Vape vs Joint?

GrowingViking

On 10/9/2020 at 5:58 PM, joba said:

I have tried,had couple of drags on neet weed ones and yuk,didn't ejoy it one bit,horrible taste.

Actually having the Mighty vape here now and it is such a pleasant surprise, the Cannabis tastes so wholesome, satisfying, complex and so wonderously pleasant on the palette and throat & lungs, tastes quite healthy, fully herbal, very different - totally different around the sinuses and healthy all the while, very positive and beneficial aannnnndd. . .:kwasny:(:D) a pleasant creeping joyous effect behind the eyes, herbal relaxation taking effect via the sinuses, very pleasant and effective.

Weed is 1 year in jar and has transformed itself somehow, smoking it is a good smoke but vaping it now it's very complex and delicious, all a big surprise since being stuck on pinners since last christmas, t'was good enough but now it's superb to have the vaporiser on again :toot:

ETA:- Yukk :yuck: Just took a puff from a pure pinner , nice strong organic herbal weed cured but you know what?...?

It tastes like picking up piece of charred roof rafter :ghost: and smoking it!  Tastes like a burning house fire, yukk

but then have a swig of tea and an other puff and it tastes a bit better and so it must go, but it does'nt taste healthy but rather deadly of sorts.

i'm going to have move vape here for a while instead.:yep:

Edited by schmoak
Comparison
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 10:51 AM, MC2 said:

and i have to keep sucking all night!

:rofl:  Pardon me but i laugh with you :yep: . I did'nt use the vaporiser much yesterday or today at all due to mild chest cramps (associated with vacuum like sucking) which have eased since cessation of vaping. I'll just go a:woot:head and have one now to fill the head with Cannabis essence, it's yum! but not for hoaking and huffing, panting and puffing with, oh noes :fear:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Vape or joint? Out of those two I'd go with vaping probably something like 95% of the time. But I'm usually a bong guy, particularly at home. Although I do own a couple of vapes for More discreet use and using cannabis on the go.

• Like 1

Always been a bong guy but recently switched to vape since a 6 month break.

Not going back. I'm really enjoying the vape. I will smoke a J or bong occasionally though for nostalgia 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Id suggest anyone struggling to get off spliffs but cant get on with vaping try cannabutter, i have never been as wasted in my life !

While I couldn't agree well enough with you on the potency of cannabutter, for me at least it's not a replacement for a bif.  For me the niceness of a bif is more than just the effect, it's the whole rolling procedure that has it's own habit :) 

Maybe I might smoke a bit less when I've had too much canna food and I'm too wasted to roll tho lol  but I guess that still counts as cuttin down eh :) 

I tend to bounce inbetween smoking and vaping, or I just do both as the effects mix well.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Id suggest anyone struggling to get off spliffs but cant get on with vaping try cannabutter, i have never been as wasted in my life !

Eating it rocks :)

Make some cannabutter.

Use that to make buttery cookies, or brownies, or flapjacks.

It's almost an hallucinogen, if you get it just right lol

I mostly just smoke pure weed single skinners and they are fine for me. Takes a bit of getting used to if you were a baccy/weed mix joint smoker (those old-school 3 skinners with a whole fag - usually Benson and Hedges and some gold/red seal crumbled on top lol that was my first 5 years of being a toker in the late 1980s Chester lol )

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Nothing comes close to the satisfaction of a good toke on a big fat pure joint.. 

There is no replacement :smokin:

10 years ago id fully agree but now id be sick :puke:

How times change ey !

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Boojum said:

It's almost an hallucinogen, if you get it just right lol

Ive been in some right states this year on the butter or the oil ! 

1 thing with vaping or smoking is being able to regulate, i make butter now but trying to judge a blob of thick sticky oil on the back of a biscuits hard work !

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 2

And regarding bongs, I remember in my yoof friends putting ice cubes in them, or putting the bong in the freezer, to 'cool it down'.

:nea:

If you want a really smooth bong that doesn't make you cough then fill it with warm water. Not HOT, not make a cuppa tea hot. But warm enough that it's giving off some steam. Cold bongs rag the back of your throat cos the suff you're inhaling is dry (cos cold has much lower humidity) and that makes you cough :yuck: Lukewarm water, warm enough to be a bit steamy, that gets rid of any harshness from the weed, cos it doesn't dry out your throat ;) Trust me, lukewarm, a bit steamy water in the bong won't rag your throat/chest and make you cough, honest :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

I stopped all smoke related activities in 2015, during a nasty chest infection. Vape my ass off but no more combustion. Treat yourself to a Crafty Plus, you won't regret it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Ive been in some right states this year on the butter or the oil ! 

1 thing with vaping or smoking is being able to regulate, i make butter now but trying to judge a blob of thick sticky oil on the back of a biscuits hard work !

It's a totally differnt buzz IMHO. Love eating it (or drinking it in canna hot chocolate lol or stuff like that - cooked in butter to decarb it or whatever then eating it). With smoking I can get stoned/high, even really stoned/high. But there seems to be a threshold where I can't get any higher. Eating it (if you eat enough) is a bit like low dose shrooms, there's that trippy thing, but also kinda mellow :) Different to the smoking/vaping buzz, less 'high' more trippy, but mellow, relaxed trippy :) That's how it works for me at least.

• Like 1

Ummm. I think a small shot of alcohol tips it into the next dimension, especially if eating it on an empty stomach.

I've got to grips with my Herbstick now. Four things.

1) Clean it out more than once a week (if you vape everyday)

2) Only half fill it

3) Make sure you fill it with something that burns easily.

4) Set if to 220 degrees to get the best out of your dope (this means it does smell so don't try to get away with smoking it in the lounge with your family as either they'll suss you or think you have a bad case of vegetable smelling flatulence) 

4) Accept that the high is just not the same as joints or pipe/bongs etc. It's a lot less 'monged' but still powerful in its own way.

Luckily (?) for me I didn't cure my home grown very well and it's a bit too dry... which seems to make it work much better in my vape.

I'm a bit sold now.

• Like 1