Vape vs Joint?

GrowingViking

9 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I smoke neat joints, usually the 1 and 3/4 size papers, and I honestly struggle to feel anything from most vapes. The only ones that do anything noticeable cost as much as my whole grow setup, and even with them I have to suck on it like a clucking hooker lol definitely no where near as satisfying. Plus you have to clean it and recharge it and then eventually the battery dies on them etc. Those that I know who have successfully made the swap have switched to vaping only so their tolerance adjusts to the lower doses, but I still notice their eyes light up when someone sparks a fatty. That being said I would like to try the Dynavap, I like the analogue vibes, could come in handy on the side of a windy mountain or in nightclub smoking areas.

Try the tinymight or tetra p80. I have the TM and it's not a hard draw. Far from.it. pack it correctly and it's very free flowing. Big clouds. Big hits. Good taste. Simple to reload. Easy to clean.

It's really helped. And whilst I like a dynavap, the tinymight is a different and higher League.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Try the tinymight or tetra p80. I have the TM and it's not a hard draw. Far from.it. pack it correctly and it's very free flowing. Big clouds. Big hits. Good taste. Simple to reload. Easy to clean.

It's really helped. And whilst I like a dynavap, the tinymight is a different and higher League.....

I'll stick with my smoke cheers, its just so much more satisfying.

I'm sure they're good bits of kit, but 230 for something I'll lose down the back of someone's sofa or eventually destroy just isn't justified for me, can you at least replace the battery?

Edited by MindSoup

I often think about using my vape and remember how nice it is when it's clean. I then reach out for the Raws and skin up a nice spliff :skin_up:

• Like 1

mate popped over couple of weeks back and brought his Spirit vape, not being a vape person i had a play 

what I noticed is that I used over twice the amount of weed to get me where I wanted to be with it high wise, and I dry coughed loads more than I ever do smoking a purey or normal pipe/bong..

for the price of these things, i’ll just stick to my pipe, I understand they have their uses in certain situations (stealth etc) but i don’t put myself in those situations much so will just stick to pure joints and pipes..

:yinyang:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KC said:

How much are you vaping to get lung cramps? @Nick Berry Sounds strange.

Mind you, I find I start sneezing for a bit after I start vaping. Weird.

I'd been vaping a while over a year and they used to strike when I was vaping it was the lower part of the lung and it that it was down to me exercising them for the first time in ages sort of thing, it stopped when I ceased vaping in 2014 and went back to 5 0r 6 single skinners pure. I think the solo didn't help I sucked my lungs inside out trying to get a drawer on it, lifting the pipe a mm or so made it easy but super dry mouth and when I still smoked the vapes could make me wheeze as they did this time but this seems to have stopped after a few days and the vapour seems less harsh than a week ago. odd but I assume the smoke irritates your lining as it's about twice the temp of vape?

15 hours ago, vapeOguy said:

Good luck with your endeavours :yep:

Cheers. I think the decades of combustion give you the wrong kind of brain training 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I'll stick with my smoke cheers, its just so much more satisfying.

I'm sure they're good bits of kit, but 230 for something I'll lose down the back of someone's sofa or eventually destroy just isn't justified for me, can you at least replace the battery?

Fair enough. Combusting for over 30 years. Current crop of convection vapes finally have me off the baccy and I've been vaping for the last 10 but still combusting fairly regularly.

And yes, 18650 batteries slide out for recharge....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twigs said:

mate popped over couple of weeks back and brought his Spirit vape, not being a vape person i had a play 

what I noticed is that I used over twice the amount of weed to get me where I wanted to be with it high wise, and I dry coughed loads more than I ever do smoking a purey 

for the price of these things, i’ll just stick to my pipe, I understand they have their uses in certain situations (stealth etc) but i don’t put myself in those situations much so will just stick to pure joints and pipes..

:yinyang:

I don't use a vape for stealth. Most are not terribly stealthy tbh although some are pretty subtle.

I vape because it's a lot healthier and once you are used to it you actually taste the herb and get completely smashed on a lot less. 

A dynavap used correctly can get you mashed on a pinch. A flowerpot can have you reaching for the stars on about .2g..

However, because I can now taste the herb my consumption has increased as I just reach for another bowl as it is so damn tasty.

