Attic grow set-up

Calypsos

1 hour ago, Calypsos said:

Once a week res change? Having a good look at options, nutes atm. 

Works for me :yep:

I went for Growth Technologies Ionic Hydro Grow and Bloom, nice and easy to use as they're a 1 part, but avoid their calmag as it's organic based..

• Like 2

On 09/07/2020 at 8:47 PM, kronic420 said:

@KCi have a res in the loft no problems at all , coco run to waste plumbed straight into the bathroom waste water pipe this system works so well, dragging water up a loft ladder every day is to much hassle for me.

I fill the tank once a week and check the plants once or twice a week a proper lazy mans system and it suits me fine lol 

I found the waste pipe in the loft that would be ideal for a run to waste. I got an on suite bathroom put in upstairs in my bedroom when I got my house. 

Its something that I'll be looking to try after I learn of growing in coco.

• 2 years later...

Hi again all at 420.

Looking to get the ball rolling again with this. Moved houses etc fair while ago and now settled.

Build plans still remain the same regarding room inside loft etc, slightly bigger. Power and water supply up there. Will draw air in from room below, im sure this will help keep temps more stable.

Just need help ironing out equipment needed if possible please, im in noway rich but would like to buy right first time and the foreseable.

Internal footprint will be 2.2m x 1.4m x 2/2.2m. Looking at 4 possibly 6 plants.

X2 LEDs

Intake fan

Extraction fan + Cf

Autopot + res(really set on using this system)

Heater (winter)

X2/3 Smaller fans

Can you guys reel of a good mid range level of bits for me to take a look at? I understand ill need a bigger ext fan than intake. Ideally a quiet system.

Unsure on x1 or x2 leds, read a few bits regarding this so slightly confused.

In very hot weather im hoping i can keep the room below cool to help temps inside groom to stay ideal.

Nice1 fellas!

15 minutes ago, Calypsos said:

Hi again all at 420.

Looking to get the ball rolling again with this. Moved houses etc fair while ago and now settled.

Build plans still remain the same regarding room inside loft etc, slightly bigger. Power and water supply up there. Will draw air in from room below, im sure this will help keep temps more stable.

Just need help ironing out equipment needed if possible please, im in noway rich but would like to buy right first time and the foreseable.

Internal footprint will be 2.2m x 1.4m x 2/2.2m. Looking at 4 possibly 6 plants.

X2 LEDs

Intake fan

Extraction fan + Cf

Autopot + res(really set on using this system)

Heater (winter)

X2/3 Smaller fans

Can you guys reel of a good mid range level of bits for me to take a look at? I understand ill need a bigger ext fan than intake. Ideally a quiet system.

Unsure on x1 or x2 leds, read a few bits regarding this so slightly confused.

In very hot weather im hoping i can keep the room below cool to help temps inside groom to stay ideal.

Nice1 fellas!

Sounds good mate look at infinity fans and omega Luna LEDs there good for the price heaters I would get tube heaters not sure with auto pots don't use them also if in loft I look at controlers for everything then your not climbing in and out of attic good luck with it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

Sounds good mate look at infinity fans and omega Luna LEDs there good for the price heaters I would get tube heaters not sure with auto pots don't use them also if in loft I look at controlers for everything then your not climbing in and out of attic good luck with it

Thanks  dude. Is it best to run 2 lights rather than 1 bigger one?

Yes been looking at controlers also

Just now, Calypsos said:

Thanks  dude. Is it best to run 2 lights rather than 1 bigger one?

Yes been looking at controlers also

I like to run big ones but it depends what you can fit in you want to fill the space as much as you can cause the drop off is quick with LEDs if yours is 2.2 meters long and 1.4 wide you will need 2 big ones like the omega or lumatex Zeus pro 600 watt mate

• Like 3

Hello @Calypsos  :) Almost finished my first grow in a 2.4 x 1.2 space. Have a look at my diary in the link in my signature if you want to have a look. You know you want to :naughty:lollol  

The small tent in my diary got chopped last night - it's a 3x3 with a 250w. The big tent with the two PAR+ 480s has a week or so to go. All the best :) 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Calypsos said:

In very hot weather im hoping i can keep the room below cool to help temps inside groom to stay ideal

It's the insulation that will be the biggest factor in keeping your loft cool.

As already mentioned to cover that width you'll need more than one fixture, I don't believe there is a light on the market that would cover that space. Multiple units are nice to have anyway, whatever type of lighting you run. Just be mindful of how big the bar type lights are, I couldn't fit them in my loft  at a useable height so boards were the answer for me.

Edited by KC
missing word
  • Like 3

@Calypsos

I assume your loft has a hatch? If so, then dangle the inlet ducting out of the hatch. I do this and it is very close to our bedroom door, which we leave open for fresh air and the CO2 we breathe out, is very beneficial for the plants. Saves you putting a hole in the ceiling.

Of course it isn't actually stealthy, but if we have visitors, I just pull the ducting up and close the loft door.

• Like 1

As @Larry Badgeley states pulling air from house brings in co2 also think it gives u better climate control as for lights 2 lights I think will be better as u can adjust to different heights if needed and also angle slightly to the pitch of ur roof but another thing to think of is bar vs board them lumateks and all other bar type are big and heavy two of those plus plus filter is alot of weight on ur rafters that's why I mentioned @Gaijin grow them boards are light and far better/easier to move about plus loads are using them on here so u no what ur getting

• Like 2

As kc stated best option for attics is air coming in from the bedroom below is better and if you can get your outtake to deliver outside is your best bet .

11 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Hello @Calypsos  :) Almost finished my first grow in a 2.4 x 1.2 space. Have a look at my diary in the link in my signature if you want to have a look. You know you want to :naughty:lollol  

The small tent in my diary got chopped last night - it's a 3x3 with a 250w. The big tent with the two PAR+ 480s has a week or so to go. All the best :) 

Oh I've had a good read mate, stoked for you - will be taking plenty of pointers from your diary!

Do you rate AC infinity extraction? I've been in touch with them recently and they've said you won't be disappointed :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

I like to run big ones but it depends what you can fit in you want to fill the space as much as you can cause the drop off is quick with LEDs if yours is 2.2 meters long and 1.4 wide you will need 2 big ones like the omega or lumatex Zeus pro 600 watt mate

20 hours ago, 420Ted said:

Two zeus 465w would do or couple of par+465 been reading @Gaijin looks like he's smashed it with them and ac infinity are great

Tidy lads, thanks - Been having a good research today. Found the Zeus 465w for a decent price aswell, the 600w is a little over budget atm!!

9 hours ago, KC said:

It's the insulation that will be the biggest factor in keeping your loft cool.

As already mentioned to cover that width you'll need more than one fixture, I don't believe there is a light on the market that would cover that space. Multiple units are nice to have anyway, whatever type of lighting you run. Just be mindful of how big the bar type lights are, I couldn't fit them in my loft  at a useable height so boards were the answer for me.

Two units it will have to be by the looks mate, height will be 2m / 2.2m so got plenty of room there. I'm hoping to create a fairly decent groom so insulation will be paramount!!

• Like 1