Vape vs Joint?

GrowingViking

I like that vaping creates less smell. It dissipates faster than billowy clouds of ganj smoke so i use a vape when I'm in situations where I can't smoke a joint. If you vape for a few days and although it doesn't seem to get you as high or high in exactly the same way as combusted, it does take the edge off and going back to smoking joints feels unnatural and unhealthy. I still prefer joints but am trying to use the vape to ease the pressure I'm putting on my lungs which post 40, I think is not a bad idea in terms of my flipping longevity.

Edited by Mestizo
  • Like 4

I've been off weed for at least 5 years until this year.  Just finished my first grow and bought a Dynavap M as I don't want to go back to smoking spliffs.   

I find that I can vape capful after capful and feel only mildly stoned.  Either my first grow is weak, vaping isn't cutting it or a combo of the 2.  I've got a 2nd grow a few weeks away from finish, which will give me 4 strains in total to pick from. 

If I can't get suitably stoned off any of these 4 then I need to have a complete rethink on how I consume.

• Like 1

Cap of dynavap or mighty capsule at 5pm to take the edge off, then raw skin blunt about 8 and we're done. Happy days. 

This allows me to stay somewhat functional and present until 8, then I can mong there after. Which keeps all happy I hope. 

I can also tell the difference in my eyes, after one cap or capsule my eyes don't look red at all, after the blunt I get red eye to fuck.

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BudJ said:

I've been off weed for at least 5 years until this year.  Just finished my first grow and bought a Dynavap M as I don't want to go back to smoking spliffs.   

I find that I can vape capful after capful and feel only mildly stoned.  Either my first grow is weak, vaping isn't cutting it or a combo of the 2.  I've got a 2nd grow a few weeks away from finish, which will give me 4 strains in total to pick from. 

If I can't get suitably stoned off any of these 4 then I need to have a complete rethink on how I consume.

You are pretty much in the same boat as me (first grow, just bought first vape) except that I've consumed dope for around 45 years. Normally I buy it from a dark market and eat it and/or use a pipe. I must stop the pipe and eating it only works very well (i.e. effectively and pretty instantly) if I combine it with alcohol on an empty stomach so vaping looked like the way to go but my new Herbstick FyHit definitely does got get me anywhere near as high as any other method... and i have to keep sucking all night! I'm not about to splash out on a volcano (i like my vapes to be small, inexpensive and surreptitious) so need to find another way to get stoned.

At the moment all I'm left with is alcohol/eating combo unless....... cannabis beer!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/22/it-hits-you-very-quickly-canada-brews-first-cannabis-beer

Decades ago we used to make beer with magic mushrooms. It was totally great. Very gently simmering the mushrooms got rid of whatever it is in mushrooms that screws up your stomach and combining the resulting juice with homebrew at the bottling stage produced a normal tasting lager that instantly got you tripping with the cleanest, most 'up', intense three-hour trip you could imagine (with great visuals). 

Maybe cannabis beer is the way to go.  :-)

• Like 3

Hey guys

For anyone who cares, I got the Black Mamba dry herb vape for around £30 and I’m enjoying it! The taste is different and I’m getting used to it but it definitely does the job. One bowl and I feel great, two and I’m feeling real

great lol 

Definitely a day time addition to the herbal arsenal! 

• Like 1

Both! Plus eating it too!! But just wanted to recommend smoking pure pinners rather than joints, just find the best vars that suit your needs and smoke pinners and use the vape too as required or just use the vape. . .

I'm going to try eating it, that's the next step.

P.S. I've been puffing a way on a single pinner for the last 1 1/2 hours!  am delightfully high :D

• Like 3

On 01/10/2020 at 8:30 AM, growinggold said:

I can also tell the difference in my eyes, after one cap or capsule my eyes don't look red at all, after the blunt I get red eye to fuck.

How much are you putting in the blunt ? A dynavap only takes 0.2g, 2 cap fulls on the dynavap see's me right.

Ive heard if your struggling to transition from smoking to vaping have a week off in-between.

I hear lots of smokers struggling with vapes but i think a lot are struggling because they like the smoke ! If 0.4 in a vape doesnt affect you but the same weed in a blunt does somethings going wrong somewhere technique maybe or maybe its psychological?

How does the weed look after its been vaped is it brown or still greenish ?

• Like 2

@LA LUNA  i think its the fact i am using my home grown now which isnt as strong as dealer i use to get.

the fact i use smaller amount in the cap is the issue. dont get me wrong it gets me stoned. just not cained.

Im using the cap correctly getting brown waste ect.  and tbh ur right i do love process and high of combustion. 

Hopefully as my skills get better i will switch back to vape 24/7. If you look at the latest post on my diary below ive just chopped my 3rd grow there is remarkable step up. 

So in 3 months time im hopeful to be vape only again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, growinggold said:

@LA LUNA  i think its the fact i am using my home grown now which isnt as strong as dealer i use to get.

the fact i use smaller amount in the cap is the issue. dont get me wrong it gets me stoned. just not cained.

Yes try 2, 1 after the other or a blob of bubble hash in there as well, you can definitely get cained !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

I hear lots of smokers struggling with vapes but i think a lot are struggling because they like the smoke

Well said, I was literally struggling/strangling by using the vape as a 'smoking joints' replacement which was what I intended it to be but they're really very different.  Imagine that pure a pure joint ( preferably a pinner ) which has been rolled and smoked with care can actually supply similar vapors as what the the vaporiser does, in addition the approaching fireball transforms the remaining cannabis into a new unique 'Carnnabinoid' chemical compound which is what vapers lack and feel needy for, it's the  Carbonized  Cannabinoids :dev:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, joba said:

@schmoak

kind of carcicannabiodol :skull:

:mellow: Well said, i guess for people who are unable to smoke due to health reasons then vaping may be as close to smoking as they will get, if as mentioned it's critical to 'Not Smoke' joints, pipes... combustion!

I just use a portable mighty from time to time, got one after a flu to be extra kind to the lungs, (no flu's since quitting tobacco) but it's an occasional aide and i would'nt recommend it to some one of a high consummation or weak chest or big demands, so the smoking seems convenient if the vaporiser won't deliver the  :magic: magic.  But there's another option being the big proper vaporisers which have a fan assist to fill a bag and water cooled/filtered bong type vaporisers that sit on the coffee table, that would be ideal, to acclimatize to a desktop coffeeshop style vaporiser and just have the occasional smoke in a bong . . . cone's? on a friday night or sunday afternoon as a special treat?:D

• Like 2

@schmoak

I have tincture during the day and vape desktop vaporizer at home,these days trying to vape or use canna only in the evenings.

Joint would not be a treat once you properly start to appreciate the vape,I have tried,had couple of drags on neet weed ones and yuk,didn't ejoy it one bit,horrible taste.

When I was a smoker I never smoked tabacoo inside and the second hand smoke didn't smell nice to me either,was on 10 a day for 5 years in early twenties.

I actually dread something would happen to my volcano,if that happened I would have a break-I did do last 2 weeks without bud vaping so no biggie, but I do miss the few bags before bed to finsih me off instead of dropping another edible or oil down

• Like 1

Though I am sure many would enjoy a joint from this wonderful man. It is perhaps the most interesting 30 minutes you will see. I met a few people in India like this guy. Never a dull moment

• Like 3