at the moment and there are only a couple of vapes I would choose from. Like @joba said I enjoy my rituals. A short and fat strong hash joint with mildly dry drum tobacco will always take me to a special happy place that's different to other highs. It's the sensory experiences that make different highs for me and there is a time and place for them all.

Peace :smokin:

i was the same as you ,just loved my bongs.After my cancer diagnoses I had another scan and they found 3mm 'node' on my lung....said nothing to worry about,could be a scar from overcoming some infectious disease but will keep an eye on that.

That was 2 years ago in February I remember it like now,had stashed £300 away for my new year gym membership but bought volcano right away.

anyway,2 scans later and the 'node'/'scar' was gone.

I had a kidney cancer and the next place it usually spreads is the lungs-bones-brain.....

hence me panic buying volcano but never look back since-actually had a tiny spliff couple of times while out on LSD,coudn't bring my volcano and didn't want to ruin the fun for others

• Like 6

I'm not sure how to interpret your post joba but if the result is you're free of cancer and can still get stoned.... well fucking done!

Was going to start a thread about vaping but maybe here is best... vaping does not seem to work for me... sadly.

I generally smoke pipes. Most nights, with a few beers.

Cleaning the black shit out of the pipe and advancing age has got me worried so I bought a vape... a Herbstick Relax FyHit... from Vapeelevate... which seemed the best choice for someone just starting out with vaping.

Anyway. Whatever I try, differing temperatures, different weed/hash/grinding, various sucking techniques i still get nothing like as stoned as I do with three tokes on a pipe. And I've really tried. I've vaped all evening...using a whole battery charge many nights and still I have to go out and have a toke on the pipe to get to nirvana.

I've googled all over the place for this and have been stumped... almost everyone seems to think vaping gets them more stoned than smoking the stuff. The only possible explanation I've found is that my tolerance might be too high.... but I find that very hard to believe. It seems unlikely I smoke more dope than most people here who use vapes.

What gives? Any idea?

• Like 1

Probably not hot enuf to vaporize the full spectrum, and the low level hypoxia you get from smoking 

That's one of the reasons why I recommend the Vapcap or a butane vape to new vapers making the switch as you can go as close to.combustion as you like consistently. And you can hold your breath afters if you really want the hypoxia lol

I tried a few considerably more expensive vapes trying to make the switch and didn't get that hit I was looking for 'til I cooked the weed quite dark with a Vapcap (much darker than I do now I've not smoked for a few years) 

• Like 5

must be 25 years since i smoked a joint, 3 years since i stopped smoking pipes/bongs moved to vapes and they sure blow me away, i use a volcano and boundless have a spirit coming tomorrow, nice to alternate bubblehash and bud.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MC2 said:

What gives? Any idea?

It takes me about half a king sizer to get mashed usually, but when I vape I need to use way more weed. It might be because I don't fully use the vape, I only like setting one and two (pax2). I kept taking the piss out of vaping so my mate loaded up a party bag in his volcano. I'll not deny I was mashed but it was a whole party bag, it was one he cut to size but lets just say it would be about the size of a 15ltr bin bag. God knows how much weed was in it.

I wish I could give up smoking but at the moment i'm not a convert

• Like 1