How do you guys do it!?!

Tomateo.grower

Hi there.

Just started my first grow around a month ago. And wanted to ask how you guys do it?

Now I don't mean the grow, I mean having the balls to have big grows in your back gardens! And also any tips you might have for a novice, as the last thing I want is to be caught!

• Like 1

Keep lips shut and everything will be sweet.

its not about having balls it’s about is it worth the risk.. it is for me anyways.

• Like 5

I should probably say about my personal situation. I'm growing in the back garden as the wife wouldn't let me in the house, I mean she'd prob kill me when she finds out I'm doing it in the garden, but cross that later. 

I'm lucky as gardens quite big for my area. Long but narrow, and at the back and one side I'm not to worried about neighbors and they have plenty of shrubs along the boundary and are elderly.

I'm growing just 2 autos to see how this all goes, and hopefully learn a lot. If all goes well some GG in 2021. They are in a tomato grow house, but the pe type plastic so can't really see inside them (have that renforced green plastic and not see through)

Anyway thanks for reading hopefully I may hear back.

• Like 7

Thanks exile. No one knows as yet. Wife may rumble me tho sooner rather than later. Visiting them twice a day, once morning, once evening. Just check they ok. No more. Tempting as it is!

• Like 1

Keep lips shut and everything will be sweet.

its not about having balls it’s about is it worth the risk.. it is for me anyways.

• Like 3

@Tomateo.grower definitely about weighing up the risk/reward. I grew in the garden the 3 years before this year with no issues, but found I (the mrs too..) worried too much about smell/neighbours for it to be worth a few extra ounces. 

Good idea to test it out with a couple autos, see how you feel. It's awesome being able to tend to the plants every day, give them that bit of extra care.. if it's too risky though like you say find a plot, get a gg on and make up the lost garden yield there :yep:

Edited by LivelyUpYourself
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Hi there.

Just started my first grow around a month ago. And wanted to ask how you guys do it?

Now I don't mean the grow, I mean having the balls to have big grows in your back gardens! And also any tips you might have for a novice, as the last thing I want is to be caught!

It's not like I'll be sent to a gulag if the cops find a plant. 

• Like 4

i try not to jinx myself by dwelling on such things.

Go for it or don't.

Don't live a life of anxiety and paranoia.

If you are paranoid then you have too many plants 

• Like 8

You gotta weigh up the risk, no paranoia just valid concern for doing something illegal. 

11 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Go for it or don't

Bad advice.. judge your own personal situation. For example it's not worth growing in the garden if you have an indoor grow/large outdoor crop inside. People that don't consider the risks are the ones that get caught imo :yinyang:

• Like 1

I grew a couple last season and the missus went berserk! Since then she has been reading up on medicinal benefits, and now she's like ok cool, but keep them in the poly! Yh don't tell anyone not even close friends, also I've found growing outdoors my plants are always less pungent than an indoor grow, i keep my plants trained and grow lots of flowers, and herbs.. Also raspberries are great nice height to hide my grow behind, i have so many plants and flowers sometimes i lose track of where my girls are 

• Like 2

@LivelyUpYourself I respectfully disagree.  My advice is sound.

Everyone will decide for themselves and if they are anxious or paranoid then they have too many plants.

• Like 6

@Inspiration101 no worries mate that's what this forum is about, sharing experience and opinions. Agree to disagree :yinyang:

@ratdog most outdoor growers store their crop inside when it's harvested/dried/cured. That's why I said 'crop' not grow, but I see the confusion :yep:

• Like 5

Why not go for low-smelling varieties? I know people seem to love the extreme pungent smelling varieties, but, imho, there are some very strong ones which don't smell much. Northern Lights, for example. Problem will not necessarily be directly from neighbours, but from criminals who'll smell it and try and break in to thieve it, causing eventual police involvement and problems!

• Like 2