First Ever Grow Diary

AutoAberdeen

That’s the top half of my auto GSC harvested and in the shed to dry. Reckon I’ve got at least half as much again on the lower branches so hopefully those. I’m pretty happy so far getting this off a plant that looked like it would die back in the May heatwave. 

large.A5C09DBC-469B-48A7-96C5-17C37339E7BA.jpeg

• Like 5

Day 3 of drying in the shed, seems to be drying nice and slow, not humid in there and not too hot so all good so far. 

My photoperiod is still going, buds have filled out more high up, the lower not so much. 

• Like 1

Shed batch is drying nice and slowly, no signs of any mould issues so all good so far. The lower half is still in the greenhouse with lots of fresh pistils down low so I think it may end up being a 3 stage harvest on that one by the time those buds are ready. 

Photoperiod Amnesia is still going strong, looks like the trichomes are getting really milky so not long to go it seems. This is the top cola, about 5” long and pretty chunky and firm.large.1CB11029-3934-40B4-AC5D-4B74697B8BA6.jpeg

Ive also got a white widow auto on the go but it’s looking a bit weird in places with some oddly shaped leaves lower down but the new growth appears normal. 

Hope everyone is doing ok, we had insane thunderstorms up here last night, was worried my greenhouse would end up full of water 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 5

Harvested the photoperiod amnesia 5 last night, pretty happy with the outcome considering how damaged it got from being roasted in the greenhouse a few weeks back. 

large.EEE6D78C-6CD4-4CC7-BFC1-635EA6EDEA25.jpeglarge.6D48DA0B-E74F-48E9-9D3A-1A47A8FC9C21.jpeg

Jarred up the first stage harvest on the auto GSC, have a similar amount drying in the shed with more to take when it’s fully finished. Don’t have any scales so no idea of the dried weight but it’s pungent and a couple of fills of the Dynavap has me away to another world :hippy: large.2E398201-85B3-4FF0-B791-6E2B243E7D0C.jpeg

• Like 4

My auto white widow seems to have randomly started flowering at 3ish weeks but it’s only about 6” tall with a small number of leaves. Only planted this when it looked like my photoperiod wasn’t going to go well. 

Anyone had an auto go like this?

large.5A137618-14C0-4438-9C2A-A4C447E92128.jpeglarge.21528E18-B57E-4AA3-A5D8-0F0324ACC21D.jpeg

• Like 1

6 days curing for my Girl Scout cookies auto. I’ve been dipping into some of the small buds and after such a long time off the herb I can confirm that after a couple of Dynavap bowls that I’m suitably baked! Gonna brave a joint for old time sake at some stage, will probably be wiped after a few draws :smokin:

Still have some more of that plant drying (couple of days away from being ready to jar for cure) and my photoperiod is drying nice and slow in the shed on the sock dryer. 

• Like 3

We’ve done some LST on the white widow auto seedling, while it’s still tiny I can see the difference it makes with growth. How big it will get, no idea big will see what happens. 

large.24EF8D19-6CC2-4ECA-8FB6-DB8618D6B95C.jpeg

Have more of the Girl Scout Cookies auto in a small mason jar for curing. Based on when I used to buy I think the total amount I’m gonna get will be around an ounce or so (don’t have accurate scales) once Ive harvested the bottom buds and dried them. Photoperiod amnesia is on day 8 of drying, no mould issues despite all this wet weather so it seems to be going nice and slow. 

Smoke report on the GSC is that it’s really tasty and in small amounts a nice relaxing stone but after a few it’s full on couch lock! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

We’ve done some LST on the white widow auto seedling, while it’s still tiny I can see the difference it makes with growth. How big it will get, no idea big will see what happens. 

Have more of the Girl Scout Cookies auto in a small mason jar for curing. Based on when I used to buy I think the total amount I’m gonna get will be around an ounce or so (don’t have accurate scales) 

I have enjoyed doing LST for the interesting compact plant it produces with autos.  My Serious 6 in the garden has been topped and trained to only 40-50cm high but is now 130x80cm across and beginning to flower.  No worries during the gales! 

".... don't have accurate scales..." Nor do I; probably no bad thing in case (let's hope not) we were to get busted. Further evidence that it is a tiny grow for personal use.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

First time back on here for some time, had a lot on so fell behind. 

My Girl Scout Cookies auto ended up being a really good result, nice dense buds which were really smelly and a great stone!

The amnesia turned out not as dense but a good high off it. 

Due to the weather, we had to bring an auto white widow inside under a fish tank light  at an early stage and it ended up with some tiny buds which packed a punch. 

Lots of lessons learned and I’ll be going again this year. Thinking about a small tent setup for indoors until the weather picks up to resume the greenhouse  grow. This year I’m aiming for 4-6 autos and may do a couple of photos later on in the year to run naturally. 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread @AutoAberdeen :)

I'm ready to try my first grow this year.

Got some Autos and thinking of getting them going inside under an LED light in early March, then outside/PVC GH in early May (SE england here).

Bit worried on the smell as small near the road/footpath garden

How did you find it?

• Like 1

@MJManthe smell outside my greenhouse never got too bad. Only when I was using a fan to cool it down in the heat of summer did I notice it but even then only when up close. 

Im planning on using a spare fish tank light to get the seedlings going in March then into the greenhouse with heat from late April. Now to decide which strains to do...

• Like 3

i started m,ine last year just in pot outside str8 from germ while our plot got staretd under a light will i need to start seedling under lights or what i havent got anywere to start seedlings so could do with them surving under natrural light and no gimmics added

• Like 2