It's not for everyone evidently but I'm glad I persevered..... 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, M Pamplemousse said:

I vape because it's a lot healthier

smoking pure weed isn’t unhealthy dude, never has been, it’s whatever else you smoke which is where the harm is, and cannabis offers some protection against those things too.

Its been talked about lots here before and always ends the same.. which is people do what ever they want to do :yinyang:

sounds like you enjoy it so carry on :yep:  

59 minutes ago, twigs said:

smoking pure weed isn’t unhealthy dude, never has been, it’s whatever else you smoke which is where the harm is, and cannabis offers some protection against those things too.

Its been talked about lots here before and always ends the same.. which is people do what ever they want to do :yinyang:

sounds like you enjoy it so carry on :yep:  

Which is why I stated 'its not for everyone'........

Besides, you use less and it tastes better in my opinion....

But sounds like you enjoy pure herb smoking which is your choice so please, carry on :skin_up:

Smoking anything is unhealthy surely :unsure:

Relatively healthier than with baccy sure,  but in no way healthy.

I was one of those 'vapes dont get me stoned' folks for years. I think it often comes down to vaping less than you would smoke in a joint then comparing the effects. Obviously unfair.

Take a week off the spliffs. Then weigh out how much you would normally put in a spliff and chain vape it. I guarantee you will change your mind.

Edited by penchant
  • Like 6

Howdy stoners, thread here reminded to fire up the vapelol since last week and it's lovely, and always forget how the real fresh moist terpenes can be retained and swirled through the mouth and sinuses, it's a healthfood experience, pure clean vital cannabis essential oil molecules infuse throughout ones head.

Smoke a pinner afterwards and it's a bit like tasting kerosene fumes (jet aircraft cabin air smell) in comparison.

Vaporiser's are a useful tool for judging weed quality too:smug:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, penchant said:

weigh out how much you would normally put in a spliff and chain vape it. I guarantee you will change your mind

:stoned: had to do that and it was pants mate, i’m not saying it’s wrong but i’d much rather have a proper smoke..

my opinion hasn’t changed from when my mate imported the first advertised vape in the uk over 25 years ago lol didn’t like it then and still don’t 

@M Pamplemousse will do mate :bong: 

@penchant read up on Donald Tashkin is a good start mate :stoned: 

3 hours ago, twigs said:

:stoned: had to do that and it was pants mate, i’m not saying it’s wrong but i’d much rather have a proper smoke..

my opinion hasn’t changed from when my mate imported the first advertised vape in the uk over 25 years ago lol didn’t like it then and still don’t 

@M Pamplemousse will do mate :bong: 

@penchant read up on Donald Tashkin is a good start mate :stoned: 

Honestly mate once you figure out howto use them properly there is no going back. You can get way higher, way more efficiently with a vape and it doesnt taste like shit. It took me a while to figure it out to. I had vapes sat on my side for years thinking they were shit but once i figured out how to use them properly its night and day, there is no going back. 19 years of joints vs 6 years of vapes my only regret is not switching way sooner.

This is the first paragraph on the first link i clicked when googling Donald Tashkin by the way

Regular smoking of marijuana by itself causes visible and microscopic injury to the large airways that is consistently associated with an increased likelihood of symptoms of chronic bronchitis that subside after cessation of use.

sauce: www.atsjournals.org/doi/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201212-127FR

Edited by penchant
  • Like 3

Vapes have moved on a lot in the last 25 years. Tbh, the last couple have been massive.

If one's opinion is based on 25 year old vapes and a  more recent few puffs on a mates vape then so be it. 

The link is clearly looking at smoking pure Vs mixed Vs not smoking. No mention of vapes. And it seems to support the idea that smoking anything causes damage. It's just a question of how much....

I'm amazed at the current tech and things can only get better. The improvement in induction heating and portable concentrate vapes has made vaping on the go /outside almost as good as desktops.....

• Like 3

To me it's like comparing beer to a fine single malt whisky, the joints being the beer, the vape being the whisky. I still smoke the occasional joint but I love the high from vaping. Sometimes I think to myself, "I don't feel stoned", but then I'll try doing something that normally is just run of the mill, and I find myself thinking "Shit! I'm off my tits", but, the best thing for me, is how amazing food smells and tastes. :hippy:

Edited by Maesteg Cannabis Club
  • Like 6